Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska Anchorage @ Minnesota 10/30/09-11/1/09

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    The delayed broadcast had the most important stat of all. 1934 is now meaningless cause the 09-10 club has become the worst scoring Gopher team of all time after 4 games.

EDIT: Attendance for Sunday's game will be non-existent as the Vikes-Pack play at the same time. As it is I will likely DVR it and watch it after the football game.
    Just wondering what the atmosphere was like last weekend for the Gophers. I watched it on TV and the crowd seemed pretty dead. Lucia commented that it's hard to get the support of the crowd when you don't score. Just curious if the 9800 fans there were all sitting on their hands?

The Sully is dead when UAA has a bad game, but I assumed that large attendances like UM would still be rowdy, am I wrong?
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Just wondering what the atmosphere was like last weekend for the Gophers. I watched it on TV and the crowd seemed pretty dead. Lucia commented that it's hard to get the support of the crowd when you don't score. Just curious if the 9800 fans there were all sitting on their hands?

The Sully is dead when UAA has a bad game, but I assumed that large attendances like UM would still be rowdy, am I wrong?
      There has been some changes made to what the band can and cannot do leading cheers and that has affected the atmosphere from what I've heard. We even have stupid piped in music now even with the band which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. I expect it will be a sparser crowd on Sunday due to the start time and the Vikes Pack. If the Gophers score it will get rowdy, if they don't score this coming weekend the boo-birds may come out.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Just a note: "The Trap" is not a dirty word, nor a crime.

If a team plays the trap, then just admit it. It's not like fans will send you into exile like a leper.
        Trap = zzzzz

I'd rather watch paint dry.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

My panties are just fine, and I was just answering a question.
          That's what she said.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

The boo birds were out on Saturday night. They started vocalizing their un-approval during the third or fourth "power" play.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              The boo birds were out on Saturday night. They started vocalizing their un-approval during the third or fourth "power" play.
              It'll only get worse from here. They have to go on the road to Wisconsin after this weekend so even if they sweep Anchorage the best record they'll have is 2-5-1 and they may not score in Madison.

If Anchorage gives them fits or sweeps them you could be looking at a 0-7-1 record.

That happens then teams that lose to the Gophers will start getting depressed.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

UAA was much more aggressive in their win, good forchecking as well as backchecking. Talafous loved to play the trap, and it was BORING. Last nights game was in no way boring. It was fast paced and exciting.

I know most saw it differently, but I didn't think UAA stepped up much from Friday to Saturday. I thought they played pretty well on Friday, battling and hitting all night, but the Sioux just played outstanding the first night and got a few bounces. The lopsided score was somewhat decieving. I thought both games were fast paced and exciting, regardless of what the refs tried to about that.

This UAA team is the biggest and meanest I've seen in the league in a few years. Minny better have extra ice bags in the locker room.

Comment

the 09-10 club has become the worst scoring Gopher team of all time after 4 games.
                  The Seawolves will do their best to help you extend your record setting pace for the record books.
                  They will hit you hard and often, if given the opportunity they will storm in on offence and create confusion in the blue ice. Don’t get down on the Seawolves because keep in mind they were just picked to finish 9th. The stars are all lined up for the gophers extending the streak……right on course
                  Get a home series over Halloween and the coach pulls some strings so the team still gets to go trick or treating during prime hours 6pm -10 pm.
                  Tons of keg parties all weekend long
                  Get 45 hours of ice therapy sandwiched between beat downs.
                  Also thinking better not become a bug on the windshield to often as have a short week to heal before the bus trip to Madison.
                  How lucky can you get, I am so happy for you.
                  Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

It'll only get worse from here. They have to go on the road to Wisconsin after this weekend so even if they sweep Anchorage the best record they'll have is 2-5-1 and they may not score in Madison.

If Anchorage gives them fits or sweeps them you could be looking at a 0-7-1 record.

