Women's DIII 2009-2010 Fan Opinion Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's DIII 2009-2010 Fan Opinion Poll

So 4and20 asked me to "run" the fan opinion poll this year. Here is the format we went with last year:
    - Rank your teams 1 through 10.
    - We will try and follow the USCHO Poll with games counting through Sunday for each weeks new poll.
    - I will average the polls at some point every Tuesday
    - Any votes for DII schools will be included in the consolidated poll as if they were a DIII school.
    - Explanations to your rankings are appreciated but not necessary.
    - Lets try to keep the East vs. West comments to a minimum.
    So start submitting your opinion polls and when we get enough I will consolidate them into our first poll.

Let the voting begin. And good luck to all the teams.
    RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Re: Women's DIII 2009-2010 Fan Opinion Poll

http://d3women.blogspot.com/2009/10/...edictions.html

Looks a little silly with the recent coaches' poll putting RIT up at top, but hey, just gotta hope the coaches know better than anyone who is doing these polls

Comment

I agree. I would have thought that based on the finals the top three would have been:

1. Elmira
      2. Plattsburgh
      3. RIT

RIT hasn't shown anythingso far to justify a firstplace ranking. But, hey, the game is played on the ice, not in "rankings". Should be a fun race. Let the games begin!!

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
        I agree. I would have thought that based on the finals the top three would have been:

1. Elmira
        2. Plattsburgh
        3. RIT

RIT hasn't shown anythingso far to justify a firstplace ranking. But, hey, the game is played on the ice, not in "rankings". Should be a fun race. Let the games begin!!
        Actually I don't find the choices that surprising. All three lost outstanding starting netminders, but in terms of scoring and defense Elmira and Platty both were hit much harder than RIT.

Comment

Ok i'll be the first brave one

1. Elmira
          2. RIT
          3. Amherst
          4. River Falls
          5. Plattsburgh
          6. Adrian
          7. Gustavus
          8. Superior
          9. Middlebury
          10. Neumann
          UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
          NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
          Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

I couldn't find the rankings on USCHO so I checked beyondthedashers this is what they had:

1. Amherst
            2. Middlebury
            3. Elmira
            4. Gustavus Adolphus
            5. Plattsburgh
            6. RIT
            7. UW - River Falls
            8. Manhattanville
            9. St. Thomas
            10. UW - Superior

This is not my assessment. I'll try to get one up soon of what I think.
            RIT

Comment

This is the poll I'll be submitting once they ask the coaches and writers for their D-III Pre-season poll USCHO does.

1.Amherst
              2.RIT
              3.Gustavus Adolphus
              4.Elmira
              5.Plattsburgh
              6.Middlebury
              7.River Falls
              8.Norwich
              9.Superior
              10.Neumann

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
                This is the poll I'll be submitting once they ask the coaches and writers for their D-III Pre-season poll USCHO does.

1.Amherst
                2.RIT
                3.Gustavus Adolphus
                4.Elmira
                5.Plattsburgh
                6.Middlebury
                7.River Falls
                8.Norwich
                9.Superior
                10.Neumann
                Diane Dillon will make you eat that poll!
                Voice of the Lakers, 2007-2009
                Follow me on Twitter
                The VOTL.com
                Chairman Hows Glorious Army

Comment

I did some research on the "top 10" teams I listed below to see what changes were made. Here is what happened in the off season:

Amherst lost 4, who contributed to 24% of their scoring last season

Middlebury lost 4, who contributed to 35% of their scoring last season

Elmira lost 8, who contributed to 33% of their scoring last season, also included was their top goaltender and backup goaltender.

Gustavus Adolphus lost 4, who contributed to 26% of their scoring last season

Plattsburgh lost 5, who contributed to 37% of their scoring last season, also included was their top goaltender.

RIT lost 9 ,who contributed to 33% of their scoring last season, also included was their top and 3rd string goaltender.

UW - River Falls lost 3, who contributed to 3% of their scoring last season, also included was their 3rd string goaltender.

Manhattanville lost 6, who contributed to 29% of their scoring last season, also included was their top goaltender.

St. Thomas lost 5, who contributed to 22% of their scoring last season.

UW - Superior lost 3, who contributed to 9% of their scoring last season, also included was one of their top goaltenders (they had two with very similar stats).
                  RIT

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post
                    I did some research on the "top 10" teams I listed below to see what changes were made. Here is what happened in the off season:

Elmira lost 8, who contributed to 33% of their scoring last season, also included was their top goaltender and backup goaltender.

