Michigan State at Miami 10/23-24 -- On The Road Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan State at Miami 10/23-24 -- On The Road Again

Really good hockey game tonight highlighted by some great goaltending on both sides. Props to MSU for that PP goal, rarely does the Miami PK get picked apart like that. Really looking forward to the second game tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by broomball View Post
      What happened with the 10 minute misconduct on Miami? I only have the game on gametracker.
      From what I understand, Cannone was dinged for holding, and, following the penalty, he decided to reveal his thoughts about the call to one of the on-ice officials.

And obviously, the on-ice official didn't like that too much.
      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

And while we're on the subject of penalties...

To my Spartans: STOP FACEWASHING! YOU'RE GOING TO GET DINGED FOR THAT S*** EVERY ****IN' TIME THIS SEASON!

That is all.
        66 - 86 - 07
        59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

The first facewashing led to the fateful 5-on-3, did it not?

This moral victory kinda sucked. MSU dodged a lot of bullets and in the end didn't get enough chances. Miami's too good not to make them pay in the end. I was hoping for overtime, at least.
          Last edited by owslachief; 10-23-2009, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
            The first facewashing led to the fateful 5-on-3, did it not?
            Yep.

Grumble.
            66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen22266 View Post
              Ouch. Good luck on exams!
              Thank you very much. Pretty good game tonight boys. Go out and win another tomorrow.
              2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Mini game recap and other musings now posted at Jackets Required.

http://bit.ly/V6ltC
                http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

MSU did a nice job of keeping Miami to the outside, not letting them get it to the net too much in the first two periods, and definitely not giving Miami's forwards much room to dangle with it. Compared to the SCSU game, Miami had much less room. MSU looked good to me. It was a little sloppy, especially passing, at times, but MU got it to the net more in the third and had some chances--one finally paid off. Miami had some puck luck on the gamewinner, but there were some other rebounds that missed MU sticks. Goaltenders both played well, IMO. So far, I like what I've seen from Reichard this year. I'm a little uneasy about Knapp tonight after last weekend. I just don't see Miami getting a lot of goals against MSU. We'll see. Lively crowd last night. Don't know what it will be like tonight with that bicentennial thing going on.

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                    MSU did a nice job of keeping Miami to the outside, not letting them get it to the net too much in the first two periods, and definitely not giving Miami's forwards much room to dangle with it. Compared to the SCSU game, Miami had much less room. MSU looked good to me. It was a little sloppy, especially passing, at times, but MU got it to the net more in the third and had some chances--one finally paid off. Miami had some puck luck on the gamewinner, but there were some other rebounds that missed MU sticks. Goaltenders both played well, IMO. So far, I like what I've seen from Reichard this year. I'm a little uneasy about Knapp tonight after last weekend. I just don't see Miami getting a lot of goals against MSU. We'll see. Lively crowd last night. Don't know what it will be like tonight with that bicentennial thing going on.
                    It sounded to me like MSU had some good opportunities, and top 4 wings got themselves in good position to shoot, but they didn't get good puckluck either. Couple times Gazely or Tropp had good looks but the puck hopped off or over their sticks.

But Miami rallied in the last couple minutes of 2nd period and State good too few opportunities in the third. Credit the RedHawks for clamping down from that point on. We didn't get past their blue line with quality possessions in that last period. Seemed like I repeatedly heard LoVerde covering the backend well everytime we chipped it in, or Miele was backchecking and intercepting.

I was satisfied with how we seemed to match Miami's level of play, but at the moment, MU's got a few more playmakers than we do. It's comforting to know that we have the potential to be a bit more crisp - especially on the road. But MSU's got to get it into their heads - like A.A.P. says - that putting your hand to an opponents facemask means an automatic two minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                      It sounded to me like MSU had some good opportunities, and top 4 wings got themselves in good position to shoot, but they didn't get good puckluck either. Couple times Gazely or Tropp had good looks but the puck hopped off or over their sticks.

But Miami rallied in the last couple minutes of 2nd period and State good too few opportunities in the third. Credit the RedHawks for clamping down from that point on. We didn't get past their blue line with quality possessions in that last period. Seemed like I repeatedly heard LoVerde covering the backend well everytime we chipped it in, or Miele was backchecking and intercepting.

I was satisfied with how we seemed to match Miami's level of play, but at the moment, MU's got a few more playmakers than we do. It's comforting to know that we have the potential to be a bit more crisp - especially on the road. But MSU's got to get it into their heads - like A.A.P. says - that putting your hand to an opponents facemask means an automatic two minutes.
                      I think MSU showed what I expected. They have speed and talent. They are buying into Comley's system and I think is the reason why they played Miami tough. When you give up some ability the coach can make things a little closer. Now when this talent on MSU matures a little more and add Comley into the mix that is when you win titles like they did a few years back.

In the end, Cody Reichard was the difference he made a couple big saves to keep Miami in it, including a penalty shot and two breakaways. I expect another good one tonight and will be in the building for this one.
                      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

I believe tonight's game is on Comcast TV ch 900
                        Go Green- 2007 NATIONAL CHAMPS - Go White!

Comment

Another good game tonight. Gritty effort by Miami to rally in the 3rd, but that was a heck of an OT tally by I believe Forfar? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, congrats to Jarod Palmer on becoming Miami's newest member of the 100 point club. Well deserved by a good guy.

Comment

Well i am in ultra disappointed mode after our football team grabbed defeat out of the jaws of what would have been the biggest victory in years just now so i will n ot say much but i am very pleased to see that we pulled this one out. Looks like we were outworked a little bit but hey, 3 points.
                            Last edited by Pirateasaurus; 10-24-2009, 09:52 PM.

Comment

I will admit that I was too wrapped up in the football game to focus on hockey tonight, but this is a great win. Giving up the 2 goal lead after 2 is a little concerning, but given the opponent I am extremely satisfied with the end result.

I think these teams will both represent the CCHA well this season.
                              MICHIGAN STATE
                              1966:1986:2007

Comment

Originally posted by RicoForPresident View Post
                                Another good game tonight. Gritty effort by Miami to rally in the 3rd, but that was a heck of an OT tally by I believe Forfar? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, congrats to Jarod Palmer on becoming Miami's newest member of the 100 point club. Well deserved by a good guy.
                                Andrew Rowe, actually. Not tough to confuse No. 6 with No. 8, so you are forgiven
                                "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                                - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X