NMU Fans: The Worst in College Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU Fans: The Worst in College Hockey

The NMU Fan base is a joke. From the students to the community members, who more often than not, DO NOT support the team. Many a nights go by and empty seats plague the arena. Granted times are tough, people are sick and ticket prices are high for non students, but for such a “Strong Hockey Community” I’d expect to see more people in the seats. As for students, it’s a joke how many students attend games. There are just fewer than 10,000 students and they can’t even GIVE AWAY 1,000 tickets to students. THEY ARE FREE. But as we saw at the NMU football game, students love bandwagon jumping. Positive or Negative.

This “Fire Walt Kyle” is a joke. You two clowns make me feel dumber every time I read a post of yours. You have ZERO knowledge of the mechanics and business of hockey from the college level. NMU IS A D-2 SCHOOL. WE ARE NOT MICHIGAN. WE ARE NOT MINNESOTA. STOP DREAMING OF 1991 AND JERKING IT OVER THE 1991 TITLE! I never even heard of Northern Michigan Hockey prior to coming to college here, and I’ve been a supporter/follower of College Hockey my whole life. Stop feeling everything is entitled to you here at NMU. 9/10 people don’t even know this school exists. Look at Mr. Kyle’s credentials. They speak volumes over an amazing coaching/scouting career, and his ability to recruit players who fit this system. NMU cannot draw like Michigan, Minnesota, and North Dakota. And to be honest, I don’t want players that are going to play one season and leave. I’m happy with the players that come in, give their heart to the program and get an education.

We are four games into the regular season. And if the community is “calling for Walt’s head” you are probably talking to the people who still love Comley, and cheer for a college they were most likely rejected from, much like most Michigan residents. Where were you in 2009 when this team went 16-5-2 and to the Joe? I’d rather be a perennial force in the CCHA year to year, win 20+ games than be a flash in the pan like Ferris State in 2004. But you know why Northern wins 20+ games most seasons? Because they have Walt Kyle, who can recruit players that have talent. Come on, you cant sit here and tell me with a straight face that you would rather have a program like Western, and MAYBE make it to the NCAAs once every 20 years.

Yeah, NMU hasn’t been to the NCAAs since 1999. Ten years. St. Cloud hasn’t won an NCAA playoff game EVER. Univ. of New Hampshire makes it every year and has nothing to show for it. Michigan Tech, winners of numerous national titles struggle to win 10 games per season. Christ, do I even have to mention Merrimack? Sometimes I wonder if this fan base would have been better off with Judy Bailey remaining at NMU and killing off all athletics. Im sure Boot Walt Kyle and Billy Blanks would just cheer for some other Michigan school, one they couldn’t get into. Most likely Lake Superior State.

Re: NMU Fans: The Worst in College Hockey

Popcorns on the stove, I'll be in my beanbag in the corner for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
      I'll be in my beanbag in the corner for this one.
      Naked, eating Cheetos?
      sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
      streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
      TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeybando View Post
        Naked, eating Cheetos?
        It's all about the Nachos and popcorn.

Comment

*****http://ixwebhostwarning.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/shocked.jpg******

Welcome to USCHO
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

MUNT.

Most. Useless. New. Thread.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Rule of Thumb #623

Before you create a Forum account, count to 10.

Comment

Originally posted by CCHA_Fanatic View Post
                Yeah, NMU hasn’t been to the NCAAs since 1999. Ten years. St. Cloud hasn’t won an NCAA playoff game EVER. Univ. of New Hampshire makes it every year and has nothing to show for it. Michigan Tech, winners of numerous national titles struggle to win 10 games per season. Christ, do I even have to mention Merrimack?
                I've never been a big fan of the "but those other guys suck too" defense. But hey, that's just me.

Of course being a SCSU fan, I certainly understand the temptation to bring out that defense.
                "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Awesome. I'm not sure if this guy in Walt Kyle in disguise, a closet MTU fan or just an idiot, but this thread will provide me a full week of entertainment. Yay!

CCHA_fanatic- Which is lamer: NMU's fans, TIMMAY!!! Whitehead or St, Clooud?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by CCHA_Fanatic View Post
                    The NMU Fan base is a joke. From the students to the community members, who more often than not, DO NOT support the team.

As for students, it’s a joke how many students attend games. There are just fewer than 10,000 students and they can’t even GIVE AWAY 1,000 tickets to students. THEY ARE FREE. But as we saw at the NMU football game, students love bandwagon jumping. Positive or Negative.
                    If you want students to come to the games, you have to make it a fun experience for them.

If you fill the student section and get the band cranking the community will turn out.

Here's something that might get you started in the right direction. You can build a good student section in a couple of weeks if you are smart enough and you get the right support from the Athletic Department & administration.

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2005/09/blog-post.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      Awesome. I'm not sure if this guy in Walt Kyle in disguise, a closet MTU fan or just an idiot, but this thread will provide me a full week of entertainment. Yay!

I'm guessing either a long-time lurker or a current NMU poster who didn't want to be associated with the post. I'd lean towards the former.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        ECAC Teams ranked in the pre-season Top 10.
                        Last edited by CCHA_Fanatic; 10-28-2009, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post

Of course being a SCSU fan, I certainly understand the temptation to bring out that defense.
                          The difference is SCSU has been to the NCAA tourney something like 6 out the last 10 years. No offense to NMU, but I think I would rather lose in the first round of the NCAA tourney every year than in the final five.
                          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Perhaps something like this would get more students in the seats. Female students at least.
                            Bored kids+matches+vacant school= this http://dakleinbushteacher.shutterfly.com/438

Head half shaven for a week=Free
                            NMU Vs. BGSU Tickets=Free
                            Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8
                            Shaving your head everytime Sigalet lets in a WILDCAT goal and having MOJO chant HALF-A-MULLET=Priceless

"Pat Bateman will eat your f*ing babies!!!"

05-06 A NEW GENERATION OF PUCKHEADS

Farmer JO official get away driver of Bell-Gate 05`

Comment

Originally posted by dankthetank View Post
                              Perhaps something like this would get more students in the seats. Female students at least.
                              ******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a5y3E-L1vcw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a5y3E-L1vcw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                              Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                              1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                              2006-2007: 15-24-2
                              2007-2008: 20-20-4
                              2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X