X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State 2009-10 Regular Season Thread

Originally posted by JMD9 View Post
    With the warmer weather we've been having lately? It might be doable...
    35 degrees doesn't make really that much of an impact on heating bills

40's and 50's though..YES PLEASE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
      35 degrees doesn't make really that much of an impact on heating bills

40's and 50's though..YES PLEASE!!
      it was 55 driving into work saturday morning.... its since cooled down a bit... but still....
      If WNYO provides the "Voice of the Lakers" does that mean I'm the "Face of the Lakers?"

WTOP Sports Director & PxP 2009-2010

Comment

it was 55 driving into work saturday morning.... its since cooled down a bit... but still....
        Never got even close to that warm up here...40 at best.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Hey Joe...

do you just refer to Plattsburgh has Flattsburgh all the time or do you actually think that's their team name

I know its Plattsburgh , i just like to say Flattsburgh
          I'm rocking the suburbs

Comment

Hmmm... Never got to 40 all the way down here in Fulton. Where'd you run into that hot air?
            Oswego State 1980 Grad
            (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Ranger View Post
              Shameful plug - I posted a YouTube movie last night for our upcoming rivalry game versus the Cardinals. Ideally to entertain the hockeyfan masses on Facebook eventually @ Oswego (don't have an account right now ), but please stop by and check it out in your spare time if you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPX4nghJQIE
              Nice video, and I can't wait to get up there from New York for that game.

I do have a question to the Laker Community - there have been 3 "Whiteout" games against Plattsburgh in the new barn. Oswego has not won any of them. Don't we think the Sports Gods are telling us something?? Perhaps a change in karma is in order??? Someone wanna quickly switch that to a "Green-Out" instead?

Just sayin'...
              MJBeckman
              Oswego '93
              Great Lakers Hockey - WNYO, WTOP, Oswegonian
              1991-1993
              2007 D-III NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

Comment

It's the hockey gods' punishment for leaving a classic old barn like Romney.
                R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by mjbeckman View Post
                  Nice video, and I can't wait to get up there from New York for that game.

I do have a question to the Laker Community - there have been 3 "Whiteout" games against Plattsburgh in the new barn. Oswego has not won any of them. Don't we think the Sports Gods are telling us something?? Perhaps a change in karma is in order??? Someone wanna quickly switch that to a "Green-Out" instead?

Just sayin'...
                  The administration and Gosek came up with the Whiteout idea with the move from Romney in order to phase out the bagel throwing. If the Lakers go 0-4 this year, I agree it's time to pitch the Whiteout. I doubt the administration would lead that charge tho because it fosters so much "good clean old-fashioned unity" around campus.
                  Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
                  08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
                  2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

I will probe with the administrative goddess...Not too late to publicize bringing a green shirt in case we are down going into period 3...make the switch on the spot and hope for some wardrobe malfunctions.....
                    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by nysportsfan29 View Post
                      The administration and Gosek came up with the Whiteout idea with the move from Romney in order to phase out the bagel throwing. If the Lakers go 0-4 this year, I agree it's time to pitch the Whiteout. I doubt the administration would lead that charge tho because it fosters so much "good clean old-fashioned unity" around campus.
                      Hey, I'm all for old fashioned unity, but I am also a strong believer in the Sports Gods giving you messages. Hell, they pushed three Nate Kaeding kinks wide against the jets this week, I am thinking of doing anything possible to appease them for this Sunday - wearing garlic on my neck, throwing salt over the shoulder, anything to help us out Sunday in Indy.

A color switch could do the Woodshed section some good for the Platty game.

I do like the idea of a mid-game color switch - as LakerEagleLover said, a few wardrobe malfunctions would be good.
                      MJBeckman
                      Oswego '93
                      Great Lakers Hockey - WNYO, WTOP, Oswegonian
                      1991-1993
                      2007 D-III NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nysportsfan29 View Post
                        Clean, old fashioned, and a stale, colorless selection of tone - how typically bland for a game where officials and admin want polite applause and no mean calls. I stood in line for the game once at the head (like getting there @ 5:15 ) just to have an athletic official waste 5 minutes of his breath to 30 of us on how we were being too rowdy and vulgar . I agree completely - rebel against the "whiteout" and turn it to something else if the Lakers lose again.

PSU fans have a T-shirt group coming with their "Red Army" - I would suggest a theme of "Better Dead Than Red" (too violent sounding?), or a miracle on ice theme perhaps?
                        "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                        this is for you."
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Ranger View Post
                          Clean, old fashioned, and a stale, colorless selection of tone - how typically bland for a game where officials and admin want polite applause and no mean calls. I stood in line for the game once at the head (like getting there @ 5:15 ) just to have an athletic official waste 5 minutes of his breath to 30 of us on how we were being too rowdy and vulgar . I agree completely - rebel against the "whiteout" and turn it to something else if the Lakers lose again.

PSU fans have a T-shirt group coming with their "Red Army" - I would suggest a theme of "Better Dead Than Red" (too violent sounding?), or a miracle on ice theme perhaps?
                          If I was still at school I'd be all for the better dead than red idea. Very nice and I don't think its too vulgar.

Puck Flattsburgh on the front and then I'd rather be dead than red on the back.

Gahh...I miss school.
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                            It's the hockey gods' punishment for leaving a classic old barn like Romney.

can we go back to Romney and the OLD Stafford??? PLEASE????!!!!!????
                            Jim Reisdorf
                            Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LoudHorns31 View Post
                              can we go back to Romney and the OLD Stafford??? PLEASE????!!!!!????

On the plus side, Plattsburgh had a few losses in Romney, whereas ....
                              Larry Normandin
                              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                                On the plus side, Plattsburgh had a few losses in Romney, whereas ....
                                I'll take a few losses any day to go back to the old days...
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X