NMU vs. Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NMU vs. Miami

The one who refers to others as lemmings decries insults.....hmmm....
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      The one who refers to others as lemmings decries insults.....hmmm....
      How is being a lemming insulting? Most of you love the fact that you blindly follow Walt and never question him? If he was in a larger market he be getting grilled by the press every day and the fans would be calling for his head!!! But no, we can't do that. Marquette is quaint little community in the UP and no one has the balls to do it. Imagine if the Northwind of the Mining Journal actually called him out. I would love to write that piece.
      TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
        How is being a lemming insulting? Most of you love the fact that you blindly follow Walt and never question him? If he was in a larger market he be getting grilled by the press every day and the fans would be calling for his head!!! But no, we can't do that. Marquette is quaint little community in the UP and no one has the balls to do it. Imagine if the Northwind of the Mining Journal actually called him out. I would love to write that piece.
        Or maybe people aren't calling him out because he has a winning coaching record, and makes an otherwise Division 2 school competitive in a Division 1 sport year in and year out with one of the smallest budgets in the sport, while the WMU's and LSSU's of the sport change coaches every few years and never improve.
        Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
        M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

Being equated with small rodents not insulting? Blindly following? Please. Just because someone differs with your opinion doesn't make them "blind."
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            Being equated with small rodents not insulting? Blindly following? Please. Just because someone differs with your opinion doesn't make them "blind."
            I know I would find being equated to the Rodents insulting. They've only scored 3 goals all year!!
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildpantswilly View Post
              Or maybe people aren't calling him out because he has a winning coaching record, and makes an otherwise Division 2 school competitive in a Division 1 sport year in and year out with one of the smallest budgets in the sport, while the WMU's and LSSU's of the sport change coaches every few years and never improve.
              Your entire post is utterly worthless because of this comment. Congrats.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Wildpantswilly View Post
                Really, how many times in the last few years have LSSU and WMU switched coaches. I didn't look it up, but I think Culhane is in his 11th or 12th year at WMU and LSSU's coach has been their for 5 years now. We wouldn't want to let those inconvenient facts get in the way of our support for Walt though, would we?

Also, I don't think anyone is advocating moving to a system where we get a new head coach every three-four years. Walt has had more than enough time to shape the program in his vision, and its clear that we are going to get average to slightly above average teams who will finish 3rd at the Joe but miss the NCAA. What I am advocating is taking a gamble, hiring a new coach and giving him a 5-6 year period to try and make this team into a true winner.

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
                  Really, how many times in the last few years have LSSU and WMU switched coaches. I didn't look it up, but I think Culhane is in his 11th or 12th year at WMU and LSSU's coach has been their for 5 years now. We wouldn't want to let those inconvenient facts get in the way of our support for Walt though, would we?

Also, I don't think anyone is advocating moving to a system where we get a new head coach every three-four years. Walt has had more than enough time to shape the program in his vision, and its clear that we are going to get average to slightly above average teams who will finish 3rd at the Joe but miss the NCAA. What I am advocating is taking a gamble, hiring a new coach and giving him a 5-6 year period to try and make this team into a true winner.
                  Why so with one of the fine coaches you suggested we can be worse than we are now and suck for 5-6 years and NEVER make it to the Joe or the NCAA Tourney? If anyone is looking for a person with an ego bigger than Rico Blasi's look no further than BWK.
                  Bored kids+matches+vacant school= this http://dakleinbushteacher.shutterfly.com/438

Head half shaven for a week=Free
                  NMU Vs. BGSU Tickets=Free
                  Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8
                  Shaving your head everytime Sigalet lets in a WILDCAT goal and having MOJO chant HALF-A-MULLET=Priceless

"Pat Bateman will eat your f*ing babies!!!"

05-06 A NEW GENERATION OF PUCKHEADS

Farmer JO official get away driver of Bell-Gate 05`

Comment

Originally posted by dankthetank View Post
                    Why so with one of the fine coaches you suggested we can be worse than we are now and suck for 5-6 years and NEVER make it to the Joe or the NCAA Tourney? If anyone is looking for a person with an ego bigger than Rico Blasi's look no further than BWK.
                    Do you have any evidence that we would be worse with a new coach? Have their been no positive coaching changes at a NCAA hockey program? This is the same lie we are fed over and over: Walt is the best we can do. That is simply not true, and I would rather take a gamble on a new coach than sit back and accept 6th place CCHA regular season finishes and consolation game wins at the Joe. I want an NCAA tournament appearance and I want an NCAA Championship.

