Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan State at Miami 10/23-24 -- On The Road Again

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
    Will Grassi see some ice time this weekend? It is a bit of a tricky situation with him having been out because it would be real tough for your first D-1 action to be against the top ranked team and in their building. I think we might dress him as like a 7th D-man and give him some PK time or something.
    I'm thinking he's an extra D-man, right? He might get limited time or work in on special teams - but Comley did say a week or so ago that he'd come back after the Maine series.

Comment

It's possible, though not likely that we'll see Grassi. Though I've heard his thumb is considerably better, I think Comley will hold him out until his projected, fully doctor-cleared debut against WMU.

Hopefully he'll opt for the bottom bunk from here on out.
      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
        It's possible, though not likely that we'll see Grassi. Though I've heard his thumb is considerably better, I think Comley will hold him out until his projected, fully doctor-cleared debut against WMU.

Hopefully he'll opt for the bottom bunk from here on out.
        Exactly
        Coach C joked he took out all the "lofts".

I'm concerned as much if not more about coming away from this series healthy as I am worried about coming home without any points. As I recall injuries started to mount last leason once we started the league schedule - and what a juggernaut to have to start with this year!

Comment

For miami do any of you think Smith see's time or will he rotate the two freshmen Mantha and Mason?
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
            For miami do any of you think Smith see's time or will he rotate the two freshmen Mantha and Mason?
            Assuming you mean Brandon, not Reilly, yes, I think we'll see Brandon this weekend at some point. Particularly, if Rico doesn't think the defensive effort has been there from the freshmen.
            http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
              Exactly
              Coach C joked he took out all the "lofts".

I'm concerned as much if not more about coming away from this series healthy as I am worried about coming home without any points. As I recall injuries started to mount last leason once we started the league schedule - and what a juggernaut to have to start with this year!
              I have thought about this as well but i think we will be alright. I think a big reason for all the injuries last year had to do with our team being too undersized which isn't as much of an issue this year.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                Assuming you mean Brandon, not Reilly, yes, I think we'll see Brandon this weekend at some point. Particularly, if Rico doesn't think the defensive effort has been there from the freshmen.
                How will your goalies figure to split time?

Comment

On the other end, if you mean Reilly, then definitely. I think you expect to see Reilly and McKenzie dressed in every game in which they're healthy. Do we see Brandon? Quite honestly i was surprised he made the trip to Durham, and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we don't see him this weekend and that Mantha and Mason both dress once in his place.

Comment

How will your goalies figure to split time?
                    It will be Cody Reichard Friday and Connor Knapp saturday.
                    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                      On the other end, if you mean Reilly, then definitely. I think you expect to see Reilly and McKenzie dressed in every game in which they're healthy. Do we see Brandon? Quite honestly i was surprised he made the trip to Durham, and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we don't see him this weekend and that Mantha and Mason both dress once in his place.
                      Well didn't think I had to clarify that one, but yes brandon. He did dress on saturday in Durham. I have a feeling he will see a game a weekend for the beginning of the season and rotate Mantha and Mason. Which, IMO, you can't do that for long without throwing guys out of rythm. I would like to see one guy define themselves and stick with them. Although if you remember it did take Hirschfeld a good part of the season to get comfortable and in the lineup consistantly.

Comment

I have thought about this as well but i think we will be alright. I think a big reason for all the injuries last year had to do with our team being too undersized which isn't as much of an issue this year.
                        I know ... but I think of the couple of guys that went down (Sucharski, Crowder, Tropp, Rowe) and those were not some of our smaller players.

Although Crowder played small
                        Last edited by owslachief; 10-22-2009, 10:59 AM.

Comment

I would agree with owl, I watched atleast 7 or 8 games from last year of yours and I would chalk up a lot of these injuries to bad luck. I believe 1 or 2 of them occured in practice correct?

Comment

I would agree with owl, I watched atleast 7 or 8 games from last year of yours and I would chalk up a lot of these injuries to bad luck. I believe 1 or 2 of them occured in practice correct?
                            Although lack of size kinda goes hand-in-hand with conditioning and weight training, which we really didn't have a shot at last season. Lack of conditioning => more injuries. So both your points are valid I think.

On the other hand, it doesn't appear Miami's missed its Wheaties® in recent years.

Comment

Who's making the goon or "f you state" sign for Tropp this weekend?

*I know it didn't happen against us, but for that kid being that big of a d-bag, really hope he gets laid out*
                              Last edited by mcfarljd; 10-22-2009, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Although lack of size kinda goes hand-in-hand with conditioning and weight training, which we really didn't have a shot at last season. Lack of conditioning => more injuries. So both your points are valid I think.

On the other hand, it doesn't appear Miami's missed its Wheaties® in recent years.
                                It is kind of an interesting mix. I know the roster has them listed differently but with Camper, Wideman, Miele at 5'9 or less. I would even question a couple other guys and them being listed at 5'10 or 5'11. But then having 3 guys 6'4 or bigger is also a plus.

I would tend to think that they play bigger than listed because of their aggressive style.

Comment

Working...
                                X