Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine @ UNH 10/24: Will Whitehead finally pop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine @ UNH 10/24: Will Whitehead finally pop?

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
    The State of Maine did not establish its university in Orono for the pleasure of UNH lushes looking for something to do when they attend road games.
    Us UNH lushes never did like those Orono Puritans

BTW I hope all those Puritans in Maine vote YES on #1 on Nov. 3rd as I will be.
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

The State of Maine did not establish its university in Orono for the pleasure of UNH lushes looking for something to do when they attend road games.
      Obviously, or else you'd be U.Maine @ Ft.Meyers.
      The Souza record:
      15-16 10th place
      16-17 10th place
      17-18 11th place
      18-19 8th place
      19-20 9th place
      20-21 10th place
      21-22 9th place
      22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post

Is that Madore idiot at it again, or is it someone else this time?

[/digression]
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Do you really need to bring religion into this thread? Take your Kennebunkport Spin Zone and well........you know.
          Last edited by sandiegoblkbr; 10-24-2009, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Do you really need to bring religion into this thread? Take your Kennebunkport Spin Zone and well........you know.

It's politics not religion but are you seeing the same banner ads here that I am? They are all urging a no vote on question #1. Give me a break. Who the he11 is funding all this propaganda? That great American George Soros?
            Last edited by e.cat; 10-24-2009, 10:14 PM.

Comment

It's politics not religion but are you seeing the same banner ads here that I am? They are all urging a no vote on question #1. Give me a break. Who the he11 is funding all this propaganda? That great American George Soros?
              Nope. http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2009/...-in-maine.html

Yes on #1 has 91% of its money from two places: the National Organization for Marriage (a NJ group) and the Portland Diocese.

No on #1, while still getting many out of state donations, also has a large percentage of in-state individual donors.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post

Yes on #1 has 91% of its money from two places: the National Organization for Marriage (a NJ group) and the Portland Diocese.

No on #1, while still getting many out of state donations, also has a large percentage of in-state individual donors.

1). Don't assume the # of donors is anywhere near accurate - I've read the Diocese has held special collections in church to fund their contributions, so I'd guess they represent small donations from lots of people.

2). How does the Diocese pull this off without losing their non-profit status?

3). There are still people in Maine without food, clothes, and heat, right?

4). Despite my fears, when NH passed a gay marriage law I did not leave my wife for a man.

5). I miss the days when Maine had a legitimate hockey team.

Comment

Originally posted by Markt View Post
                  2). How does the Diocese pull this off without losing their non-profit status?
                  I asked my non-profit law professor this very question. His answer? The IRS doesn't want the fight. It is likely improper, but it would be very messy politically to do anything about it.

Comment

A person's civil rights should never be left to majority rule. As for the game, I noticed that the four Maine fans (probably 20% of their whole contingent tonight) bailed on the game after the second period. Black Bears weren't much tonight except on the PP, 5-on-5 they were pretty abysmal. Fast becoming the Lake State of Hockey East.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                      Fast becoming the Lake State of Hockey East.
                      becoming?

It's over.

Comment

. Fast becoming the Lake State of Hockey East.
                        Pay attention, we've been saying that for years
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

biggot

Comment

A person's civil rights should never be left to majority rule.
                            nobody's civil rights are being violated. in fact i'm fine with civil unions.

Originally posted by AMC View Post

not surprising that the money on both sides is coming from out of state groups.

Comment

Maine Hockey Journal
                              Updated 10/25 UNH hands UMaine another Hockey East loss
                              USCHO.com's MASCAC and ECAC-Northeast Columnist

Maine Hockey Journal

Comment

Heck with it, this is far more interesting than Maine Hockey right now...

nobody's civil rights are being violated. in fact i'm fine with civil unions.
                                Nothing requires, say, the catholic church to redefine their beliefs or to perform Catholic ceremonies against their will.

So what's the problem with recognizing that marriage has a secular interpretation as well as a religious one?
                                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Working...
                                X