That happens then teams that lose to the Gophers will start getting depressed.
                    We're already planning Eidsness' demise for giving up 3 to Minnesota.

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    Maybe UND should make Gothberg accelerate. That way he can come in at Christmas and we can throw Eids in the Red.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                      The Seawolves will do their best to help you extend your record setting pace for the record books.
                      They will hit you hard and often, if given the opportunity they will storm in on offence and create confusion in the blue ice. Don’t get down on the Seawolves because keep in mind they were just picked to finish 9th. The stars are all lined up for the gophers extending the streak……right on course
                      Get a home series over Halloween and the coach pulls some strings so the team still gets to go trick or treating during prime hours 6pm -10 pm.
                      Tons of keg parties all weekend long
                      Get 45 hours of ice therapy sandwiched between beat downs.
                      Also thinking better not become a bug on the windshield to often as have a short week to heal before the bus trip to Madison.
                      How lucky can you get, I am so happy for you.
                      I have no doubt Anchorage is big and strong and blocks a lot of shots. That being said from what I have read the reason UND lost Saturday is because they didn't skate. The Gophers certainly could take that approach like they did in game one but my guess is after being embarrassed like they have been they'll decide to move around a little bit.

Comment

I have no doubt Anchorage is big and strong and blocks a lot of shots. That being said from what I have read the reason UND lost Saturday is because they didn't skate. The Gophers certainly could take that approach like they did in game one but my guess is after being embarrassed like they have been they'll decide to move around a little bit.
                        UND skated, but UAA had better passing, were not flat footed and got good goal tending. I would not say that UND didn't skate. But the Wolves won more of the small battles.

Seawolves, don't let up, don't let the win against UND go to your heads, play hard gritty hockey just like you did on Saturday night. WIN. EVERY. SHIFT.
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

UND skated OK on Saturday but there was a bit of a drop-off from Friday, when they were flying. I think Suze picked up on the real difference -- passing. On Friday night the tic-tac-toe passing was there and they won more battles along the board. Saturday night it seemed like every pass was just a bit out of reach and the started losing those battles. I was particularly disappointed to see Kristo stand around and give up scoring chances by not backchecking well.

Comment

Originally posted by uofminneandy View Post
                            The big question is who will score for Minnesota? I have almost finished cleaning out my vomit bucket from the past two weekends and me thinks at least I got the vomit in the bucket!! Guys, please get some of the shots on net, the scoring chances seem to imcrease when the shot hits the target!! Is this the weekend the real Jorden Schroeder shows up, is this the weeked Hoffel gets his shots on the net?, only time will tell......................

Please o Please someone, anyone just score.
                            The Canucks have to be happy with Schroeder's decision. Next thing we find out he left for the CHL.
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

After Friday night's game against UND, UAA left the ice in disgust. The taste of winning the Saturday evening game against UND was pretty sweet. You could tell that after the game. Now that UAA has experienced it, especially after the coaches playing assignments during the third period of Friday night's game, they are believers. They know what they need to do to win as they displayed on Saturday evening. Clark was awsome. As a team they just need to answer the question: Is worth it? I think they will conclude the answer against Minnesota is a definite YES. The difference in the way they played on the two different nights this past week end was pretty significant. If they provide their best effort, UAA will win two this week end.

Comment

refs - hate them/love them, although sue was flatfooted compared to friday and got beatup in the corners.

Friday: 0-8 vs 3-8 : 1 5min major vs 2 5min major - 0 5x3 vs 2 5x3 pp.
                                Saturday: 1-5 vs 0-4 : I don't think we had 5min major or 5x3

I'm thinking sweep. Maybe gophers are bad as the record indicates and we sweep or we don't match up very well and we get swept.
                                I remember last year gophers had an offensive minded D corps who jumped into the play too much but we never could take advantage of that str/weakness.

Lets sweep them and make them weep. so we don't hear a peep outta them.
                                Go Seawolves *howl* x 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X