X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 Part II: I Believe in Seth Appert

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Yes sir, I will be. I will also be bringing along one of my siblings, as he is in the area. I am going to look for general admission seating. I shouldn't be hard to pick out if you want to say hi, I'm the dude with long hair.

Which reminds me, a week from now marks my 3rd anniversary of USCHO Fan Forum debut, and I wasn't even posting!
    With or without the Hansen Bros. glasses ?? Only kidding. I'll be there...if you get to the rink early you'll probably see me walking my puppy in the parking lot.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      The thing about York is that he plays like he's been here for years. Very calm, cool customer who covers a ton of the net and has stonewalling ability. Love him.
      Not to mention, has the bollocks to come out and play the puck (although during the Colgate game last year nearly gave me a heart attack, and heck, does that every time he does it). Plays like a veteran, and does his job well. Columbus definitely knew something in their choice, and I can't wait to see not only his remaining 2.5 years, but to see him play in Syracuse (assuming he doesn't go to Columbus right away).

Comment

Anyone heading out to Niagara tomorrow? I'm seriously thinking about it, but need to come back after the game...
        I thought about it, but I decided to go to the Siena game today instead. Used up my gas budget for the week.

Had a small group of Siena people who were my guests at the Brown game - they decided they want to try and adapt the single clap "you suck" for the starting lineups, and independent of that I heard the Siena students picking up on the Red Army chant of "you can't do that" before penalty announcements at the Field House and using it for fouls.

Sweet.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

The thing about York is that he plays like he's been here for years. Very calm, cool customer who covers a ton of the net and has stonewalling ability. Love him.
          I have been mostly reading and not contributing to the thread so far this year but the one thing that has really struck me so far is that (up until recently) the faithful have beeen remarkably restrained about York and how much of a factor he has been in giving us a shot at winning every night. Combined with our greatly improved PP (and offence generally) he gives me confidence that this is a lineup that could be ranked a LOT higher at the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
            I have been mostly reading and not contributing to the thread so far this year but the one thing that has really struck me so far is that (up until recently) the faithful have beeen remarkably restrained about York and how much of a factor he has been in giving us a shot at winning every night. Combined with our greatly improved PP (and offence generally) he gives me confidence that this is a lineup that could be ranked a LOT higher at the end of the season.
            I think it's a reflection on the team as a whole - up until the SLU game, we haven't really asked York to carry the team on his back. Had we been on the better end of a 2-1 result in the SLU game, I think everyone would have been talking about York and I'm almost certain he would have won ECAC Goalie of the Week if not Player of the Week.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
              I don't like to think I'm a bandwagon guy, but I have jump in and dispute that York hasn't been "spectacular" - .941 save pct, 1.77 GAA in ECAC play. Other than last year, that would usually have had him (easily) leading the league in each of those statistics.
              I agree with you. I'll take a stab in the dark. That poster's handle is Oilers Chick. Although her profile does not reveal where she lives, she probably lives in Alberta, and probably saw York as a Junior. Thus her opinion of him may be based upon his play in Juniors. OTOH, he played quite well there also.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I agree with you. I'll take a stab in the dark. That poster's handle is Oilers Chick. Although her profile does not reveal where she lives, she probably lives in Alberta, and probably saw York as a Junior. Thus her opinion of him may be based upon his play in Juniors. OTOH, he played quite well there also.
                And of course as we know, it's impossible for any Canadian Junior A player to actually, y'know, turn out decent, who decides to forego MJ to play NCAA.

Comment

And of course as we know, it's impossible for any Canadian Junior A player to actually, y'know, turn out decent, who decides to forego MJ to play NCAA.
                  Jonathan Toews totally sucks.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

She appears to like college hockey.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't recall Heiman drawing Brut's call into question, but I trust GLM. That said, if the opposing teams announcers are laughing on the air about the call that benefitted their team, I think we've sacrificed too much to objectivity, jeopardizing an accurate account of what is happening on the ice, which we are all hoping is what we are listening to.
                      Just FYI, the SLU announcers weren't laughing. Greg just said something along the lines of "That was a terrible call...and Brutlag did exactly what he was supposed to do." It was a bad enough call that I almost had to assume it was a make-up call for not calling the take down on McKenzie a few minutes earlier. Brutlag is not the goat on this one...he played it as he should have!

Also, FYI, I don't think the press box at SLU is the easiest place to see the ice and all the play. Maybe your guy just missed it?
                      9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                      1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

I don't think that this has been posted yet. Tom Boggie's short ECAC column in THN is devoted to Brandon Pirri:
                        The pre-season hype about RPI freshman center Brandon Pirri was all true. The 59th overall pick by the Chicago Blackhawks in June has lived up to his reputation as a playmaker and is showing he can score, too. Through the Engineers' first eight games, Pirri, 18, had four goals and seven points to sit second in team scoring. The 6-foot, 160-pounder is displaying other talents as well. "He is very strong on faceoffs for such a young age" said RPI coach Seth Appert, who noted Pirri needs to work on details and positional play, but has all the tools to become a "high-end center."
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

About time he gets a little notice. I'm sure he knew there were things to work on, and hence why he wanted to learn from the best. He'll be fun to watch throughout the next four years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            I don't think that this has been posted yet. Tom Boggie's short ECAC column in THN is devoted to Brandon Pirri:
                            The same could be said for all of the freshmen.
                            I believe that they have all lived up to expectations. Yes they are freshmen and they will need to gain experience and grow into their potential, but these guys are good, and I look forward to watching that growth.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              I believe that they have all lived up to expectations. Yes they are freshmen and they will need to gain experience and grow into their potential, but these guys are good, and I look forward to watching that growth.
                              I agree that all of them have lived up to expectations, however IMHO that blurb could only have been written about Pirri, especially the faceoff part.

I hope that we will get to see them all at RPI for four years.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                EHF: I have always been one to believe that by the time hockey players reach the stage of being NCAA freshmen they are usually 19 or 20 years old, and that most of their improvement has already taken place. I used to feel that it was the exception to see a player improve greatly after his 20th birthday or from his freshmen year on. I have changed my thinking quite a bit especially in view of the current crop of freshmen we have. I see a lot of raw talent that needs to be honed. I think for the first time I really agree that some of these kids will make marked improvement as they move through the class years. Even us old dogs can learn new things
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X