Lack of TV Coverage...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of TV Coverage...

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed the lack of television coverage this year. Last year I got a digital cable package for the first time so I could fill my weekend with college hockey (Fox College Sports, ESPNU, etc.). I check collegehockeylive.com pretty regulary. There is a noticeable difference in the amount of games covered. I have yet to see a CCHA game scheduled. Not many Hockey East games have been broadcast either. What gives?

Re: Lack of TV Coverage...

Originally posted by Loveallcollegehockey View Post
    I was wondering if anyone else had noticed the lack of television coverage this year. Last year I got a digital cable package for the first time so I could fill my weekend with college hockey (Fox College Sports, ESPNU, etc.). I check collegehockeylive.com pretty regulary. There is a noticeable difference in the amount of games covered. I have yet to see a CCHA game scheduled. Not many Hockey East games have been broadcast either. What gives?
    Michigan played Niagra this past week(If you mean conference games, there have only been two games so far). I've had a good number of games (I think) on so far this year. I have nothing to compare the number to, though. I've also seen Vermont and BU play this year. The CCHA doesn't pick up its normal TV coverage until December or so. The Fox College Sports channels show all UND home games and usually pick up another game per weekend, which this past weekend was Minnesota/Denver, before that UW/CC.
    Embrace the hate.

Comment

I've noticed a dip in coverage as well.
      I get all the FCS channels, ESPNU, etc, and I remember last year flipping back and forth between games each Fri/Sat night. There were 2 or 3 on each night.
      This year it seems like there is only 1 or 2 shown the whole weekend.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
        I've noticed a dip in coverage as well.
        I get all the FCS channels, ESPNU, etc, and I remember last year flipping back and forth between games each Fri/Sat night. There were 2 or 3 on each night.
        This year it seems like there is only 1 or 2 shown the whole weekend.
        Really thinking back, the coverage started after college football season. At first, I was mad, too, but now I'm less mad, because I followed the dollar (and my memory).
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Loveallcollegehockey View Post
          The television weirdos can't stand the lack of their orange round thing coverage.

Comment

The NHL Network is showing games on Friday nights again. Their site doesn't have a master schedule up yet as they are saying they are still working on it. Their on-line schedule shows WMU @ MSU at 7PM ET on 10/30 and Miami @ Michigan at 7:30 PM ET on 11/6.
            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

ESPNU's schedule does seem reduced. And CBS College Sports -- they're pretty much finished showing college hockey, no?

You can still get a good number of Minnesota and Denver games on the dish, plus the NHL Network also. If you don't have a dish or digital cable which picks up those channels, you're definitely going to feel the effects it seems of reduced coverage.

Comment

Working...
              X