Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western Michigan vs. Michigan State - The Big School vs. Directional School undercard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Michigan vs. Michigan State - The Big School vs. Directional School undercard

Or as Michigan Arrogance so eloquently put it:

lol "Tropp"
    rofl "top line"
    roflmao "Tropp on the top line"

vs.

JJ and his Crew

Re: Western Michigan vs. Michigan State - The Big School vs. Directional School undercard

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    Or as Michigan Arrogance so eloquently put it:

lol "Tropp"
    rofl "top line"
    roflmao "Tropp on the top line"

vs.

JJ and his Crew
    Don't know what that has to do with your series with Western. Glad to see you like to troll the Mblog for bulletin board material. Now if it made a bit of difference....

We'll see what Mr. Tropp brings to Yost in a few weeks. In the meantime, don't trip this weekend. This isn't your dad's WMU team.

Comment

Re: Western Michigan vs. Michigan State - The Big School vs. Directional School undercard

Originally posted by streaker View Post
      Don't know what that has to do with your series with Western. Glad to see you like to troll the Mblog for bulletin board material. Now if it made a bit of difference....

We'll see what Mr. Tropp brings to Yost in a few weeks. In the meantime, don't trip this weekend. This isn't your dad's WMU team.
      Trolling's what you and I do when we feel like we have to get in a few words in the other guy's domain.

What I did was simply blatantly rip off one of your amigos because I thought the irony was amusing.

Meanwhile -
      Pretty uninspired hockey from Spartans this evening. At the same time I give credit to the Broncos. Were it not for a reviewed Goal vs. Green Light - Western could have had our number.

Comment

How very appropriate for the night before Halloween, as Sparty indeed "eeked" out a win

Hope MSU understands how close that one was. They best step it up a notch going into Lawson tomorrow night, or Western will be handing out tricks and no treats.
        "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
        - Mark Twain

Comment

I was at the game, and cam e home and fired up the DVR... After countless slow-mo replays (focusing on the billowing of the net, and the clock)... I have come to the conclusion with about 70% certainty... that you guys got jobbed.

Don't get me wrong... I'll still take it all the way to the bank. W is a W (we would have won in OT anyway). But unless the overhead that he officials were looking at was synced with a different clock, we stole won.

IT'S ABOUT **** TIME WE HAD SOME PUCK-LUCK GO OUR WAY IN MUNN!!!

=)
          maize is just an arrogant shade of yellow

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer View Post
            I was at the game, and cam e home and fired up the DVR... After countless slow-mo replays (focusing on the billowing of the net, and the clock)... I have come to the conclusion with about 70% certainty... that you guys got jobbed.

Don't get me wrong... I'll still take it all the way to the bank. W is a W (we would have won in OT anyway). But unless the overhead that he officials were looking at was synced with a different clock, we stole won.

IT'S ABOUT **** TIME WE HAD SOME PUCK-LUCK GO OUR WAY IN MUNN!!!

=)
            That is what the consensus seems. On "that one MSU" message board it seemed like everyone watching at home said the goal should have counted.

Additionally, the CCHA.com summary has no mention of a late Western goal being waved off, which has made me somewhat suspicious. I would expect something as important as that to be included in a recap, unless they know they were wrong and want as little people to know about it as possible.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Trolling's what you and I do when we feel like we have to get in a few words in the other guy's domain.

What I did was simply blatantly rip off one of your amigos because I thought the irony was amusing.

Meanwhile -
              Pretty uninspired hockey from Spartans this evening. At the same time I give credit to the Broncos. Were it not for a reviewed Goal vs. Green Light - Western could have had our number.
              It's a good thing I know where you are coming from...

Don't underestimate the Broncos at Lawson.

Comment

Pretty entertaining game last night. I have not seen a replay but it sounds like we lucked out with the review? Oh well, i think we deserved that win anyways since i think for most of the game we had the majority of the scoring chances but Western gets credit for the last half of the third as they played very well. Western has a great penalty kill where they do a really good job of staying disciplined positionally and blocking shooting lanes. I understand a lot of people's frustration with our apparent unwillingness to put pucks on net but Western should get all the credit there. I think they will compete better this year.

The game at Lawson always worries me.

Comment

The look in the western benched was so depressed after the no goal. I kind of feel sorry for them though. I actually think there should be some way to allow a goal when its only fractions of a second. Because even though the time may have expired, they still deserved that goal.

Going to western game tonight and I know western is going to bring it tough. My first away game.
                  Last edited by puppet; 10-31-2009, 12:41 PM.
                  Go Green- 2007 NATIONAL CHAMPS - Go White!

Comment

Originally posted by puppet View Post
                    The look in the western benched was so depressed after the no goal. I kind of feel sorry for them though. I actually think there should be some way to allow a goal when its only fractions of a second. Because even though the time may have expired, they still deserved that goal.
                    ha, yeah it was pretty sad. The way they reacted, just standing there looking on, it was like they just were just eliminated from the playoffs in OT. Oh well, better them than us i guess.

I bet they are gonna be really fired up tonight though.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                      It's a good thing I know where you are coming from...
                      also a good thing you don't know where my seats are in 2 Fridays - or I'll be wearing your beverage

Don't underestimate the Broncos at Lawson.
                      Never for a moment. If my guys can't out-draw the other team (what were we, 10% last night?) we're in for a scary evening.

Comment

Never for a moment. If my guys can't out-draw the other team (what were we, 10% last night?) we're in for a scary evening.
                        I felt like we lost a ton of draws last night. What were the actual numbers? We have usually been pretty good on faceoffs so far this year except for last night.

Comment

also a good thing you don't know where my seats are in 2 Fridays - or I'll be wearing your beverage
                          I doubt that. Not that there is too much of a drink selection at Yost to waste, but I have had more to be upset about and less reaction from it. Just the same, I'm in sec 11 this season, and the USCHO people meet outside at the south entrance in between periods. Test me.

Yeah, they sounded like the Wings last night. Can't expect them to be up every weekend, especially after last weekend's success, but what the heck, they won and that's all you can hope to build on.

Comment

Re: Western Michigan vs. Michigan State - The Big School vs. Directional School under

I was really unimpressed with Lawson's atmosphere tonight - basically, it was Munn with crappy acoustics.

The "Lunatics" were anything but. The majority of them were either too drunk to do anything, or were completely not engaged. They did nothing except stand there like a bunch of inebriated statues and stammer through a couple chants and the WMU fight song (that perhaps ten of the kids actually knew) when it was played over the public address system.

Their best chant of the night was "Pal-mi-swallows" during the second period. They realize Jarosz started, right? Didn't anybody catch that in, oh, I don't know... the first period? The starting lineup, even?

I know that the Slapshots take a boatload of flack from just about everybody affiliated with MSU, and sometimes, it's understood. That said, if those "Lunatics" are the alleged "gold standard" for college hockey student sections, then the standard itself must be tarnished.

The current-gen Slapshots are just as good, if not, better during big-name games as the "Lunatics" were tonight. Hey, at least we have a couple cool traditions that don't involve falling over or puking, and plus, we try to do stuff.

Aside from that, my Lawson experience was pleasant. Most of the fans were courteous.
                            Last edited by aallenpollreisz; 11-01-2009, 12:58 PM.
                            Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                            66 - 86 - 07
                            59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                            59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

I think MSU got a break by playing on Halloween during football season. Had the game been a month or two later Lawson would have been filled.

Comment

Working...
                              X