Minn. State @ Denver. Halloween weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minn. State @ Denver. Halloween weekend

Let's be thankful this series is not in the "house of horrors" on Halloween weekend. Remember what happened last year
    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
    Tom Serratore

Re: Minn. State @ Denver. Halloween weekend

Do you think there will be any purple cow costumes at Magness for Halloween?
    GO DU !!!

Comment

This is homecoming and parent's weekend. Gwoz said most of the player's parents will be there this weekend and that an on-ice ceremony will occur between the 1st and 2nd periods of Saturday's game.

TV this weekend Friday FSN Rocky Mountain and FCS Central at 7:30 MT. None on Saturday. Videocast on Saturday at 7PM MT on Pioneer Vision at www.denverpioneers.com (pay).
      Last edited by du78; 10-26-2009, 12:46 PM.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Anybody know off the top of their head if FS-Rocky Mountain will broadcast either (or both) of the games this weekend? I'll probably go look it up later, but figured that question was as good as any comment to get my checkmark in this thread

My first hope for the Mavs this weekend is PIM under 60 minutes total. Anything else positive (e.g. a PP goal would be nice) will be bonus.
        Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
        Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Originally posted by redheadzeb View Post
          Anybody know off the top of their head if FS-Rocky Mountain will broadcast either (or both) of the games this weekend? I'll probably go look it up later, but figured that question was as good as any comment to get my checkmark in this thread

My first hope for the Mavs this weekend is PIM under 60 minutes total. Anything else positive (e.g. a PP goal would be nice) will be bonus.
          I just posted the TV and video in the post below yours.
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
            I just posted the TV and video in the post below yours.
            Thanks!
            Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
            Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Anyone know the status of big Joe?
              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
              Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                Anyone know the status of big Joe?
                Day to day or week to week. Expect it to be a game time decision and if he's not 100%, he won't play.

I thought DU would miss him more against the Gophers. Clearly, I was wrong.

Comment

Time to "brand" the maveicks, s11.

What if Chevy has another shutout on Friday?
                  Would you let him play Sat. to keep his shutout minutes streak keep growing?
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

We once had a purple cow on the Island, but one of the Missing Links ate it.

Comment

Mavericks fan here who lives in Denver--looking for 2 tickets for Friday's game and 1 for Saturday's game.

Shoot me an PM if you have tickets you want to unload.

Saturday, I'll be wearing my costume (The Dude) but Friday will be sporting Mavs gear.

Comment

Originally posted by retrorunner View Post
                        Mavericks fan here who lives in Denver--looking for 2 tickets for Friday's game and 1 for Saturday's game.

Shoot me an PM if you have tickets you want to unload.

Saturday, I'll be wearing my costume (The Dude) but Friday will be sporting Mavs gear.
                        Should be tickets available since they've been advertising all week. Alumni sometimes donate tickets back it so the school can resell them. Call the Magness ticket office.

Comment

Let's see, how can I put this. It should be an "interesting" weekend.
                          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                            Time to "brand" the maveicks, s11.

What if Chevy has another shutout on Friday?
                            Would you let him play Sat. to keep his shutout minutes streak keep growing?
                            YES. If he keeps playing this well, I wouldn't take him out unless he's tired or hurt. We need to rack up some wins while the goalie is hot. Murray will probably get a start in the next 2-3 series, but now isn't the time, unless Chevy implodes on Friday.

It would be pretty amazing if Chevy got another shutout, though that seems pretty unlikely. I'm torn about the shut out minutes record--it would be cool if he broke it, but Manno was one of my favorite players ever at DU. So I guess I'll be OK either way!

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                              YES. If he keeps playing this well, I wouldn't take him out unless he's tired or hurt. We need to rack up some wins while the goalie is hot. Murray will probably get a start in the next 2-3 series, but now isn't the time, unless Chevy implodes on Friday.

It would be pretty amazing if Chevy got another shutout, though that seems pretty unlikely. I'm torn about the shut out minutes record--it would be cool if he broke it, but Manno was one of my favorite players ever at DU. So I guess I'll be OK either way!
                              Here we go again.

Unless Chevy gets a shutout, I expect Murray to start. Double or nothing Sat. night?
                              Last edited by dggoddard; 10-27-2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X