Vermont @ Maine 10-30 Game 1 :

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vermont @ Maine 10-30 Game 1 :

Well, logically a black bear should beat a catamount, but given the hibernation of these black bears and the stinging loss suffered by the cats at MC I think UVM wakes up and takes this game 4-2.

Thoughts?
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Re: Vermont @ Maine 10-30 Game 1 :

Long bus ride to Orono. But unlike MC, a great venue to play in with good crowds and good student support from the Black Bear faithful. It should be an easier game for UVM to not have any excuses for poor, uninspired play.

Just looked at Maine's YTD results and with only 1 win in 6 games, it seems like Maine will be glad their poor October results will be in the rear view mirror after this game...
    Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

Comment

Lots of chatter on the Maine thread about coaching, Grant Standbrook, goalies, various players. etc.

Too bad that the Maine faithful can't seem to get any headway with the coaching issue. Unfortunately, you are not alone. Other program's fans seem to have issues too. There are only 58 of these guys coaching at the D1 level and names like Whitehead, Lucia, Kyle, Jutting, Army keep coming up as being less than efficient at there jobs.
      Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        Well, logically a black bear should beat a catamount, but given the hibernation of these black bears and the stinging loss suffered by the cats at MC I think UVM wakes up and takes this game 4-2.

Thoughts?
        It would be hilarious to see what would happen on if Maine actually won this game? Stay of execution for TIMMAY!!!?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          It would be hilarious to see what would happen on if Maine actually won this game? Stay of execution for TIMMAY!!!?
          Just for a point of reference PC has won 4 games this year and Maine has won 4 of their last 29 dating back to last December. Going to take a lot more wins than one on Friday to get that idiot a stay of execution.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
            Just for a point of reference PC has won 4 games this year and Maine has won 4 of their last 29 dating back to last December. Going to take a lot more wins than one on Friday to get that idiot a stay of execution.
            Which idiot?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Which idiot?
              Your idiot looks like a superstar compared to the one in Orono.

Comment

Vermont 5 Maine 1 Final

Comment

I think this will be a good game. It is a gut check game for UVM. Are they a top ten team that took the night off last Friday or are they are decent team that took advantage of young Denver and BC squads and got some bounces?

They arguably should have been 3-0-0 going into MC last weekend. I think the ranking went to their head but a good team finds a way to win even when they play poorly - or when their opponent plays above their own ability. Last Friday UVM did not step up in any way, shape or form. They had a few of those games last year but never two in a row. This game will say a lot about UVM.

I expect Maine to be on a mission at home.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                    I think this will be a good game. It is a gut check game for UVM. Are they a top ten team that took the night off last Friday or are they are decent team that took advantage of young Denver and BC squads and got some bounces?

They arguably should have been 3-0-0 going into MC last weekend. I think the ranking went to their head but a good team finds a way to win even when they play poorly - or when their opponent plays above their own ability. Last Friday UVM did not step up in any way, shape or form. They had a few of those games last year but never two in a row. This game will say a lot about UVM.

I expect Maine to be on a mission at home.
                    The OLD Maine teams use to be on a mission...home or away...but until there is a change behind the bench....then the MISSION/Maine is a after thought.....plus your Vermont team has a solid man behind the bench...he has the vision where this team is headed....they got the taste in the Frozen 4 and now they know what there goal is...winning.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post

Thoughts?
                      You will get atleast four if not more.

Comment

First, highly unlikely Maine pulls out a win.
                        Second, its going to take an act of God for the stay of execution.

Comment

Vermont 6 Maine 3.

Comment

If Vermont sticks to their game, it will be a long night for Maine. However, with solid goaltending on Maine's part, anything can happen.
                            Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Concern that I have is that UVM has a tendency to play to the level of the opponent.

I am hopeful that they dictate the game and that the defense plays solid. Another hopeful sign - stay out of the BOX.

I believe the score will be close - 4-3.
                              Watching UVM hockey from afar.....

Comment

Working...
                              X