Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St.Norbert @ UW-Stout: 10/30 - 10/31 - Nothing Scarier Than 'The Dunn Co. Ice Palace'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St.Norbert @ UW-Stout: 10/30 - 10/31 - Nothing Scarier Than 'The Dunn Co. Ice Palace'

I wanted to start this thread nice and early because of the festivities planned so those attending could plan accordingly.

October 30th -
    Tailgating will begin by 4:30 p.m. in the Dunn Co. parking lot with live entertainment and food! $1 hot dogs will be sold hot off the grill, so bring your appetite.

Ranger Rudy and the Swingin' Wingtips will begin playing around 5 p.m.

A unique cast of veteran entertainers performing a variety of "Classic Country", 'Rhythm & Blues" and "50's & 60's Rock and Roll" favorites.

John Lynch, Mike Schlenker, Randy & Todd Sinz & Denny Marion formerly of Big Butt & the Brewmasters, take their considerable life and musical experiences and put them into every song they play. Each has performed professionally with various groups across the US and beyond for more than 25 years.

There will be multiple large bonfires to keep warm.

UW-Stout students, fans, alumni etc. as well as SNC fans are encouraged to come out and chew the rag about hockey prior to the conference opener for both teams.

Bring your folding chairs, blankets and your hunger/thirst. Should be a great time for everyone!

October 31st -
    Those in attendance are encouraged to dress up in their best costume! UW-Stout students will be decked out in all the usual Halloween trimmings as they try to 'FREAK' the Dunn Co. on Saturday night.

I will have more information released about this in the coming days..

As always, check out http://www.stouthockey.com for coverage on the weekend's festivities.
    Last edited by BlueDevilRadio; 10-26-2009, 12:31 PM.
    WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
    NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
    WIAC Championships: 10-11
    NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
    NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Re: St.Norbert @ UW-Stout: 10/30 - 10/31 - Nothing Scarier Than 'The Dunn Co. Ice Palace'

...except for its parking lot on a warm day late in the season.
    “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
    19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Re: St.Norbert @ UW-Stout: 10/30 - 10/31 - Nothing Scarier Than 'The Dunn Co. Ice Palace'

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
      ...except for its parking lot on a warm day late in the season.
      I would like to use your mastery of the English language to name such a sight as our parking lot on a warm Spring day. After 'Pink Fluffy Bunnies' took off, I feel I can't go wrong with you naming the Dunn Co. Ice Palace lot.

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

2 days away and I can't sleep

Comment

Re: St.Norbert @ UW-Stout: 10/30 - 10/31 - Nothing Scarier Than 'The Dunn Co. Ice Pal

Which SNC fans will be making the trip? I think I read that GBHockeygal was making the I29 trip? Anyone else?

Comment

Re: St.Norbert @ UW-Stout: 10/30 - 10/31 - Nothing Scarier Than 'The Dunn Co. Ice Pal

Originally posted by BlueDevilRadio View Post
            Which SNC fans will be making the trip? I think I read that GBHockeygal was making the I29 trip? Anyone else?
            Count on pete99, Mr Popcorn, US Jim, to name a few!!
            SNC Men:
            Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
            SNC Women:
            O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Coach C seemed to indicate in his post-game comments that O'Brien will be getting the start on Friday. Is he the man now for Norbert?

Comment

New Goaltenders Will Face SNC - http://www.stouthockey.com/2009/10/n...t-against-snc/

Comment

So thanks for the costume party - of course Freshman son calls and asks me to "whip him up" a costume to bring over - guess I know what I'll be working on while watching the game Friday night over the internet!
                  It's going to be an interesting series!

Comment

So ah what happened to your assurance that Pischlar is still our guy?

Comment

Originally posted by LonelyStoutFan View Post
                      Give the man a break... BDR can't account for shenanigans.... it's weird to hear it's not going to be Pischlar or even Mike Morgan.

Comment

I'm not shocked that Pisch isn't starting both, but it is a surprising that he isn't starting at least one. I hope he isn't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by LonelyStoutFan View Post
                          He's not hurt. Without getting too detailed, a lot of people here are scratching their heads.

I would have thought Pischlar's work the last two years would have earned him the chance to 'blow it'. It looks like he may not even get that.

But he is rotating two new guys in, I doubt this will be this seasons trend. We'll really know where he stands after a week or two in.

Comment

He's not hurt. Without getting too detailed, a lot of people here are scratching their heads.

I would have thought Pischlar's work the last two years would have earned him the chance to 'blow it'. It looks like he may not even get that.
                            Yeah, I couldn't agree more. Well, hopefully, JP will get a shot next weekend.

Tell him to hang in there. Sometimes life presents opportunities when you least expect it.

Comment

But he is rotating two new guys in, I doubt this will be this seasons trend. We'll really know where he stands after a week or two in.
                              Maybe this is just to screw with the fan base !!! Probably no truth to this rotating crap cause it most often doesn't work ... look at the mess SNC had in net last season. Mind games will screw everything up !

Comment

Working...
                              X