Bemidji vs UAH - 10/31 & 11/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bemidji vs UAH - 10/31 & 11/1

Bemidji comes off a pretty good weekend in Marquette, Michigan. 3-3 tie and 5-0 blowout.

Huntsville swept by Western Michigan last weekend.

Any predictions or concerns with either teams?

I'm going with a BSU sweep.
    Great moments...are born from great opportunity.
    THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Re: Bemidji vs UAH - 10/31 & 11/1

I'll go with another three point weekend for BSU.

I've read that the BS network broadcast from Huntsville is pretty poor? Can anyone confirm or deny?
    Fear the Green

Comment

I'm going with a BSU sweep...BSU is the highest ranked team in the state!

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
        I'm going with a BSU sweep...BSU is the highest ranked team in the state!
        Sweet. Should be an interesting series down in Mpls in a few weeks.
        Fear the Green

Comment

It would be weird to go into the Gopher series as the ranked team and them being the unranked team.

Comment

The games I have gotten on the B2 from UAH are marginal at best, when the feed works. It looks like they tap into the camera that is used for game film and it is a ways from the ice. Definitely not like watching a game on B2 from the Glas or North Dakota on the Fighting Sioux Network.

What I have found in the past is that Niagara, Robert Morris and UAH seem to use the center ice, game film camera. But then, as far as I know, none of them broadcast / produce their games like BSU does. That, I am sure, makes a huge difference. Maybe this has changed.
            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by true2BSU View Post
              It would be weird to go into the Gopher series as the ranked team and them being the unranked team.
              Still four games to go before that series. Lets worry about those four games, cuz four losses would knock us out of the rankings fast........

Hockey is a long, grinding season, and while it is nice being ranked right now, all that matters is what you are doing come tournament time.
              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by true2BSU View Post
                Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                Still four games to go before that series. Lets worry about those four games, cuz four losses would knock us out of the rankings fast........

Hockey is a long, grinding season, and while it is nice being ranked right now, all that matters is what you are doing come tournament time.
                One year ago at this time (three weeks into the season), BSU was 1-5 and un-ranked. UMinn was 3-0-1 and ranked #5. Look how last year ended up (UMinn missing the NCAA's and BSU in the Frozen Four)...
                Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                ECAC:
                HEA: UMass
                NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Who hates Huntsville?

I'm in-diff-rent!

Go Beavers, if only to strengthen your PWR when MN beats you. I hope. Maybe. Possibly. Aw heck, I'll run with that.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Upper Deck View Post
                    I've read that the BS network broadcast from Huntsville is pretty poor? Can anyone confirm or deny?

It's not great video, most B2's aren't, they'll occasionally give you a glance of the scoreboard, then try to re-focus the camera for the puck drops very quickly. The Play by Play homer truly sucks and knows nothing about what he's doing or hockey in general, so it sounded like anyway. Maybe it wasn't the regular guy I was listening to those games.

This signature sucks!

Follow on twitter: @21stCenturySkiz

Comment

Originally posted by 21st Century Schizoid Man View Post
                      It's not great video, most B2's aren't, they'll occasionally give you a glance of the scoreboard, then try to re-focus the camera for the puck drops very quickly. The Play by Play homer truly sucks and knows nothing about what he's doing or hockey in general, so it sounded like anyway. Maybe it wasn't the regular guy I was listening to those games.
                      Not sure who did it when you listened, but Brett Pollack is the play-by-play man for UAH. He also has done the Huntsville Stars (AA-Brewers) in the past.

His analysis is very much lacking, IMHO.
                      UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                      2006 Time Person of the Year
                      Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                      It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
                        Not sure who did it when you listened, but Brett Pollack is the play-by-play man for UAH. He also has done the Huntsville Stars (AA-Brewers) in the past.

His analysis is very much lacking, IMHO.
                        At least he didn't sound like Niagara's Play by Play homer! That B2 guy sounded like he was having a stroke or heart attack on almost every loose puck near the goal. I thought Rick Jenneret from the Sabers was bad, the Niagara B2 guy was just as annoying.

This signature sucks!

Comment

At least he didn't sound like Niagara's Play by Play homer! That B2 guy sounded like he was having a stroke or heart attack on almost every loose puck near the goal. I thought Rick Jenneret from the Sabers was bad, the Niagara B2 guy was just as annoying.
                          I wonder if they have to whipe slobber off the microphone after the telecast?
                          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                          Eric's Twitter
                          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                            I wonder if they have to whipe slobber off the microphone after the telecast?
                            I would imagine so, there was probably more than "a little ..spittle" on that mic most likely. Best B2 job I've ever heard was Bemidji State's, almost a pro style job. Although the funniest broadcast had to have been Colgate's, they were students and they were bratty as all get out, and I loved the sarcasm.

This signature sucks!

Comment

I would imagine so, there was probably more than "a little ..spittle" on that mic most likely. Best B2 job I've ever heard was Bemidji State's, almost a pro style job. Although the funniest broadcast had to have been Colgate's, they were students and they were bratty as all get out, and I loved the sarcasm.
                              Scott and Monsie do a really good job breaking down a game, I watched their broadcast last year when they played the Sioux and it was awesome.
                              Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                              Eric's Twitter
                              The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Working...
                              X