Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern @ UML 10/24/09

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    I am so old I remember the players going into the stands at NU after some fans (I can't remember why but I am sure it was all the fans' fault )
    Holy Crap! I remember this too. I wasn't at the game but recall one of the fans that jumped over the glass to fight the Lowell players(name was in the paper). He was a crew team member, we called them crew gods, probably about 6'2" and 215 lbs but just a guess. You know, 150 pounds of that in his shoulders and back! Freshmen year at Stetson West, when we'd finish what was being served as food that evening, this kid would take the all our leftovers, throw em in a bowl, mix in some ketchup/mustard/mayo, and eat it! When I heard about that incident, I thought "no way"! But then saw his name involved and my thought process changed to "Ahhh, no surprise"!

Good times...

Comment

Originally posted by WDR357 View Post
      Holy Crap! I remember this too. I wasn't at the game but recall one of the fans that jumped over the glass to fight the Lowell players(name was in the paper). He was a crew team member, we called them crew gods, probably about 6'2" and 215 lbs but just a guess. You know, 150 pounds of that in his shoulders and back! Freshmen year at Stetson West, when we'd finish what was being served as food that evening, this kid would take the all our leftovers, throw em in a bowl, mix in some ketchup/mustard/mayo, and eat it! When I heard about that incident, I thought "no way"! But then saw his name involved and my thought process changed to "Ahhh, no surprise"!

Good times...
      Heh. I just remember Jeff Flaherty 'handling' the situation. He had so many penalties in his career they should have given the box a zip-code.

I am glad the goon days are over but the stories from those times have so much more spice!

Comment

yeah, i remember when northeastern students actually made this a fun series. not like last year, when they were saying things like "i'm glad our fanbases don't hate each other any more."

makes me sick.

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
          OMG...misguided youth. I have been at nearly every home NU game since my playing days in the early 1980's. Let's not be so quick to make Freshman into NHL prospects...

Our best player and if anyone can argue that there was a better player on this team than Steve Quailer, you don't know **** about hockey! He was Cronin's driving cog in the 1st line. He is a unique combo of pure scoring potential with NHL size and speed, who can stick handling through transition. He is out as a result of a cheap hit in an exhibition game.

He will have another year of academic eligibility....as a result. Yes, it's perhaps the greatest FROSH class in history..but if we win 15 games we will be lucky and 20 a blessing from the Gods.
          There is no question that Quailer is one of the most talented individuals on the team, but to be quite honest, I have not seen him be that "go to guy". He isn't an explosive player, he is sneaky good. Players like that make teams great, but it isn't like we just lost Colin Wilson, Nate Gerbe, or Paul Kariya for a year. I'm not sure if I'm reading too much in between the lines, but are you saying we would be lucky with 15 wins because of Quailer's loss? I'm just curious how much of a difference you think it makes. I wouldn't say more than two or three games. IMO our offense is better this year w/o Quailer than last year with him (If you don't count the stretch where Ginand scored on just about every shot).

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
            yeah, i remember when northeastern students actually made this a fun series. not like last year, when they were saying things like "i'm glad our fanbases don't hate each other any more."

makes me sick.
            Hey, I still hate Lowell, you guys can have a horrible team and suck all year and still beat us. Hopefully this year we can return the favor and sink your title hopes

Comment

makes me sick.
              Yea me too!

You know what? I hate low, lower, lowest, lowell. The city just smells as soon as you get within 20 miles of the steaming dump. The goalies are sieves and the defensemen are all goons. Never seen a Lowell player I liked (expect Jason Tejama!)

At least Blaise's winning percentage is above his BAC now...

Your women are ugly and your men can't satisfy them.

UMass-Lowell....who knew UMass had a safety school?

That's about all I got.
              MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

you know a team's awful when the main selling point, even to its own fans, is "our rink predates electricity"

ps you can totally tell

Comment

makes me sick.

BLOODY LIP.....BLOODY LIP.....BLOODY LIP!
                  Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

I actually did vote for Lowell in the top 10 before i voted against it
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

makes me sick.
                      What do you expect from a bunch of "yeah dudes" who only care about partying on the hill. I hate everything about NU... including my wife on game day

Comment

Originally posted by Ebinsugewa View Post
                        Why? I think even with the loss of Quailman, 15 would be quite a disappointment. Rawlings just has to be mediocre - the power play problems seem to be fixed for the moment and the offense looks fine (no more score two goals and hope it holds).
                        Originally posted by chase.ma View Post
                        There is no question that Quailer is one of the most talented individuals on the team, but to be quite honest, I have not seen him be that "go to guy". He isn't an explosive player, he is sneaky good. Players like that make teams great, but it isn't like we just lost Colin Wilson, Nate Gerbe, or Paul Kariya for a year. I'm not sure if I'm reading too much in between the lines, but are you saying we would be lucky with 15 wins because of Quailer's loss? I'm just curious how much of a difference you think it makes. I wouldn't say more than two or three games. IMO our offense is better this year w/o Quailer than last year with him (If you don't count the stretch where Ginand scored on just about every shot).
                        I believe Quailer's loss could have a profound impact on the offense, especially the PP, but that doesn't necessarily mean the Huskies won't be able to replace at least SOME of what Quailer can do.

I think it's too early to say that the offense and the PP are better than last year. They scored four goals in the second game against CC, but it was against CC's third string goaltender, then scored three goals against Bentley, who is tough, but the jury is out on whether or not they are any good. So I think it's too early to know. That said, in the Bentley game, I liked the movement and passing (and some shots from the point!) for the NU PP, so I'm hoping that is a good sign.
                        Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                        -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
                          hopefully vader and the boys can come support lowell like they did last time at tsongas.
                          Vader won't be there but your game day entertainment, in addition to the pep band, will be the Zooperstars.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky Victory! View Post
                            BLOODY LIP.....BLOODY LIP.....BLOODY LIP!
                            am i saying i want this rivalry to be so intense that fans get into actual fistfights? no*. i'm saying that northeastern's gone soft on us, and it's very disappointing.

*yes

Comment

UML Goon.. just don't have Mario Lemule pelt Shaquille O Seal in front of the kids Sat
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

i don't know what any of that means, so i'm just going to assume you're stupid (your being an NU student/grad, I'm making a safe assumption)

Comment

Working...
                                X