X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Recruit Updates: The Search for Spock

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
    Great........

May he never sniff an NCAA Tourney appearance!

Sincerely,

Bitter Black Bear Fan
    I can't blame him for not coming here.
    When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post

Any goalie should look at Maine, tougher now that Grant is gone but their placement is second to none.

Comment

i think people are getting a little up in the air over this for no reason... aside from his comment about wanting to come east (which didn't happen at all) do we even know if maine was actively trying to recruit him? all this speculation is based on his statements and nothing more...

that said, judging from his stats, he appears to be very talented, and would certainly be a solid DI goalie...

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
          i think people are getting a little up in the air over this for no reason... aside from his comment about wanting to come east (which didn't happen at all) do we even know if maine was actively trying to recruit him? all this speculation is based on his statements and nothing more...

that said, judging from his stats, he appears to be very talented, and would certainly be a solid DI goalie...
          We need a solid DI goalie. Maine probably didn't go after him.
          When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            No agenda what so ever.

just find it strange whena dad has to coach his kid on every single team he is at. If you are there for the team, why always leave when the kid does?
            Is it a good situation for a kid?

If you think for a second that it wont factor in and benefits of the doubt wont be given for lines and playing time you are high.

Whitehead was the head coach then and is the head coach now, another assistant leaving is meaningless.

I hope he comes back from his injury and kicks a**. In my opinion, this is not though an arms length transaction where a Bob Smith from Minnesota is brought in. If that makes maine better, all for it
            You're a dumb***. What you think about Corkum is irrelevant. The guy was a stud at Maine, played over a decade in the NHL and was one of SW's all time favorites. Maine is lucky to have him. I could care less if he's here because of Kelen. And, assuming you were right, his biggest offense would be wanting to coach his kid. Wow. Brutal.

Shouldn't you be lining up your USHL fantasy team or something.

Comment

Wait and see when all is said and done and you tell me if a 4/4 helped maine win a national championship

Comment

Wait and see when all is said and done and you tell me if a 4/4 helped maine win a national championship
                Winning a championship won't be decided by one player's contribution. The team's performance over the next four years won't be based him alone.
                PP34 - BEAT LA

Comment

Originally posted by gusforhobey89 View Post
                  Winning a championship won't be decided by one player's contribution. The team's performance over the next four years won't be based him alone.
                  Unless you are a goaltender...........

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
                    Unless you are a goaltender...........
                    Touche
                    PP34 - BEAT LA

Comment

We need a solid DI goalie.
                      Send Kerluke to Sweden. Maybe we can get one there...
                      You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
                      ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
                      ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
                      ...you hate UNH.

Comment

I am somewhat dubious that he is a 4/4. As you point out his "dad" is a coach, and staff members kids tend to receive free tuition. Now I have zero inside knowledge, so simply speculation on my part, but I'd bet that is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                          I am somewhat dubious that he is a 4/4. As you point out his "dad" is a coach, and staff members kids tend to receive free tuition. Now I have zero inside knowledge, so simply speculation on my part, but I'd bet that is the case.
                          dependents of full-time employees get a 50% tuition waiver. The student pays 100% of their room and board.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                            dependents of full-time employees get a 50% tuition waiver. The student pays 100% of their room and board.
                            Thanks for the clarification, as I said I am not in the "know", and this proves my point that Corkum is likely not receiving the full 4/4 as HockeyDud has stipulated!

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                              Thanks for the clarification, as I said I am not in the "know", and this proves my point that Corkum is likely not receiving the full 4/4 as HockeyDud has stipulated!
                              Seeing that he signed up years before his dad was there, you proved nothing as usual

He accepted a 4/4 when he signed, might have been altered after the fact but your speculation is simply that.

Comment

I believe Tim honored his scholarship. I thought there was something in the paper about it. I also thought he was in school this year but from reading the article it read like he wasn't?? Anyone know for sure?
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X