Where Is Obserbear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Is Obserbear?

Let's get the party started. DIII Women's Hockey. Any predictions?

Re: Where Is Obserbear?

Season predictions? Eh, not willing to pass judgment just yet. Preseason ranking prediction: http://d3women.blogspot.com/2009/10/...edictions.html

I mean, for the season, so many of the top teams lost so much, but a lot of them have senior leadership, with the exception of Plattsburgh who has only three seniors. Hard to pinpoint but maybe the West will get some eyes leaning left because the east is going to be a battle to say the very least.

Comment

Obserbear would predict a break-out season for the Bowdoin College Polar Bears in their sparkling new rink (The Sid)ney Watson Arena by the bay in Brunswick, Me. They added talent at goal, on defense and up front. Nothing like a new rink to perk up a program.

My NESCAC pick is still Amherst until someone in the east shows they can be beat, and Gustavus Adolphus will be toughest overall
      "The great State of Vermont will not apologize for its cheese!"
      -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

I really wanted to put the Polar Bears in at #10 in my poll, but a friend felt that was a tad optimistic. Last season Coach Wilson was able to get her team to play at a higher level than past performances indicated was reasonable to expect; if she has added a couple of snipers (and the two Wild recruits look to be scorers), the Polar Bears may surprise and move back into the top tier of the NESCAC. Sorry to say, but this season's Bowdoin field hockey team may not be playing late into November, and that can only help the Polar Bears get ready to welcome Midd and Williams to the friendly confines of Watson the weekend after Thanksgiving.
        I think Amherst and Midd are still 1-2, but I could see the PB at 3!!!

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
          I really wanted to put the Polar Bears in at #10 in my poll, but a friend felt that was a tad optimistic. Last season Coach Wilson was able to get her team to play at a higher level than past performances indicated was reasonable to expect; if she has added a couple of snipers (and the two Wild recruits look to be scorers), the Polar Bears may surprise and move back into the top tier of the NESCAC. Sorry to say, but this season's Bowdoin field hockey team may not be playing late into November, and that can only help the Polar Bears get ready to welcome Midd and Williams to the friendly confines of Watson the weekend after Thanksgiving.
          I think Amherst and Midd are still 1-2, but I could see the PB at 3!!!
          Well, the Midd kids do pick up a hot scorer for the ice when and if they get done with field hockey (where that frosh is #2 scorer in NESCAC) --
          -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

Today at Amherst in the NESCAC field hockey quarterfinals:
            Bowdoin 3 Amherst 0
            So the Polar Bears avenge an early season loss to Amherst and advance to the conference semis. So much for getting on the ice sooner.

Comment

Today at Amherst in the NESCAC field hockey quarterfinals:
              Bowdoin 3 Amherst 0
              So the Polar Bears avenge an early season loss to Amherst and advance to the conference semis. So much for getting on the ice sooner.
              ...don't they know it's colder outside than inside at this time of year??
              They'll be playing in mukluks in another week --- maybe those Mainers are used to it, but I guess that means that Amherst gets the early season edge that Bowdoin probably needed...oh, well
              Illegitimum non carborundum
              Cartman: Ma'am, the Crack Baby Athletic Association is a storied institution that was founded over twelve days ago.
              Cartman:Should I admit I was wrong, ask for everyone's forgiveness and go back to my original team? Nah, screw that, I'm just gonna keep being a d**k.
              Cartman: Screw you sir, I'm going home.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Kitty View Post
                ...don't they know it's colder outside than inside at this time of year??
                They'll be playing in mukluks in another week --- maybe those Mainers are used to it, but I guess that means that Amherst gets the early season edge that Bowdoin probably needed...oh, well
                I am sure Coach Wilson would appreciate having her three field hockey players (Herter, Calnan and first year goalie Lessard) on ice, but the Amherst quartet (Clegg, Vitale, Malloy and first year McInnis) comprise several key elements of the Lord Jeff squad.

Comment

4 field hockey players- the Junior field hockey goalie Emily Neilson, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by VMars30 View Post
                    4 field hockey players- the Junior field hockey goalie Emily Neilson, as well.
                    My apologies to Ms. Neilson.

Comment

My apologies to Ms. Neilson.
                      ...a **** fine goalie...not that the nat'l champs let anyone get close to her last year --- earning her keep this year
                      -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

Will any of the ice hockey crowd be up in Hartford for the NESCAC field hockey playoffs? I would like to go, but was in Aston last night for RIT@Neumann and an early season hockey fix (great game to start the viewing season) and just can not get away.
                        GO U BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Will any of the ice hockey crowd be up in Hartford for the NESCAC field hockey playoffs? I would like to go, but was in Aston last night for RIT@Neumann and an early season hockey fix (great game to start the viewing season) and just can not get away.
                          GO U BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          0-0 at the half -- Bowdoin @ Trinity
                          just watching it on webcast -- Bowdoin dominating (hard to keep the 3x champs down) -- looks like they want it, but that Trinity goalie is sharp (Dinallo)
                          -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

Originally posted by Phil D. Stands View Post
                            0-0 at the half -- Bowdoin @ Trinity
                            just watching it on webcast -- Bowdoin dominating (hard to keep the 3x champs down) -- looks like they want it, but that Trinity goalie is sharp (Dinallo)
                            and amazingly Trinity wins 2-1 -- Dinallo steals another one for the Bantams. Very tough to take for the Bears b/c they dominated completely and Bantams scored with 8 seconds left in regulation on a transition -- WOW. Possible for Bowdoin to get an NCAA at-large, but with 6 losses unlikely even for the 3time champs (although the committee will no doubt want to give them as much consideration as possible) -- looks like Trinity and Tufts are a lock for NCAA and Amherst and Midd as outside possibilities too
                            -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

Working...
                            X