Plattsburgh lost 5, who contributed to 37% of their scoring last season, also included was their top goaltender.

RIT lost 9 ,who contributed to 33% of their scoring last season, also included was their top and 3rd string goaltender.

UW - River Falls lost 3, who contributed to 3% of their scoring last season, also included was their 3rd string goaltender.

Manhattanville lost 6, who contributed to 29% of their scoring last season, also included was their top goaltender.

UW - Superior lost 3, who contributed to 9% of their scoring last season, also included was one of their top goaltenders (they had two with very similar stats).
                    Nice work.

Comment

I do think that everyone is forgetting about Adrian in all this.

They beat all the big dogs in the west last season...Superior, Stevens Point, Gustavus, swept River Falls.

They are in there third year as a team and I really think they are going to be a force to be reckoned with.
                      UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                        I do think that everyone is forgetting about Adrian in all this.

They beat all the big dogs in the west last season...Superior, Stevens Point, Gustavus, swept River Falls.

They are in there third year as a team and I really think they are going to be a force to be reckoned with.

I agree! They could be huge with the expanded playoff format in the NCHA.

You make it back north or still sunning yourself in AZ?
                        Back from lunch....

Comment

Originally posted by puck bag View Post
                          I agree! They could be huge with the expanded playoff format in the NCHA.

You make it back north or still sunning yourself in AZ?
                          I'm still stuck in hell....cold today though...high of 64 :P
                          UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                            I'm still stuck in hell....cold today though...high of 64 :P
                            Bummer ....... but we are close to recording the wettest October on record - 3/4" short or something like that and it has barely crawled out of the 40's this month. Enjoy 64!
                            Last edited by puck bag; 10-28-2009, 12:40 PM. Reason: left out a word
                            Back from lunch....

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post

To give a little bit of perspective here are there goals per game from last season (Team - Opponent).
                              Amherst: 3.76 - 1.48 (+2.28)
                              Middlebury: 3.93 - 1.96 (+1.97)
                              Elmira: 4.67 - 1.27 (+3.4)
                              Gustavus Adolphus: 3.46 - 0.75 (+2.71)
                              Plattsburgh: 4.21 - 1.21 (+3)
                              RIT: 4.81 - 1.96 (+2.85)
                              UW - River Falls: 3.87 - 1.87 (+2)
                              Manhattanville 4.22 - 1.59 (+2.63)
                              St. Thomas 3.00 - 1.23 (+1.77)
                              UW - Superior 3.33 - 1.81 (+1.52)

If you take away the scorers who aren't on the roster this year it looks like this:
                              Amherst: 2.86 - 1.48 (+1.38)
                              Middlebury: 2.55 - 1.96 (+0.59)
                              Elmira: 3.13 - 1.27 (+1.86)
                              Gustavus Adolphus: 2.56 - 0.75 (+1.81)
                              Plattsburgh: 2.65 - 1.21 (+1.44)
                              RIT: 3.22 - 1.96 (+1.26)
                              UW - River Falls: 3.75 - 1.87 (+1.88)
                              Manhattanville 3.00 - 1.59 (+1.41)
                              St. Thomas 2.34 - 1.23 (+1.11)
                              UW - Superior 3.03 - 1.81 (+1.22)

Obviously this isn't very accurate of what would happen since they have gotten new players, but this could show how strong the returning members of the team are.

A couple other notes:
                              -Elmira has no returning goalies.
                              -Plattsburgh's two returning goalies only played a combined 6 games (307 mins).
                              -RIT's returning goalie played 7 games (342 mins) with a GAA just under 2
                              -Manhattanville's top returning goalie played 9 games (474 mins) with similar stats

So here is what I think:

1: Gustavus Adolphus
                              2: Manhattanville
                              3: Amherst
                              4: RIT
                              5: UW - River Falls
                              6: Plattsburgh
                              7: UW - Superior
                              8: St. Thomas
                              9: Elmira
                              10: Middlebury

Ha, I just looked at this and it made almost no sense. Oh well, we'll just have to wait a few weeks to get a better idea. I also like Norwich, Neumann and Utica, I think they could be in there. I don't really feel like taking any more time to look into it so I basically just moved around who was already on the list.
                              Last edited by Mania; 10-30-2009, 07:44 AM. Reason: Changed Rankings, didn't realize amherst lost their goalie
                              RIT

Comment

Working...
                              X