X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2009-2010 Season Thread

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    So do you think Dunn is the 2nd best goalie in the league then?
    And yes 1-2-1 is a small sample size, all I'm saying is I, me, I don't trust him to get it done until he shows he can be a consistent starter for multiple games in a row, that's all.
    And why are you afraid Rioux'll say screw it?
    Do we really need Rioux if he hasn't played all year?
    It's not like he's going to transfer anywhere at this point and I highly doubt any pro team signs him if he can't even get a game here, so if he leaves is it really that big a deal?
    I'd say Dunn is 2nd or 3rd. Now, a lot of that has to do with the competition in net this year. Hell, a few years back, he wouldn't have been in the top 5, but this is the weakest the WCHA goalies have been in a while. Not saying that some couldn't grow into dominant goalies, but I thought Hjelle, Robinson, Murdock (got THAT one wrong), Kangas and Bennett all would've been better than they've been this year.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I would rather our hook up be a coach in the USHL instead of the BCHL.
      SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
        I knew that.
        Beer me?
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          Beer me?
          Are you talking dirty to me?
          Bob is making me concerned
          I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
            Are you talking dirty to me?
            No?
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

anyone ordered a game on the B2 network. how is the quality? I want to order it but 7 bucks is kinda steep.

Comment

What a ugly game tonight! Tech is about as dirty of a team as I have seen this year. I thought they were trying to get away from that? Tech needs a goalie big time. The Hsukies got lucky tonight with two soft goals and a ton of power plays. I guess in the end a win is a win....
                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by yuppa12 View Post
                  anyone ordered a game on the B2 network. how is the quality? I want to order it but 7 bucks is kinda steep.
                  You get the Charter TV fees on B2. It is studetn run so it is not top notch, but better than most.
                  I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                    What a ugly game tonight! Tech is about as dirty of a team as I have seen this year. I thought they were trying to get away from that? Tech needs a goalie big time. The Hsukies got lucky tonight with two soft goals and a ton of power plays. I guess in the end a win is a win....
                    Two soft goals that they scored on or two soft goals Dunn let in? From your post I would assume Tech let in two softies. From listening on the radio Lyons said a number of times that St. Cloud wasn't doing much of anything on the ice. Didn't seem to be a ton of flow with all the penalties. Since it was their guys taking them I'm fine with it. Either way, a win is a win and gets us two more pts in the conference. Will be interesting to see if Motzko goes to Lee tomorrow or sticks with Dunn.

Comment

It's already been implied by Motzko that Lee will play tomorrow. Reading the descriptions it seems the first goal Dunn gave up was soft. Good thing Tech's PK is good and terrible.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                        Two soft goals that they scored on or two soft goals Dunn let in? From your post I would assume Tech let in two softies. From listening on the radio Lyons said a number of times that St. Cloud wasn't doing much of anything on the ice. Didn't seem to be a ton of flow with all the penalties. Since it was their guys taking them I'm fine with it. Either way, a win is a win and gets us two more pts in the conference. Will be interesting to see if Motzko goes to Lee tomorrow or sticks with Dunn.
                        I didn't see Dunn's first one but the second goal he let in wasn't his fault; he made 2 good saves and the D was no where to be found and they got the goal on shot #3
                        Originally posted by Mankato student
                        Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                        "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                        -- Peter Klein

Comment

Quoteables

"We have no choice but to hold ourselves to a high standard the rest of the way," said Gaudet, who has never appeared in a postseason game and would like to make the most of his last chance.
                          "Sure, we won 4-2 and it's nice to have the points. But I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we could've played better. At the end, there, we have to battle for Dunn. Myself included. There was a rebound there and they scored on it. In a big game, that's something that will kill us."

"We had way too many turnovers and I didn't like our antics there at the end," SCSU coach Bob Motzko said, referring to a roughing penalty by Garrett Roe at 18:59 of the third that led to a shoving match at center ice — sending Jon Ammerman and two MTU players off with 10-minute misconducts. "We looked like a rinky-dink team in the last minute of play. That was all our mistake." "We had a couple of defensemen who played very well. I thought Oliver Lauridsen had his best game as a Husky and (captain Garrett Raboin) is playing much better. That was a bright spot. We did some good things with our forwards, but not enough."

"We didn't have a killer instinct," said Motzko, whose team nonetheless outshot MTU 35-23. "We had a couple of moments, but not enough. We played well in spurts, but then we got disinterested. That's when we got in trouble."

