Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Denver Pioneers visit the MN Golden Gophers Oct 23-24

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Lofquist was hurt for Saturdays game. Have not heard how serious/unserious it may be.

I'd imagine the Gophers will be rotating goalies all year until the playoffs so Kangas Friday and Patterson Sat. would be my guess.

Lines or who plays and who doesn't is really up in the air. Maybe Larson and Schack will get a shot, who knows?
    I think the rotation is likely to continue (and should), but by the time we get to January/February it would be nice to see one of these guys seize the job and force the coaching staff to play him as often as possible by the way he is playing. Waiting until the playoffs seems a little too late in the season to establish who your true number 1 guy will be.

I missed the game on Saturday, so I still have this image of guys standing around in their own zone doing nothing stuck in my head. I hope to see them erase this from my memory this weekend.
    04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
    USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
    I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
    Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
    I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

It's hard to judge both of these teams at this point. Both teams have had surprisingly slow starts. Most fans expected more from the Gophers and Denver after a high preseason ranking being blanked by Ohio St. and splitting with Vermont last week has also been a surprise. I do think home ice and a Denver team without Bozak and Colborne are positive vibes for the Gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
        You're slowly coming over to the Maroon & Gold, eh?
        I secretly have a Gopher jersey that I wear under my Sioux jersey to the F5.
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
          I secretly have a Gopher jersey that I wear under my Sioux jersey to the F5.
          Do you tuck the Gopher sweater inside or outside of your women's panties that you secretly wear to the F5.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
            Do you tuck the Gopher sweater inside or outside of your women's panties that you secretly wear to the F5.
            I go commando to the F5.
            But I do wear a polo shirt with the collar up underneath both jerseys. Makes me feel like a SCSU fan...super special.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
              I go commando to the F5.
              Norton?

Comment

DGG, what's your read on the Pie's through 4 games? I only saw part of the first UVM game on the satellite (the best part, the 3P rally), and it sure sounds like they are very inconsistent. In the Game 2 loss to Horse Chestnuts, did the BugEyes simply have a hot goalie or were our shots minimal-threat chances?

Am hoping to see most of Friday on FSD after broadcasting a local HSFB game here in frosty N. Michigan.

Sure was nice to see the New Boone on camera a few times during the telecast! How are the college's PC Police interacting with you (or have they come to accept a rogue mascot with great tradition?)

Go Pies!

Comment

Think it would be fitting for Brandon Vossberg, St Paul, Brian Gifford and John Lee, Moorhead, to come on strong for DU this weekend.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by MichPieGuy View Post
                    DGG, what's your read on the Pie's through 4 games? I only saw part of the first UVM game on the satellite (the best part, the 3P rally), and it sure sounds like they are very inconsistent. In the Game 2 loss to Horse Chestnuts, did the BugEyes simply have a hot goalie or were our shots minimal-threat chances?

Am hoping to see most of Friday on FSD after broadcasting a local HSFB game here in frosty N. Michigan.

Sure was nice to see the New Boone on camera a few times during the telecast! How are the college's PC Police interacting with you (or have they come to accept a rogue mascot with great tradition?)

Go Pies!
                    Clearly DU is not as dominant as the preseason hype led us to believe. That means that if DU wants to win WCHA road games and sweep at home that are going to have to go back to the tried and true formula of playing lockdown defense and relying on counterattacks when the opportunity presents itself.

The response to Boone was overwhelming. That being said, there were rumblings last week that the admin may be less than impressed with our "Boone is Back Campaign" last weekend. I think they were pretty shocked at the overwhelming response to Boone. Obviously, they don't read Facebook, where Boone has over 2,200 "Friends."

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/denver.boone?ref=ts

Comment

Television for this series

Friday: FSN - Rocky Mountain, FSN - North, FCS - Central; live at 8 PM ET, 7PM CT, 6PM MT, 5PM PT.

Saturday: FSN - North; tape delay (check you local listings)

No videocasts this weekend
                      Last edited by du78; 10-19-2009, 03:58 PM.
                      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                        Television for this series

Friday: FSN - Rocky Mountain, FSN - North, FCS - Central; live at 8 PM ET, 7PM CT, 6PM MT, 5 pm PT.

Saturday: FSN - North; tape delay (check you local listings)

No videocasts this weekend
                        It just seems bizarre to me that the tape delayed game is the one with no other options for TV. Talk about non-sensical.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It just seems bizarre to me that the tape delayed game is the one with no other options for TV. Talk about non-sensical.
                          I checked the FCS schedule and there is a bunch of crap shows being shown on two of the channels with HS and college football on the 3rd. I guess since it is an FSN - North production they have the say. I am assuming FSN-RM on Friday is just picking up the FSN-North feed and not sending a crew to Minneapolis.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

It doesn't look like the game time has been posted on DirecTV yet.

The Wild-Hurricane game is on live and I guess they could preempt the Arizona-Stanford football game at 10:30 PM Eastern time.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                              It doesn't look like the game time has been posted on DirecTV yet.

The Wild-Hurricane game is on live and I guess they could preempt the Arizona-Stanford football game at 10:30 PM Eastern time.
                              I found a DU/Gopher hockey game on my cable system on FCS Central at 3:30 PM ET Sunday afternoon. Don't know if this is a repeat of Friday's game or a tape delay of Saturday's. Should draw a lot of viewers with it on against the NFL.

collegehockeylive.com is reporting that the Saturday game will be televised on FSN-North at 10PM ET but to check your local listings.

http://www.collegehockeylive.com/chl/default.aspx?l=y
                              Last edited by du78; 10-19-2009, 04:16 PM.

Comment

but when you consider FCS-Central will be broadcasting the "National Collegiate Paintball Championship" it all becomes oh-so crystal clear!

Comment

Working...
                                X