Comment

Do you have any evidence that we would be worse with a new coach? Have their been no positive coaching changes at a NCAA hockey program? This is the same lie we are fed over and over: Walt is the best we can do. That is simply not true, and I would rather take a gamble on a new coach than sit back and accept 6th place CCHA regular season finishes and consolation game wins at the Joe. I want an NCAA tournament appearance and I want an NCAA Championship.
                      Do YOU have any EVIDENCE that we would be better with a new coach? This is the same lie we are fed over and over: Walt is the worst we can do. That simply is not true, and I would rather take a gamble on NOT hiring an inexperienced coach with no recruiting connections, and continue to be a competitive team that usually finishes better than 6th place in the CCHA regular season, wins the consolation game at the Joe, and is always on the cusp of making the NCAA tournament. I want an NCAA tournament appearance and I want an NCAA Championship, but I'm not willing to destroy our chances at either of those and completely destroy our recruiting pools to take a gamble on one of your pipe dream pee-wee hockey coaches.
                      Bored kids+matches+vacant school= this http://dakleinbushteacher.shutterfly.com/438

Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8
                      Shaving your head everytime Sigalet lets in a WILDCAT goal and having MOJO chant HALF-A-MULLET=Priceless

Comment

Originally posted by dankthetank View Post
                        Do YOU have any EVIDENCE that we would be better with a new coach? This is the same lie we are fed over and over: Walt is the worst we can do. That simply is not true, and I would rather take a gamble on NOT hiring an inexperienced coach with no recruiting connections, and continue to be a competitive team that usually finishes better than 6th place in the CCHA regular season, wins the consolation game at the Joe, and is always on the cusp of making the NCAA tournament. I want an NCAA tournament appearance and I want an NCAA Championship, but I'm not willing to destroy our chances at either of those and completely destroy our recruiting pools to take a gamble on one of your pipe dream pee-wee hockey coaches.
                        My top three candidates I would want for the position are
                        Osiecki - Wisconsin
                        Bonnett - Colorado College
                        Pyle - Gwinnett

I hardly would call any of those school's pee-wee league. Its not like that guy last year who suggested hiring a high school coach from Grand Rapids.

Comment

My top three candidates I would want for the position are
                          Osiecki - Wisconsin
                          Bonnett - Colorado College
                          Pyle - Gwinnett

I hardly would call any of those school's pee-wee league. Its not like that guy last year who suggested hiring a high school coach from Grand Rapids.
                          Ok so I change pee-wee to coaches that already have jobs that they would never leave to take the head coaching job at Northern. I mean if we're going to have a pipe dream list I want Don Cherry.

Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8

Comment

Hopefully Miami's downfall to MSU on Saturday means good things for the 'Cats.

And on that note, I hope MSU sucks again this year
                            sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
                            streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
                            TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeybando View Post

Oh wouldn't that be cute then there could be a Fire Walt Kyle thread AND a Fire Rick Comley thread!

Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8

Comment

Originally posted by hockeybando View Post

Boy this is kind of sad to be 3 weeks into the season and having this many negative posts on a guy who has a pretty good track record of turning things around.

I digress, I wouldn't say Miami had a downfall last weekend. Sparty is for real and they had a good game plan. Friday Miami got frustrated, got good goaltending and found a way to win like good teams do. On saturday Knapp got hung out to dry on all three goals and MSU capitalized on some defensive mistakes. Palmisano played remarkable and is the reason sparty won. Miami turned it out and dominated the third period, tied it up and forced OT.

I am catiously optimistic that Miami's trip to UNH two weeks ago will help them on the big ice up north. Miami has tremendous team speed and the trap on the bigger ice won't work against them, UNH tried it and gave up 11 goals.

I expect a competitive series, but Miami is better than they were last year. And even though there are a lot of hater here, be patient. Walt is a good coach, they don't pick scrubs to coach the US-U20 team at world juniors. You will be in the hunt at the end of the year and thats all you can ask for.
                                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Working...
                                X