X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 Part II: I Believe in Seth Appert

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    The big question of the day is how did Frank Wilson get my phone number.
    It's not 867-5309, is it? :P

Comment

The big question of the day is how did Frank Wilson get my phone number.
      Yeah, sorry.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        It's not 867-5309, is it? :P
        Nope
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          Yeah, sorry.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            And we are 1-1-1 against teams ranked above us that we have played-not bad to start the year. Nice to at least get a few votes.
            Not sure what rankings you're speaking of. We beat UNH and Yale -- that makes at least two nationally ranked teams we've beaten...and we defrocked Union in their barn, which according to some crack-fueled ECAC polls, Union was ranked above us as well..
            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 11-09-2009, 09:34 PM.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              Not sure what rankings you're speaking of. We beat UNH and Yale -- that makes at least two nationally ranked teams above us...and we defrocked Union in their barn, which according to some crack-fueled polls, Union was ranked above us as well..
              #26?

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                Yeah, it's nice when they show up for once. I'm sorry, but until greeks regularly come to games in which they are not being honored, I can't take their 'enthusiasm' seriously (the shirtless section on Saturday seemed to get much quieter once they had officially won the evening's 'most spirited' award). Over my six years as a season ticket holder, greek attendance at games has seemingly plummeted.

For those that do show up regularly to games, hoorah. Keep cheering for our Engineers until your throats are cherry red.
                The greeks have been showing up fairly regularly in the time that I've been coming to games (starting inconsistently in 2001, becoming a regular thing for me in 2003 and ever since). Their is regular attendance by Chi Phi, SigEp, Acacia, Pi Lam, Lambda Chi, and FIJI, and that's just in the area of sections 15, 16, and 22.

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                Traditional arrangements? What ever happened to the first house in hockey line gets the best seats? We slept out for weeks back in the day. Of course we had a keg to keep us company at all times then. My understanding is that this would be frowned upon these days.
                Hockey line was on life support for a while, and was killed by Go Be Red (now Red Army). I remember it being kept alive for a bit by TEP, but they would be the only ones in line until right before they went on sale. It may be hard to get the traditional hockey line going again, unless of course RPI continues to beat nationally ranked opponents.

According to my sources, there has been some infighting among Greeks when it comes to who sits where - the traditional seating arrangements have been upset, apparently, in Sections 14, 15, 16, 22, and 33, and it is to the detriment of the atmosphere.

For my money, though, Sections 15 and 16 do sound pretty good. I'm disappointed that 22 isn't as rambunctious as it used to be when I held court there.
                Yeah, well, for years after the supports were removed, houses settled into "their" sections. Regardless of where they were in line, pretty much house was satisfied with where they had seats and everyone stuck to their own sections. That seems to have changed in recent years and it has led to some infighting, old man.
                I haven't seen any infighting among the houses, other than a few years ago when one house (i don't recall which one) was going to take the seats that Pi Lam had been in for a few years, until Pi Lam threatened to sit behind them and throw stuff at them for the entire season. I still get my season tickets with my house, and haven't seen or heard anything about any infighting.

I know my experience with RPI hockey is limited compared to a number of posters here, but I've always seen a good number of greeks at the games, and haven't seen any real arguments about seats.
                RPI
                Remember, whenever we score, you need to punch, shove, or throw the person next to you, or else you will be removed from our section.

Announcer: [Opposing Team] returns to full strength!
                Crowd: That's de-
                [HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK!!!]

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  Not sure what rankings you're speaking of. We beat UNH and Yale -- that makes at least two nationally ranked teams we've beaten...and we defrocked Union in their barn, which according to some crack-fueled ECAC polls, Union was ranked above us as well..
                  UNH is not currently ranked above us. We beat Yale, tied Alaska, and lost to UMass.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

UNH is not currently ranked above us. We beat Yale, tied Alaska, and lost to UMass.
                    They were ranked when we beat them (16 if I recall correctly)

Comment

Why would you even care about rankings now. Its college hockey. Besides the top 5 or 6..... the rest is bull. Come to think of it so are the top 5 or 6.

Went to Fri night game missed Sat but listened to the Bobby Brinkworth interview on the radio. Fun interview, he was a true RPI hockey hero. Back then he got a chance for the show but a chronic groin injury ended his NHL plan. Career wise he got close, a lot closer than 99% of college players in that era.

Slammin the door on Yale in the 3rd was big real big

Slammin the door on Brown may have been bigger

Comment

I think he's talking about teams that we played when they were ranked. That would be UNH, Alaska, and Yale, and we're 2-0-1 in those games.

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                          Why would you even care about rankings now. Its college hockey. Besides the top 5 or 6..... the rest is bull. Come to think of it so are the top 5 or 6.
                          Victories have been hard to come by for this team in recent years. Ergo, the faithful (myself included) get pretty excited by them these days. That several of them have come at the expense of teams that a few knowledgeable people thought were NC$$ tourney material induces the sort of euphoria one typically only finds at the local opium den.
                          And the score is still: RPI 2, Clarkson nothing

Comment

I think he's talking about teams that we played when they were ranked. That would be UNH, Alaska, and Yale, and we're 2-0-1 in those games.
                            Well, DrD can say what he meant himself, but I interpreted his remark as referring to the current poll.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser Wilhelm View Post
                              Victories have been hard to come by for this team in recent years. Ergo, the faithful (myself included) get pretty excited by them these days. That several of them have come at the expense of teams that a few knowledgeable people thought were NC$$ tourney material induces the sort of euphoria one typically only finds at the local opium den.
                              A name out of the past, Kaiser. The bandwagon is growing. Welcome aboard.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A name out of the past, Kaiser. The bandwagon is growing. Welcome aboard.
                                I am beginning to think that we are going to need a bigger bandwagon by the end of this season.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X