Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine @ UNH 10/24: Will Whitehead finally pop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine @ UNH 10/24: Will Whitehead finally pop?

Originally posted by MainefaninMA View Post
    4-2 UNH wins.. I'm giving Timmay the benefit of the doubt that his team can keep it that close!
    Honest Question:

Is Timmay really the problem?

Seems to me the Walsh and Timmay both were doing fine while Standbrook was doing the recruiting and Goalies.

That leads to the question: Is Maine totally screwed? If yes extremely sad for College Hockey!
    "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
      Honest Question:

Is Timmay really the problem?

Seems to me the Walsh and Timmay both were doing fine while Standbrook was doing the recruiting and Goalies.

That leads to the question: Is Maine totally screwed? If yes extremely sad for College Hockey!
      Yes

Yes

Tim had no use for Standbrook. Need I say more?

Comment

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
        Tim had no use for Standbrook. Need I say more?

Yikes!!!!!

Nobody in the A.Dept saw this as a problem?
        "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Yikes!!!!!

Nobody in the A.Dept saw this as a problem?
          Nah, TIMMAY and Blake James have become good golfing buddies over the past 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by RATIBB View Post
            Nah, TIMMAY and Blake James have become good golfing buddies over the past 2 years.
            You guys are up $h!t creek...

Comment

Originally posted by RATIBB View Post
              Thats why both have to be gone after the season....the point is DON'T offer Blake James a contract and let him go...with Whitehead...he will need to be bought out by private money....then and only then can the re-building begin....while were at it...it's kind of Hat Trick @ UMaine......Kennedy doesn't want to be at Maine...{Kansas Dreaming}..James doesn't want to be at Maine..{Florida Dreaming} and Whitehead shouldn't be at Maine{Please resign...take a buy-out...but just LEAVE}

Comment

You guys are up $h!t creek...
                Thank you, Captain Obvious.
                bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                  Thank you, Captain Obvious.
                  Well, I am just learning that the A.D. and the coach intentionally (or from total incompetance) did this to themselves.

I was somehow under the impression that Standbrook just got tired of doing it and retired, not that anybody would be as numb as to push him out.

Comment

Well, I am just learning that the A.D. and the coach intentionally (or from total incompetance) did this to themselves.

I was somehow under the impression that Standbrook just got tired of doing it and retired, not that anybody would be as numb as to push him out.
                    Are you kidding? Grant was ageless. He had at least another 25 years of recruiting in him. Why would he want to retire?

Comment

Got to agree w/ Priceless here.

What was Maine supposed to do - send Standbrook out on scouting trips to Saskatchewan into his 90s?

Don't get me wrong, Standbrook is/was a key cog in Maine's rise to prominence. But none of us last forever. And lots of other programs have managed to be competitive over the last 15-20 years. Whether he was pushed out or left of his own accord is almost immaterial at this point.
                      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

I seem to recall Maine fans talking about having young players with potential over the past couple of years. What happened with that? Are they still progressing as projected? Were they overrated? Did they leave early? (Was I imagining all of that?)

I can understand having a couple of down years as the younger players gain their footing, but eventually those players mature/develop, and a good (or at least competitive team emerges). Does anyone see this happening with Maine this year?
                        Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                        -Fred Shero

Comment

Geeez....got into a bar room brawl last weekend and had to have 5 stitches on my chin....so had to grow a goatee cuz its a beetch to shave stitches... The other guy is in ICU....hope he's alright.
                          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                            Geeez....got into a bar room brawl last weekend and had to have 5 stitches on my chin....so had to grow a goatee cuz its a beetch to shave stitches... The other guy is in ICU....hope he's alright.
                            Let me get this straight,

unh = goatee

Miane = ICU

?

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                              I seem to recall Maine fans talking about having young players with potential over the past couple of years. What happened with that? Are they still progressing as projected? Were they overrated? Did they leave early? (Was I imagining all of that?)

I can understand having a couple of down years as the younger players gain their footing, but eventually those players mature/develop, and a good (or at least competitive team emerges). Does anyone see this happening with Maine this year?
                              C'mon. Purcell, Sweetland and Bishop all left early to turn pro. If they'd stuck around, there'd be at least another national championship trophy in the case.

That's what TIMMAY will tell you anyway.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                C'mon. Purcell, Sweetland and Bishop all left early to turn pro. If they'd stuck around, there'd be at least another national championship trophy in the case.

That's what TIMMAY will tell you anyway.
                                Umile can use the same logic.....if Trevor "Peaves" Smith and JVR had hung around there another year there'd be.......er ......ummmm.........ahhhhhh......whooops, sorry

In fact I pretty sure I saw his logic in an email......723 times.

bar room brawl....itza long story jb, more on it later if I have time. I sure wud like to pass it on to u uhn fanz though.
                                Last edited by acs64; 10-22-2009, 12:46 PM.
                                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X