X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine Recruit Updates: The Search for Spock

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
    you do come across as "the bigger person" in all this, and as "nice guy", but i am not sure why that is important in an anonymous internet forum.
    Probably the same reason you feel the need to come across as an insider who has all the dirt.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by mainescores View Post
      You could be right on the last sentence you put down....what I can't figure and I know alot of people on this post have been to home/away games and WHY?...did this team under-perform the first 11 games....then all of a sudden...like night and day this is a whole different team the last 6 games...more aggressive,one touch passing on the PP...a Team coming back and playing a total Team defense,blocking shots,making the passing lanes tougher to get thru and a in your face team....funny{not really} it happen the last 6 games and the first 11 games we not only didn't see it...but be honest it looked like another stinker of a season with a possible chance of say winning maybe 10 games...missing out in Hockey East playoffs......something happened just a few weeks ago...not at the start of the season.........and before you say,House came back from a injury,change of lines....bringing back the #1 line of last year.....things changed...but it was NOT there when the season started. IMO.
      The goaltending definitely hasn't played any role in the difference between first 11 games and the last six. I think if you're looking for explanations in the difference between the two it starts and ends there.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Maine recruit Mark Anthoine scored a beautiful shorthander in a 3-2 win over league leading Omaha in the USHL tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
          Maine recruit Mark Anthoine scored a beautiful shorthander in a 3-2 win over league leading Omaha in the USHL tonight
          He also had an assist in the game.

Stuart Higgins also scored for Youngstown tonight ending a long scoring drought for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            The goaltending definitely hasn't played any role in the difference between first 11 games and the last six. I think if you're looking for explanations in the difference between the two it starts and ends there.
            The goaltending has been better the last 6 games,but by no means was it solid in the first 11 games...more up & down and iffy...no game stealing guy in the crease..{imo}...I'm not sold on the netminding even with the better play recently....I hope I'm wrong as that is the key to how far this team improves in the 2nd half....what I've seen is a sometime not focused kid in net,plus he does not have that soft body when shots are on him and of late his glove has gotten better but still leaves alot of loose pucks in front of him...that is where the total team defense has helped him out around the net...lets HOPE.

Comment

You could be right on the last sentence you put down....what I can't figure and I know alot of people on this post have been to home/away games and WHY?...did this team under-perform the first 11 games....then all of a sudden...like night and day this is a whole different team the last 6 games...more aggressive,one touch passing on the PP...a Team coming back and playing a total Team defense,blocking shots,making the passing lanes tougher to get thru and a in your face team....funny{not really} it happen the last 6 games and the first 11 games we not only didn't see it...but be honest it looked like another stinker of a season with a possible chance of say winning maybe 10 games...missing out in Hockey East playoffs......something happened just a few weeks ago...not at the start of the season.........and before you say,House came back from a injury,change of lines....bringing back the #1 line of last year.....things changed...but it was NOT there when the season started. IMO.
              I don't think you can say just the last six games, cause they have played well in spots, and have been playing well I think since the stinker at UNH. Didn't always get results, didn't always string a complete sixty minutes together, but they were playing hard and doing a lot of the things that you find commendable. Reuniting House Nyquist and Flynn has seemed to put a spark in the team, but they weren't completely dead in the water before that.

But a lot of things have changed between the team we're seeing now, and the team we saw the last two years, or even the Union series. And I just dont know if you can attribute all that to Whitehead, or what the reason might be. But something's happening.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

The goaltending has been better the last 6 games,but by no means was it solid in the first 11 games...more up & down and iffy...no game stealing guy in the crease..{imo}...I'm not sold on the netminding even with the better play recently....I hope I'm wrong as that is the key to how far this team improves in the 2nd half....what I've seen is a sometime not focused kid in net,plus he does not have that soft body when shots are on him and of late his glove has gotten better but still leaves alot of loose pucks in front of him...that is where the total team defense has helped him out around the net...lets HOPE.
                I'm not sold on the goaltending either. It was the same thing last year except Darling was even better in the first half and then he went to the other extreme the second half. The year before in the USHL he struggled in the second half especially late in the year. Hopefully he continues his strong play in the second half and removes any doubt, but until he does the trend is that he struggles the second half.
                Last edited by Hockeypuck; 12-19-2009, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Anthoine can really stick handle too. Never seen anything like his puck drill where he does a back and forth through puck pylons.

I heard he was thinking that Maine had forgotten about him because he had not heard from them for so long but apparently it's back on.

