X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 Part II: I Believe in Seth Appert

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Beginning to think that Helfrich's injury is a bit more serious than was first believed. Ankles are tricky but minor ankle injuries usually respond fairly rapidly. Hope this is not one of those season long nagging things. The news on Lee is a surprise to me also.
    Well he did finally practice on it, so there is some upside there.
    R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

We have had a history of this kind of thing-makes you wonder who are these voters?
      Keith Allain, Seth Appert, Ted Donato, Guy Gadowsky, Bob Gaudet, Nate Leaman, Joe Marsh, Rand Pecknold, George Roll, Mike Schafer, Don Vaughan, and Brendan Whittet.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        Keith Allain, Seth Appert, Ted Donato, Guy Gadowsky, Bob Gaudet, Nate Leaman, Joe Marsh, Rand Pecknold, George Roll, Mike Schafer, Don Vaughan, and Brendan Whittet.
        RC-I knew that-I was being facetious. But thanks anyway
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
          When it comes to ankles I am old school-I believe in ice early, then heat and then rest and then more rest. I do not have much faith in any sort of ankle physical therapy. Perhaps practicing on it caused some sort of set back? Basically though I think SA is just be a very cautious coach and trying to do what is best for optimum healing. I can recall some episodes in the past (several years ago) when injured RPI players were rushed back onto the ice perhaps too quickly only to suffer more permanent injury.

Comment

When it comes to ankles I am old school-I believe in ice early, then heat and then rest and then more rest. I do not have much faith in any sort of ankle physical therapy. Perhaps practicing on it caused some sort of set back? Basically though I think SA is just be a very cautious coach and trying to do what is best for optimum healing. I can recall some episodes in the past (several years ago) when injured RPI players were rushed back onto the ice perhaps too quickly only to suffer more permanent injury.
            The team is playing very well right now and I don't think that Appert feels the need to put extra pressure on his ankle right now.
            If they lose two this weekend, he will be in the lineup for the next ECAC game. JMO
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
              Certainly was an interesting choice to leave RPI out of both Player and Goalie of the week; especially when colgate got two awards.
              I have read/heard both York and Polacek quoted in papers and also in press conferences and they seem like humble guys. Their performances speak for themselves and the team wins are what these guys care about. Go Red!

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                I'm assuming you're talking about this week's practices? If so, I would guess it now boils down to how the ankle feels the day after...I'm more than OK with RPI taking their time with him...as EHF said, better to have him for the long run than now, IMO.
                Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 11-11-2009, 04:25 PM.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

No electro-stim, Doc? C'mon you're missing all the fun... After resting it initially, I think y'a gotta have some sort of therapy in there Doc...too much rest and range of motion will be non-existent, no? Burgdoerfer was the most recent seriosu ankle injury that I can recall and he ended up under the knife IIRC. ..I can't imagine that in Tyler's case as he has been skating.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    No electro-stim, Doc? C'mon you're missing all the fun... After resting it initially, I think y'a gotta have some sort of therapy in there Doc...too much rest and range of motion will be non-existent, no? Burgdoerfer was the most recent seriosu ankle injury that I can recall and he ended up under the knife IIRC. ..I can't imagine that in Tyler's case as he has been skating.
                    My orthopod friends are incredibly aggressive with their ankle cases-I just find that they get people back a little sooner to function but at a risk of reinjury. I was always a more conservative doc-I am not against some exercise to maintain range of motion-but weight bearing too quickly is fraught with problems. Then again, most of the ankle injuries I saw were in a much older population. In any case coach SA must know something to consider resting him a bit longer.

Comment

Sorry to get off of the topic of ankle injuries and their impact, but a quick question:

I was looking for info on recent alums from the hockey program (to see who's playing near the Philly area so I can go watch them), and I came across a couple guys who split time at RPI and Fairfield. The Stags disbanded after the 02-03 season, right?

I'm going to guess that they didn't have to sit out a year because their team was disbanding, making a penalty year pointless, right? It looks like we picked up at least two players. How many other teams actively recruited / added Fairfield players to their rosters?

Thank you for any and all info.
                      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                        Sorry to get off of the topic of ankle injuries and their impact, but a quick question:

I was looking for info on recent alums from the hockey program (to see who's playing near the Philly area so I can go watch them), and I came across a couple guys who split time at RPI and Fairfield. The Stags disbanded after the 02-03 season, right?

I'm going to guess that they didn't have to sit out a year because their team was disbanding, making a penalty year pointless, right? It looks like we picked up at least two players. How many other teams actively recruited / added Fairfield players to their rosters?

Merrimack, Colgate, Quinnipiac, and Clarkson
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          It never hurts to fly under the radar, although we won't be able to do it for long.
                          It won't hurt to be a bit undervalued/overlooked... but if we can have a good North Country weekend, we may escape serious in-conference notice until early December when Cornell & Colgate come to HFH.
                          Last edited by fr joe; 11-11-2009, 09:03 PM.
                          Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post

RC answered the hard part of your question. The easy parts are that Fairfield did indeed disband (along with Iona) after 02-03 and the players did not have to sit out a year.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              RC answered the hard part of your question. The easy parts are that Fairfield did indeed disband (along with Iona) after 02-03 and the players did not have to sit out a year.
                              If Im not mistaken we did get 2 players from those teams? Cody Wodilja and Andrew Martin? One came from Iona?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                                If Im not mistaken we did get 2 players from those teams? Cody Wodilja and Andrew Martin? One came from Iona?
                                Yes, we did get Wojdyla and Martin from Fairfield. We got an assistant coach from Fairfield, Frank Bretti, who had been their head coach.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X