This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2009-2010 Season Thread

Is the Motzko show actually going to be on time today or are the flunky's at KNSI going to screw it up again?
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Motzko mentions some guys may not may the trip due to injury, don't be surprised if one of them is Dunn.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        Motzko mentions some guys may not may the trip due to injury, don't be surprised if one of them is Dunn.
        Did Bob mention Dunn by name or is this speculation?

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
          Did Bob mention Dunn by name or is this speculation?
          He mentioned no one by name, but reading the game quotes from Dunn, he got racked pretty good and with the description and the comments, he could have twisted a knee, not easy to come back from in a couple days if you're a goalie.

Dunn nearly had his big night derailed due to an injury scare with 14:28 remaining in the third period. Dunn's left leg appeared to bend awkwardly after defenseman Oliver Lauridsen and a Denver player toppled into him but, after writhing on the ice for several minutes, the 6-foot-5 goalie remained in the game to complete the victory.

"The guys played unbelievable, knocking off some of those few mistakes in front of our own net," Dunn said. "I was only thinking, 'Am I going to be able to stay in after this (injury)?'
          "I had a choice whether I would stick it and battle it out and deal with it later, or if I had to get out of there. I'm happy I stayed in."
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Balls
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
              Balls

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                Good call FTLT. I just posted this in the UAA thread, but I thought I'd post it here as well.

Team leaves early Wednesday and Dunn will not be making the trip.

Also, Hepp skated in a no contact jersey today and said he "hurts all over". He should be good to go on Friday, however. Since I just stole all of this information from my man KA, I suggest you head over to sctimes.com to read more.

Comment

Hardy is #2 goalie in Anchorage this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                    Is the Motzko show actually going to be on time today or are the flunky's at KNSI going to screw it up again?
                    Flunky's strike again, forcing the station owner to bring the equipment for radio show. Heads are gonna roll. Don was not happy. But, as we know, time will no longer tell---we'll have to wait and see.
                    Bob is making me concerned
                    I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                      Hardy is #2 goalie in Anchorage this weekend!
                      Technically yes, but Hardy won't see ice unless Lee gets a leg chopped off by a skate or gives up 8... and we're still within 2
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        Technically yes, but Hardy won't see ice unless Lee gets a leg chopped off by a skate or gives up 8... and we're still within 2
                        How did hardy do in the one period he played? I would like to see him play, especially in a more (dare i say) competative, meaningful game. He was a walk on right? That would be huge for him and make a statement that walk-ons can be there and have a reason to be there. It also gives those kids that don't get a scholarship confidence that they can make it. Yeah they may be scholarship athletes but they also can get complacent. Those walk on challengers can just make it that much more competitive. A good example, Nebraska Cornhuskers football. The best walk on program in the country (minus the 2002-2007 seasons when the walk on program was axed). Go Big Red!
                        I survived the SCSU E. Coli scare of 2005.

Inventor of the "Mine!" chant.

Signs, Signs every game there's signs:
                        I ♥ Lamp!!
                        Got Nodl?
                        Bow down to Bobby!
                        Ooooohhhh! Not just Spanish for rice!

Comment

Originally posted by Icedavis View Post
                          How did hardy do in the one period he played? I would like to see him play, especially in a more (dare i say) competative, meaningful game. He was a walk on right? That would be huge for him and make a statement that walk-ons can be there and have a reason to be there. It also gives those kids that don't get a scholarship confidence that they can make it. Yeah they may be scholarship athletes but they also can get complacent. Those walk on challengers can just make it that much more competitive. A good example, Nebraska Cornhuskers football. The best walk on program in the country (minus the 2002-2007 seasons when the walk on program was axed). Go Big Red!
                          Hardy was offered scholarships by some schools our east but he wanted to play here.
                          Originally posted by Mankato student
                          Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                          "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                          -- Peter Klein

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
                            Hardy was offered scholarships by some schools our east but he wanted to play here.
                            How's that going for him?

Comment

Joey Benik had 4 goals and an assist tonight during a good old fashion BEAT DOWN on Coon Rapids.

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
                                How's that going for him?
                                Well I dont think he really had an expectation of playing for us knowing Lee was committed, and we had Weslosky and Dunn.
                                Originally posted by Mankato student
                                Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                                "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                                -- Peter Klein

Comment

Working...
                                X