Comment

Just a fan of hockey, mainly D 1 and juniors. Also have been lucky enough to know a lot of these kids since they were mites, coached many and against most. Arnold, Hegerty, Anthoine being a few
                    Travel enough to have seen several USHL games this year. Anthopine lighting it up, and he is, shows he was ready this year and didnt ned the extra year. In the end it will work out vert well as he will be that much better and have en even more productive carear.

the USHL though is a grind, living in someones basement while not going to school is a long 7 or 8 months for a kid that age. If you tell a kid he can come and recruit as such, they should live up to it. These are kids, not pieces of whiteheads chess board. Not speaking for him as I am sure he is pumped about coming to Maine but the rep Maine has is that they jerk kids around. A rep they have earned and that the kids share. that is why so many kids dont return Maine's phone calls and dont reach out to them
                    Sorry. You'll need to work a little harder to convince me a guy with 0 goals in 24 games would have much of an impact in DI. As for Anthoine's ability, let's see how he fares next year before you claim he is the savior. After a miserable stretch of recruiting failures -- Aquino, Zabcowicz, Marone, Sill, Czuba, Placz, Belmore, Orsini, and others -- it's nice just to have a roster with some consitency. I'll thank Corkum and the Junior Monarchs for that for now. In the future, I'm all for Maine competing with UND, Minnie, Wisconsin, CC and now UNO for the top kids in the USHL. But, I don't think that's realisitic. I'm sorry if Arnold is your kid, but you can find players like that all over the country. The fact that he is in the USHL means nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
                      Sorry. You'll need to work a little harder to convince me a guy with 0 goals in 24 games would have much of an impact in DI. As for Anthoine's ability, let's see how he fares next year before you claim he is the savior. After a miserable stretch of recruiting failures -- Aquino, Zabcowicz, Marone, Sill, Czuba, Placz, Belmore, Orsini, and others -- it's nice just to have a roster with some consitency. I'll thank Corkum and the Junior Monarchs for that for now. In the future, I'm all for Maine competing with UND, Minnie, Wisconsin, CC and now UNO for the top kids in the USHL. But, I don't think that's realisitic. I'm sorry if Arnold is your kid, but you can find players like that all over the country. The fact that he is in the USHL means nothing.
                      I wouldn't put Aquino or Morrone in with recruiting failures, they were dumbasses but both could play
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Captain View Post
                        Careful! Hokydad might also call you a six year old girl. If he does, and you are interested, our support group meets Thursdays at 7. We rotate bringing snacks, can you grab some cookies this week? I realize it's Christmas Eve, but a lot of us are really emotionally scarred and need all the support we can get especially in this holiday season.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                          Careful! Hokydad might also call you a six year old girl. If he does, and you are interested, our support group meets Thursdays at 7. We rotate bringing snacks, can you grab some cookies this week? I realize it's Christmas Eve, but a lot of us are really emotionally scarred and need all the support we can get especially in this holiday season.
                          If the shoe fits wear it.

I am 100% in now way related to either of the 2 kids mentioned above, I am not that transparent. I wouldn't wish that on any kid....

I saw Anthoine again this weekend when they played Omaha and trust me, he was top 2 or 3 F's at worst on the ice and would and will help maine.
                          Scored a GWG shorthanded when they beat them Friday eve,

Omaha is the top team in the league and has the following players on their roster.. Anthoine is a pickup.

Omaha Lancers College commitments
                          Last, First School (Conference, Division)
                          Ambroz, Seth University of Minnesota (WCHA, D1)
                          Brisson, Mathieu Cornell University (ECACHL, D1)
                          Brown, Dennis Western Michigan University (CCHA, D1)
                          Daugherty, Ryan Northern Michigan University (CCHA, D1)
                          Eveland, Dakota Colorado College (WCHA, D1)
                          Hamburg, Anthony Colgate University (ECACHL, D1)
                          Haula, Erik University of Minnesota (WCHA, D1)
                          Holl, Justin University of Minnesota (WCHA, D1)
                          Lapic, Tyler University of Wisconsin (WCHA, D1)
                          Lavin, Joe University of Notre Dame (CCHA, D1)
                          Ludwig, C.J. Northern Michigan University (CCHA, D1)
                          Markison, Colin University of Vermont (Hockey East, D1)
                          Mattson, Danny University of North Dakota (WCHA, D1)
                          Oddo, Nick University of Nebraska-Omaha (CCHA, D1)
                          White, Matt University of Nebraska-Omaha (CCHA, D1)

Also, please stop wuith the Monarchs being a conduit for Maine hockey success. That is a joke

Comment

Also, please stop wuith the Monarchs being a conduit for Maine hockey success. That is a joke
                            Huh?

I'm not sure Maine would be where they are this season without Semansky and Mangene.......definitely 2 of Maine's top 5 players this season.

Comment

Let's be honest. Flynn, Shemansky, and Mangene are all good players, but only Flynn is an elite point per game player. Maine was Maine when they had Canadians and elite national players for the most part with a few New England kids. Until we get back to having the Guites, Laroses, Gustafsons, etc, Maine hockey won't be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                                Huh?

I'm not sure Maine would be where they are this season without Semansky and Mangene.......definitely 2 of Maine's top 5 players this season.
                                Mangene is a top 5 player this year? Not in the games I've seen. He has big upside, very fast, hard working but I can think of 5 more important players for Maine this season
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X