Plattsburgh vs. Brockport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plattsburgh vs. Brockport

Ok, I admit it. Whenever Brockport comes to town to face the Cardinals on home ice, I cannot help but yawn. Similar to how Bill Murray must have felt in the movie "Groundhog Day" it seems as if the same outcome is a given. For me, the Plattsburgh/Brockport matchup seems to always wind up with a good - but not great - Brockport squad that ultimately falls to Plattsburgh by a handful of goals. Tonight was no exception.

Feel free to check out my recap - available at http://www.therobbrennan.com/journal...-4-1-loss.html

Re: Plattsburgh vs. Brockport

I agree with most of your assessment of the game, however I have to disagree with you about Sheridan. after Plattsburgh went up 2-1 it was almost like the D stopped skating for Brockport. Jobb's goal was just a treat to watch as he put a move on the D, then faked Sheridan out of his "retro" pads. not quite sure what you mean by "carry on and pout like a third grader".... I saw him chewing out his D for leaving him out to dry, but I wouldn't consider it pouting... overall, good win for the Cardinals and it should be interesting to see who plays in net next weekend.
    Jim Reisdorf
    Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

In fairness, I think that is because I instinctively "tune out" the fact that Brockport has any defense to begin with My bad!

Yes, you are correct though - Sheridan was definitely hung out to dry hardcore. That third goal was pretty hot though, wasn't it?

Comment

Tonight's game was much more of a classic "Emery Hockey" game, the Cardinal's were within 90% of looking like any Cardinal team under Emery's tenure. The missing 10%? Well, they were making the moves, making the passes, shooting and .... missing the goal. Sheridan did make some nice saves, and in one case, with the puck behind him, an alert Brockport player dropped on his butt and slid through the crease, taking the puck with him, one of the coolest, last second blocks I've ever seen.

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        ... The only real constant is Emery. Like him or not he produces winners and makes players BETTER over the course of their careers. I think that is the biggest thing Plattsburgh had going for them last season and for their 18(?)SUNYAC titles
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
        X