Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU vs. Miami

Originally posted by Wildpantswilly View Post
    I like how you consistently say you support the team and then pull this kind of garbage assessment. It's one thing to think there needs to be a coaching change, it's an entirely different thing to be rooting against the team just for the sake of being "right".

Talking rights revoked.....
    Okay, let me get this straight. I give my prediction against one of the top 5 teams in the nation and because I think that we won't win, I am now rooting against them??!?!?!

You are ridiculous...
    TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
      Okay, let me get this straight. I give my prediction against one of the top 5 teams in the nation and because I think that we won't win, I am now rooting against them??!?!?!

You are ridiculous...
      and BSU was #15 in the nation.. but we should have clobbered them

Comment

Originally posted by DETBrass27 View Post
        and BSU was #15 in the nation.. but we should have clobbered them
        Yes. Yes we should have. At the very least we should have won Friday's game. Saturday was absolutely abysmal! We should never lose to a CHA team! When did we become LSSU?
        TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Being a CHA team aside.. they were #15 in the nation.. quit your whining. Aside from Saturday, yes they did play well and should have won the game on friday, however, a defensive breakdown in the last seconds and a great offensive play by BSU made the difference. That's hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
            My use of "to" was correct. There is no need for an adverb.
            Actually it wasn't. The post should have read, "You're not too bright". It's a common mistake, so don't sweat it.

Comment

Originally posted by DETBrass27 View Post
              Being a CHA team aside.. they were #15 in the nation.. quit your whining. Aside from Saturday, yes they did play well and should have won the game on friday, however, a defensive breakdown in the last seconds and a great offensive play by BSU made the difference. That's hockey.
              Rankings don't matter, they're just the opinion of different media people. I'm not even totally sure who gets the votes, but I can tell you that probably aren't people we would think of as experts.

In all honesty, there was no reason that NMU shouldn't have gotten at least one win last weekend. At least it was in non-conference play at the start of the season. If you are going to have one or two hiccups in the season that is the best place to have them - lets just hope there aren't many more.

Comment

Any word on who will be in net, and who may or may not have the flu this weekend?
                Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
                M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

Originally posted by Kujo/NMU Hockey View Post
                  OK, tonight should be interesting tonight. The Cats are capable of playing Miami. Playing NMU Hockey, coming out on all cylinders, play PHYSICAL NMU HOCKEY, and control the puck.

LETS Go Cats!!!!
                  Agreed. The Miami series is usually one of those where anything can happen, but I have a good feeling about this one!

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                  Well that's just not fair. It's game day for you already and the rest of us have to wait a few more hours.
                  Yeah, but the game will be tomorrow for him.
                  By the way, Kujo, thank you and keep save over there!
                  Always a Wildcat...
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUWildcatfan View Post
                    Rankings don't matter, they're just the opinion of different media people. I'm not even totally sure who gets the votes, but I can tell you that probably aren't people we would think of as experts.

In all honesty, there was no reason that NMU shouldn't have gotten at least one win last weekend. At least it was in non-conference play at the start of the season. If you are going to have one or two hiccups in the season that is the best place to have them - lets just hope there aren't many more.
                    What are you, daft? Do you seriously think rankings don't matter? Rankings matter A TON! They matter because they give you a gauge on which to measure the competition you are playing. If you are going to sit around and make ignorant statements like "rankings don't matter", you are going to end up straight in the "NMU Mediocrity Hall of Shame"

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
                      What are you, daft? Do you seriously think rankings don't matter? Rankings matter A TON! They matter because they give you a gauge on which to measure the competition you are playing. If you are going to sit around and make ignorant statements like "rankings don't matter", you are going to end up straight in the "NMU Mediocrity Hall of Shame"
                      I don't know why I'd get a spot in your stupid "Hall of Shame." I haven't voiced any opinion on the coaching staff or the future of the program, so I don't think you have a beef with me. I'd rather talk hockey than squabble mid-season about the coaching staff. As far as mediocrity, if you look up above, you'll notice that I said that there was no reason NMU shouldn't have taken at least one game from BSU. I'd probably (and others too) agree with you more if you weren't such a freaking drama queen every time you post.

Comment

The only rankings that matter are the March versions of the Pairwise rankings. Other than that, they mean nothing.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          The only rankings that matter are the March versions of the Pairwise rankings. Other than that, they mean nothing.
                          For the first time in history, I agree with you.
                          TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            Rankings do matter. If you think that it isn't in NMUs mind this weekend that they are playing a top team, you are an idiot. Rankings matter because they provide a measuring stick for a team.

Sure, the only ones that "matter" in a literal sense is the pairwise at the end of the season, but don't think for a second that players dont pay attention to weekly rankings.

Comment

Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
                                Rankings do matter. If you think that it isn't in NMUs mind this weekend that they are playing a top team, you are an idiot. Rankings matter because they provide a measuring stick for a team.

Sure, the only ones that "matter" in a literal sense is the pairwise at the end of the season, but don't think for a second that players dont pay attention to weekly rankings.
                                This from a guy who just 3 weeks ago was running his mouth about what Northern Michigan was going to do to the rest of the GLIAC this year over on D2F.com.
                                Last edited by bigmrg74; 10-30-2009, 11:53 AM.
                                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Working...
                                X