Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU at Lowell, Lowell at BU 10/30-31

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
    ....what i'd like to see is a replay of the no-goal. i've seen nothing but conflicting reports.
    benny ( ) called that immediately. he was right behind the guy and could see him direct it into the net due to the large moving body parts..

and i agree... i'd like y'all to get a replay board too. jumbletrons all around!!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
      Lowell played really well tonight - that's definitely an NCAA tournament team right there, and I fully expect them to walk into Agganis tomorrow night and play their asses off.
      It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow night. BU has to be feeling pretty good after tonight. That's six in a row for BU against Lowell, many of them have been close, but BU just seems to find a way.

Comment

what i'd like to see is a replay of the no-goal. i've seen nothing but conflicting reports.
        i didnt see the no goal play, but my friend said he could see the puck go off the lowell guys skate and that guy subsequently did not celebrate the goal. that plus benedetto immediately waved it off emphatically so discern what you want from there.

and there's a difference between ticky-tack plays that could be construed as penalties in OT by definition of the rules, and ones that are blatant and can't be ignored. if you let that go you set a precedent that guys can dive after players with the puck to stop them. Lowell got away with crap all night, BU was offside a bunch of times and they didn't call it - this isn't a soapbox game.
        time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
          For the most part, the student section was good but I wish they'd remember that they represent the school as much as the team on the ice and the fans in the stands. We really are better than 'F U ' I know some people were putting cheer sheets on the seats down there tonight. I hope those sheets include (if not now, then next week) things NOT to say.

We do not want, nor can we afford, to alienate families and groups with that.
          Yeah, you guys should lose that cheer. And the "BU sucks/Sucks to BU"...well, I can assure you nobody from BU even notices.

However, I thought you guys were loud and had a lot of energy. As boring as your cheers might be, at least your section YELLS the cheers. BU student section has become complacent and programmed, sorry to say. Too many BU students just mumble the cheers and half-azz whatever motions are supposed to accompany the cheer.
          Go BU!

Comment

what about the obvious trip that led to that breakout? what about the numerous other penalties that should have, by the rules, been called against either team in OT and late in the third. prior penalties (even those that went against BU) not withstanding, if the whistles are away, they're away.

and say what you want it was pretty obviously a penalty, dehner got puck first, and you obviously didn't see that clearly from where you were sitting.

what i'd like to see is a replay of the no-goal. i've seen nothing but conflicting reports.
            Who did that deflect off? From where I was sitting in Section A (Row 17) the Lowell player didn't even know the puck deflected off his leg. How that was called a no goal is beyond me.

Carter really killed us with that weak goal he gave up early in the 3rd. He made some great saves tonight but that was just soft.

The tripping call in OT? IMO that was BS.
            Let's go Lowell.

Comment

and say what you want it was pretty obviously a penalty, dehner got puck first, and you obviously didn't see that clearly from where you were sitting.
              I wasn't at the game, but I can tell you that there is absolutely no "puck first" clause in college hockey for the tripping/hooking rules. If you haul a player down with your stick, even if you were going for the puck and managed to get the puck first, it's still a trip. That's the rule in college hockey.
              Boston University 2009 Champs
              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                benny ( ) called that immediately.
                which is why i'm suspicious, obviously.

edit: yes, i'm aware. i'm saying his recounting of the play misrepresents reality.
                vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Comment

the ot trip was almost as eggregious as the JVR hook in manchester last year - the guys arms and stick were fully extended. as CC said, it's irrelevant if he got puck first.
                  time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                    Who did that deflect off? From where I was sitting in Section A (Row 17) the Lowell player didn't even know the puck deflected off his leg. How that was called a no goal is beyond me.

Carter really killed us with that weak goal he gave up early in the 3rd. He made some great saves tonight but that was just soft.

The tripping call in OT? IMO that was BS.
                    I was in X. Right on top of it. If the rule is that the player has to direct the puck in intentionally I think it was blown. If the rule is no intention then it was right. I would agree with what people are saying- the offsides this evening were...um interesting. Erratic and unpredictable calls- let stuff go and then- oops, maybe not.

asked before-anyone have any idea what the deal with the faceoff was. No one seemed to know that I asked.

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                      I wasn't at the game, but I can tell you that there is absolutely no "puck first" clause in college hockey for the tripping/hooking rules. If you haul a player down with your stick, even if you were going for the puck and managed to get the puck first, it's still a trip. That's the rule in college hockey.
                      That's my understanding of the rule in college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        I was in X. Right on top of it. If the rule is that the player has to direct the puck in intentionally I think it was blown. If the rule is no intention then it was right. I would agree with what people are saying- the offsides this evening were...um interesting. Erratic and unpredictable calls- let stuff go and then- oops, maybe not.

asked before-anyone have any idea what the deal with the faceoff was. No one seemed to know that I asked.
                        How may times did Lowell get kicked out of a faceoff or words were spoken? It was ridiculous.

The offside calls were beyond erratic. They called one on Lowell with about 2 or 3 minutes left in regulation that wasn't even close to being offsides.

It was a great game with a great atmosphere. Too bad Lowell came up short in the end.

The poster with about 1 second left was crazy. If that went in it would have brought the house down.
                        Let's go Lowell.

Comment

This is the part of the rule that applies to kicking/directing:

6-18-a

"A goal shall not be allowed if the puck has been kicked or directed into
                          the goal off an attacking player’s skate. When in doubt, the goal shall be
                          disallowed. A goal shall be allowed if a puck deflects off an attacking player
                          who is in the act of stopping. When administering this rule, the puck must
                          initially be legally propelled by a stick."

Thus, if it was directed in (not really clarified as to intent), or if there was any doubt, it should be disallowed.
                          Boston University 2009 Champs
                          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Nope, but something we're doing is annoying the linesmen; it happened in the Colgate game as well. 90% of the tosses were against us but I really never saw anything that would warrant that much disparity. I don't think it's the same linesman, either.
                            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Benedetto is horrible. My feelings are that the lowell player made a good play on the puck. They should have let the play continue.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                                the ot trip was almost as eggregious as the JVR hook in manchester last year - the guys arms and stick were fully extended. as CC said, it's irrelevant if he got puck first.
                                My problem with the trip call was that the refs had put the whistles away. The 4th goal for BU occurred after a horrendous non-call against BU in their defensive zone when they dragged a UML player to the ground. No call, boom goal. Whatever, they put the whistles away.

The penalty in OT was predicated on another SLEW of non-calls in the BU defense end. Lowell controlled the puck down low and fought through numerous hooks, holdings and trips. Whatever, whistles are away.

THEN they call the penalty on Lowell. It went against the entire flow of what the officials had been calling for the previous 15 min.

Regardless of Benedetto's second screwing of Lowell, we're not going to win games giving up ridiculous odd man rushes, short handed goals or that awfully weak goal Hutton gave up.

Lowell needs to cut out the stupid mistakes and earn a split tomorrow night.
                                Lowell Forever
                                Forever Lowell

Comment

Working...
                                X