Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Denver Pioneers visit the MN Golden Gophers Oct 23-24

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    You sound like Cameron from Ferris Bueller's Day Off after the Ferrari took the plunge.
    He's about as positive as Cameron, too.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Gophers were 0-for-9 on the PP last weekend. If they hope to get at least 3+ pts. this weekend that has got to change. Goalie rotation is set to continue.

"There is a good chance they are both going to play again this weekend," Lucia said. "They earned that opportunity"....."We think that competition will bring out the best goaltender," said Justin Johnson, the Gophers' first-year goalie coach. "It will keep practices lively and, in the end, will be the best thing for both the goaltenders and the team."

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
        Gophers were 0-for-9 on the PP last weekend. If they hope to get at least 3+ pts. this weekend that has got to change. Goalie rotation is set to continue.
        The big thing last year and again on Sat. against UND was the team gives up the lead too easily and never gets the two goal lead.

If that gets corrected then it will be a fun year. Until then, nothing has changed.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
          My wife will appreciate me spending the whole afternoon watching sports, especially since I plan to hunt for a good portion of Saturday. I may be looking for a place to shack up in the near future.
          Watch out for the meatloaf that glows in the dark too.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          The big thing last year and again on Sat. against UND was the team gives up the lead too easily and never gets the two goal lead.

If that gets corrected then it will be a fun year. Until then, nothing has changed.
          Yeah, the scoring problem again. I thought one of the few highlights last weekend was Hoeffel getting a couple goals. I want to see more of the offense storming the net. We saw a little of that last Saturday but not enough..yet.
          Last edited by HarleyMC; 10-23-2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            He's about as positive as Cameron, too.

Good news for DU fans - with 40% of your team having the flu, keep in mind this little tidbit: Chay Genoway had the flu last weekend against UMN and managed to score 3 goals and was named the WCHA DPOTW.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I was just looking at the FCS schedule and the Gophers have 4 more delayed games on there. 10/30 at UAA, 12/4 & 12/5 against MSUM and 1/9 against Harvard. Don't know if they will also be delayed on FSN North.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/3121084
              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                I was just looking at the FCS schedule and the Gophers have 4 more delayed games on there. 10/30 at UAA, 12/4 & 12/5 against MSUM and 1/9 against Harvard. Don't know if they will also be delayed on FSN North.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/3121084
                Yes, there all tape delayed. Figures that they won't be available on another channel live, but that appears to be the screw job involved here.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan View Post
                  What the hell am I supposed to do on Saturday evening now?

Talk to my wife?
                  Here's a thought - go to the *ing game!

My problem is I have to go to a pewee team parent party that night and won't be able to talk the host into putting the game on, since he can't.

Meanwhile my kid will be at the game with a buddy.

Comment

Good news for DU fans - with 40% of your team having the flu, keep in mind this little tidbit: Chay Genoway had the flu last weekend against UMN and managed to score 3 goals and was named the WCHA DPOTW.
                    I hope so The DU team has been battling the flu since their exhibition game back on Oct. 4th when Wiercioch missed that game due to it.

DU blog with Gwoz's Preview including tonight's line-up.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=204819580

The line-up is

Rhett Rakhshani-Tyler Ruegsegger-Anthony Maiani
                    Kyle Ostrow-Drew Shore-Luke Salazar
                    Matt Glasser-Jesse Martin-Brian Gifford
                    Chris Knowlton-Brandon Vossberg-Shawn Ostrow

Matt Donovan-John Lee
                    Paul Phillips-Chris Nutini
                    Patrick Wiercioch-William Wrenn

Marc Cheverie (2-0, 2.00 GAA, .931 Sv%) gets the start in goal.

Healthy scratches for tonight are defenseman Cody Brookwell and forward Nate Dewhurst. John Ryder, Joe Colborne, Dustin Jackson, Jon Cook, Joey Brehm and Lars Paulgaard are all in Denver.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Rhett Rakhshani-Tyler Ruegsegger-Anthony Maiani
                      Yikes...loading that top line. They could be tough to shutdown.

What is up with Salazar? Soph slump?
                      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Brian, you of all people should know that in hockey, the flu has always been a prerequisite for lucky bounces.

Comment

Yikes...loading that top line. They could be tough to shutdown.

Wonder if Lucia will put Matson's line on those guys. That will be fun to watch for.

Comment

DG is claiming post-Bozak syndrome I just looked up his stats and he only has 5 shots on goal in 4 games. Maybe he is one of the players that had the flu during the past two weeks? He has played his regular shifts so who knows.

I would expect to see the Martin line out against Schroeder as much as possible with Gifford sticking to him like glue.
                            Last edited by du78; 10-23-2009, 12:08 PM.

Comment

I would expect to see the Martin line out against Schroeder as much as possible with Gifford sticking to him like glue.
                              Expect tDon to mix things up a bit and make line adjustments. Also Schroeder's speed makes him difficult to shadow.
                              Last edited by HarleyMC; 10-23-2009, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                                Also Schroeder's speed makes him difficult to shadow.
                                Unless you're UND apparently. {sigh}

Comment

Working...
                                X