Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OhhowIhate... NMU @ tOSU, 11/6-11/7

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
    Why would we be wanting to send a message to Olver? I mean, besides the usual puck-hog thing he has going on...
    Just a reminder, he doesn't have the Me-Me-Me attitude that his brother did. At least this Olver CAN pass the puck at times.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

1,900 total?!?!?! No way!

If the students get in for free, I would think it would be at least 10,000 per game. Aren't there like 50,000 students at OSU?
      TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post

If the students get in for free, I would think it would be at least 10,000 per game. Aren't there like 50,000 students at OSU?
        OSU has sports other than bouncy ball and oblong ball
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post

Are you kidding me? You expect 10,000 students to show up for every game??? Is there any school which is getting 10,000 students to a hockey game? Basketball which is a popular sport here only sells 2500 student tickets to games. Yes, we are not getting the numbers that we should, but students actually have other options here in Columbus. Numbers are always low in the fall anyways since they conflict with football. I expect that student numbers will go up in the winter after football is over.

Comment

Go NMU!!! *cringe for sh*tty choices*

Comment

Originally posted by OSUHockey09 View Post
              Are you kidding me? You expect 10,000 students to show up for every game??? Is there any school which is getting 10,000 students to a hockey game? Basketball which is a popular sport here only sells 2500 student tickets to games. Yes, we are not getting the numbers that we should, but students actually have other options here in Columbus. Numbers are always low in the fall anyways since they conflict with football. I expect that student numbers will go up in the winter after football is over.
              No, I meant 10,000 total, not just students. Columbus is the largest college town in the CCHA. Naturally you'd think that would translate to a large crowd.
              TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by OSUHockey09 View Post
                10/8 - Season Opener vs Quinnipiac - 1186, no football
                10/9 - Quinnipiac - 1694, no football
                10/15 - Denver - 1387, no football
                10/16 - Denver @ Nationwide - 1323, no football

There hasn't been a single conflict yet this season. They're just throwing away money keeping the Value City cave refridgerated at this rate.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post

There hasn't been a single conflict yet this season. They're just throwing away money keeping the Value City cave refridgerated at this rate.
                  I didn't mean that there was a direct conflict with a football game, I was stating that from my perspective, I notice that numbers are lower during football season and pick up in January. It will be interesting to see how many people attend the games this weekend as it will be the first one which is Fri/Sat, not Thurs/Fri which hurts too. I know that our numbers are pathetic and is it embarassing.

Comment

There is essentially no publicity for the hockey programs, so it's no surprise that there is light turnout. There are big crouds for some series (Michigan in particular typically draws 10,000+), but otherwise the attendance is not great (though if you average across the whole season it is not out of line with most of the other schools in the CCHA). Nevertheless, it's unrealistic to expect that just because a venue has a large capacity that it will be filled regularly. Plus, the team has by many folks' standards underachieved over the years (relative to its talent level, certainly), which does not help in putting butts in the stands. Perhaps the winds of change will blow after the season ends...
                    Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Games/Goals/Assists/Points
                      Greger Hanson, F, Jr 5 1 0 1
                      Andrew Cherniwchan, F, So 5 0 1 1
                      Jared Brown, F, Jr 6 0 1 1
                      Matt Butcher, F, Sr 5 0 1 1
                      Phil Fox, F, Jr 6 0 0 0
                      Tyler Gron, F, So 6 0 0 0

1 Goal and 3 assists amongst this group is dreadful. If any of them can start lighting it up NMU will win some games this weekend. If we see more of the same then a tOSU sweep is quite possible.

Mark Olver has been tremendous thus far. He has carried the team and will at times carry the puck a little too long. His creativity opens things up for other players if they move and don't stand still. I'd like to see NMU go to the net a little more frequent and harder when he has the puck on his stick and on the power play.

Olver is only one man, the other three lines need to pick up the pace.

Go Cats GO!!!

Comment

I suspect that the biggest part of the problem for tOSU is likely that Ohio just isn't a big time hockey state. Sure, Columbus has warmed up to the Blue Jackets (making the playoffs will help in that regard), but part of the appeal there is that they get to play stacked teams like the Red Wings, Blackhawks, etc. Outside of hockey, tOSU is part of a proud Big Ten tradition. The reality is that your casual fan only wants to see the Buckeyes faceoff against the big name schools that they recognize from football and bouncyball. Those folks aren't going to purchase tickets to a weekend series against Quinnipiac, probably don't realize that Miami has a top-ranked hockey team, and most likely don't even know where Marquette, MI is.

That's my two cents.

Anyway, go refs!

Comment

Pick to Click!
                          sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
                          streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
                          TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Cats fans can now follow with Twitter @daveonthepoint
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Even though the Cats are 1-3-1, I think they have a great chance of sweeping Ohio State, regardless of their past records. I believe Ellingson will start this weekend. The offense showed that they can compete with the #1 ranked team in the country. Even though the score didn't show it, they gained a lot of momentum for this weekend.
                              www.catchattv.org - The UP's #1 sports show

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                I suspect that the biggest part of the problem for tOSU is likely that Ohio just isn't a big time hockey state. Sure, Columbus has warmed up to the Blue Jackets (making the playoffs will help in that regard), but part of the appeal there is that they get to play stacked teams like the Red Wings, Blackhawks, etc. Outside of hockey, tOSU is part of a proud Big Ten tradition. The reality is that your casual fan only wants to see the Buckeyes faceoff against the big name schools that they recognize from football and bouncyball. Those folks aren't going to purchase tickets to a weekend series against Quinnipiac, probably don't realize that Miami has a top-ranked hockey team, and most likely don't even know where Marquette, MI is.

That's my two cents.

Anyway, go refs!
                                What, you mean teams like (other than the Blue Jackets) the defunct ECHL Dayton Bombers, IHL Dayton Gems, AHL Lake Erie Monsters, defunct CHL Youngstown Steelhounds, ECHL Cincinnati Cyclones, the defunct AHL Cleveland Barons, the defunct NHL Cleveland Barons, the never became more than a marketing campaign AHL Cincinnati Railriders, the defunct Cincinnati Mighty Ducks, and the various junior teams haven't sparked a loving interest in Ohio for any form of hockey?

Oh, right, I answered it myself because half those teams I listed are defunct.
                                Last edited by aparch; 11-04-2009, 06:01 PM.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X