"I think it was a good game, but we turned the puck over too many times and when we got up in the third we weren't sticking to our systems and weren't playing as hard or smart," Mosey said. "I think that's why (Motzko) is so fired up."

"I think we are turning a corner and this will be a good challenge for us to see how mature of a team we are going down the stretch," said Gaudet, who was on ice for both MTU goals. "We have won a couple of games lately. But we didn't play so well tonight and we squeaked out with a win. We're either going to realize that and know that we have to play better or you can just leave the rink thinking 'Oh, great. We won 4-2,' and be happy. I think it's up to us how we take it from here on out."

Huskies notebook
                          Mike Lee, who won a gold medal with Team USA at the World Junior Championship earlier this week, will be honored during the first intermission of today's 5:07 p.m. rematch — which Motzko said Lee will start in goal.
                          Huskies recruit Joey Benik, who is a senior forward at St. Francis High School, has chosen to play junior hockey next season for former SCSU assistant Fred Harbinson and the Penticton Vees of the British Columbia Junior Hockey League. That means there likely will be three future Huskies playing for Harbinson next season: Benik, who previously broke Jared Festler's Minnesota prep record for goals in a season, and forwards Garrett Milan and Joey Holka.

"If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Quoteables

"We have no choice but to hold ourselves to a high standard the rest of the way," said Gaudet, who has never appeared in a postseason game and would like to make the most of his last chance.
                            "Sure, we won 4-2 and it's nice to have the points. But I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we could've played better. At the end, there, we have to battle for Dunn. Myself included. There was a rebound there and they scored on it. In a big game, that's something that will kill us."

"We had way too many turnovers and I didn't like our antics there at the end," SCSU coach Bob Motzko said, referring to a roughing penalty by Garrett Roe at 18:59 of the third that led to a shoving match at center ice — sending Jon Ammerman and two MTU players off with 10-minute misconducts. "We looked like a rinky-dink team in the last minute of play. That was all our mistake." "We had a couple of defensemen who played very well. I thought Oliver Lauridsen had his best game as a Husky and (captain Garrett Raboin) is playing much better. That was a bright spot. We did some good things with our forwards, but not enough."

"We didn't have a killer instinct," said Motzko, whose team nonetheless outshot MTU 35-23. "We had a couple of moments, but not enough. We played well in spurts, but then we got disinterested. That's when we got in trouble."

"I think it was a good game, but we turned the puck over too many times and when we got up in the third we weren't sticking to our systems and weren't playing as hard or smart," Mosey said. "I think that's why (Motzko) is so fired up."

"I think we are turning a corner and this will be a good challenge for us to see how mature of a team we are going down the stretch," said Gaudet, who was on ice for both MTU goals. "We have won a couple of games lately. But we didn't play so well tonight and we squeaked out with a win. We're either going to realize that and know that we have to play better or you can just leave the rink thinking 'Oh, great. We won 4-2,' and be happy. I think it's up to us how we take it from here on out."

Huskies notebook
                            Mike Lee, who won a gold medal with Team USA at the World Junior Championship earlier this week, will be honored during the first intermission of today's 5:07 p.m. rematch — which Motzko said Lee will start in goal.
                            Huskies recruit Joey Benik, who is a senior forward at St. Francis High School, has chosen to play junior hockey next season for former SCSU assistant Fred Harbinson and the Penticton Vees of the British Columbia Junior Hockey League. That means there likely will be three future Huskies playing for Harbinson next season: Benik, who previously broke Jared Festler's Minnesota prep record for goals in a season, and forwards Garrett Milan and Joey Holka.

I'd skate everybody. That seemed to work!

Comment

Originally posted by wild77 View Post
                              I'd skate everybody. That seemed to work!

Seriously, get over yourself when it comes to Motzko.
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Seriously, get over yourself when it comes to Motzko.
                                Seriously, get over YOURSELF as the defender of anything that someone criticises regarding either the team or the coaches. They supposedly had one of their toughest practices ever, in which everyone did, and should, participate, and they come out and play like that against Tech? You've got players once again saying in the press that they need to do better? Really?
                                NO SH1T!!! Quit freaking saying it and do it. Tell me FTLT how the saturday game against Brown and this game against Tech should give those of us who dare question this program any reason to believe this is a team who is going to turn a corner and start to show up with the DU's,and CC's, and UMD's, and UW's, and UND's in the top of the standing's this year, let alone with the BSU's and UNO's who show up next year? What, Motzko is going to become a savant in that time?

Comment

Working...
                                X