Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU at Lowell, Lowell at BU 10/30-31

Originally posted by HawksSk860 View Post
    I don't think "just another weekend" for BU means that this series is insignificant for them, but relative to how HUGE this series is for UML (I would say the biggest early regular season series in at least a decade), it's rather run-of-the-mill.
    Yeah, that's what I meant.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I don't think "just another weekend" for BU means that this series is insignificant for them, but relative to how HUGE this series is for UML (I would say the biggest early regular season series in at least a decade), it's rather run-of-the-mill.
      I think what might be a better way to put it is the psyche of UML would suffer way more at the hands of a BU sweep, than viceversa.
      Boston University Hockey
      1971 1972 1978 1995 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown6 View Post
        I think what might be a better way to put it is the psyche of UML would suffer way more at the hands of a BU sweep, than viceversa.
        I still disagree. This BU team is still very young and inexperience as a whole and every game from now until a few weeks into the season is formative. We have a whole lot of kinks to iron out in our offense and our defense needs to get back to familiar form. A sweep by UML would do to us the same thing a sweep by us would do the UML: pose a significant hurdle in the morale of a team of players that is expected to do well and finish high.

That being said, I have to think that BU is the underdog coming into this weekend. UML has a core that has been playing together for years, with a few proven performers (Hutton/Hamilton, Edwards) that can control and change a game with a few plays. BU still has to find those players. We've seen flashes of it, but that needs to become a constant.
        GO BU! がんばろうTERRIERS

Comment

Originally posted by BUtiful View Post
          I still disagree. This BU team is still very young and inexperience as a whole and every game from now until a few weeks into the season is formative. We have a whole lot of kinks to iron out in our offense and our defense needs to get back to familiar form. A sweep by UML would do to us the same thing a sweep by us would do the UML: pose a significant hurdle in the morale of a team of players that is expected to do well and finish high.

That being said, I have to think that BU is the underdog coming into this weekend. UML has a core that has been playing together for years, with a few proven performers (Hutton/Hamilton, Edwards) that can control and change a game with a few plays. BU still has to find those players. We've seen flashes of it, but that needs to become a constant.
          I also disagree. I think a sweep would hurt BU much more than Lowell. Lowell would fall to 3-3 (1-2)- not good, but still respectable. BU would fall to 1-4 (0-3)- very bad. I think both teams would have to be happy with a split here.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            I also disagree. I think a sweep would hurt BU much more than Lowell.
            I know you'll be surprised, but I'm willing to live with that.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I would agree with that, if Lowell were to sweep this weekend from BU it would likely go down as one of their biggest weekends in recent memory and be a marketing tool for the rest of the year, if BU were to sweep...not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                I would agree with that, if Lowell were to sweep this weekend from BU it would likely go down as one of their biggest weekends in recent memory and be a marketing tool for the rest of the year, if BU were to sweep...not so much.
                Also true. So, in sum, Lowell has more to gain by sweeping, but BU has more to lose by being swept.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                  Also true. So, in sum, Lowell has more to gain by sweeping, but BU has more to lose by being swept.
                  And two ties would pretty much suck for everyone!

Comment

So if BU loses this once or twice weekend, will we see a fire Jack Parker thread?

I mean, BU is under .500, and Parker hasn't led them to a National Championship in over six months. That's approaching Umile levels of futility.

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
                      So if BU loses this once or twice weekend, will we see a fire Jack Parker thread?

I mean, BU is under .500, and Parker hasn't led them to a National Championship in over six months. That's approaching Umile levels of futility.
                      5 year rule. Can't biatch about the team or call for the coach's head for the next 5 years after a championship....

I expect Lowell to win the first game, act like they've avenged their rightful defeat in last year's HE championship as they tried to score an illegal goal (you can't score when the net's off it moorings, even if it comes back down on them), and then be so drained from their 1 year in arrears championship win that they in turn take the next game off and lose. UML 4-1, then BU 3-2.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        you can't score when the net's off it moorings, even if it comes back down on them
                        actually they invented the "Jack Parker Rule" just for that seeming eventuality (at least when BU plays). This was at least a few seasons prior to this fiasco.
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          actually they invented the "Jack Parker Rule" just for that seeming eventuality (at least when BU plays). This was at least a few seasons prior to this fiasco.
                          Aren't there already like 47 "Jack Parker Rules"? That's what I've been led to believe by every HE poster not from BU.

Comment

Saw Bunyon at one of my kid's games. Direct quote, "You guys got screwed..." I was kinda surprised he was that blatant.

On the other hand- we got way more favorable national coverage for that one moment than we ever would have if the goal had actually counted. It made it thru a news cycle and into the next. No telling what would have happened even if the goal did count. All things happen for a reason. New season now.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              Saw Bunyon at one of my kid's games. Direct quote, "You guys got screwed..." I was kinda surprised he was that blatant.
                              maybe you should have brought up to him that he was the one that did it and demanded a formal apology.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                He must have been talking about your kid's game then.
                                Boston University 2009 Champs
                                Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Working...
                                X