Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Denver Pioneers visit the MN Golden Gophers Oct 23-24

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Oh, really? Then explain Schroeder not even getting a shot off until the second game at about the midway point.
    That surprised me.
    I really expected Schroeder to be dominant this year. Of course, there is still plenty of time for that to happen, but you didn't hear his name mentioned too much last weekend.
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
      That surprised me.
      I really expected Schroeder to be dominant this year. Of course, there is still plenty of time for that to happen, but you didn't hear his name mentioned too much last weekend.
      If at all.

I was shocked as well. Thus my reaction to Friday nights game which was a complete disaster as far as I was concerned. I was hoping all summer that I wouldn't have to see a game like that at all this year.

Hope springs eternal though. It's a new weekend. But with the tape delay on Sat. night I really am hoping tonight is a good night for the Gophers.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        If at all.

I was shocked as well. Thus my reaction to Friday nights game which was a complete disaster as far as I was concerned. I was hoping all summer that I wouldn't have to see a game like that at all this year.

Hope springs eternal though. It's a new weekend. But with the tape delay on Sat. night I really am hoping tonight is a good night for the Gophers.
        I hate to do this...but the Sioux might have had something to say about that.

Jordan will lead either way...the question is whether he will dominate or not. Last weekend was not a good start.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Less than 2 hours until puckdrop. Then the Gopher supremacy begins!
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• The Gophers are so ready to apply a beatdown I've got goosebumps.

No, it's not cold in my house.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Less than 2 hours until puckdrop. Then the Gopher supremacy begins!
              Will this be another manic-depressive night for Brent?
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                Will this be another manic-depressive night for Brent?
                Lets hope so.

I'm just wondering which Canadian born Pioneer will stick a fork in the Gophers tonight. I'll go with Kyle Ostow.

Comment

Frank Mazzocco on Mike Hoeffel "He's got that ice water in the veins that you like to have in a goaltender. Not much flappable about Mike Hoeffel."

So sad.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Programming update.

Tomorrow night game between Minnesota and Denver will not be shown tape delay. instead the tape delay broadcast will be shown Sunday at 3 pm central. **** it. thank FSN North for screwing us out tomorrow night.
                    Go Gophers Go.

Comment

Originally posted by Gophers #1 View Post
                      Programming update.

Tomorrow night game between Minnesota and Denver will not be shown tape delay. instead the tape delay broadcast will be shown Sunday at 3 pm central. **** it. thank FSN North for screwing us out tomorrow night.
                      Gold Zone will have live audio. $9.95 for month. Clear and clean as a whistle (no static, tested it for tonights game preview). And I got to watch the 74-75 Gopher Hockey highlight reel. Very cool.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

3 - 0. goofers shut out at home.

Great job Pioneers!

Comment

This is the lowest scoring output for a Gopher team in the first three games (3 goals total) since 1934.

Nineteen fricken thirty four.

You can't make this up folks.

Comment

0 for Friday night.

0 for 2009 on the PP.

Not much going on in tonight's game. I think Denver deserves a ton of credit in this game, they looked very good. They took advantage of some of their scoring opportunities when the Gophers didn't.

No need to panic, but it's bothersome that the 2 games I've seen so far this season (both Fridays) they haven't scored. Perhaps I should stop watching, at least they score some goals. We'll get to test that theory tomorrow I guess.
                            04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
                            USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
                            I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
                            Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
                            I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

Gophers played just well enough tonight not to get blown out.
                              They still look out of sync/sloppy in their passing and puck carrying. Also did a horrible job of supporting the puck carrier. There were a number of times when I wanted to curse the guy with the puck for not making a play, but couldn't because the options available to him were non existent. Gonna have to bring it back to the basics: keep the feet moving (off the puck); get it deep, forecheck. Cycle. Get it to the goal, and get some bodies there.

I thought they did a pretty good job defensively tonight, despite allowing 32 shots. They were protecting the front of the net and clearing rebounds quite well. But when you don't mount much of any attack, you are likely going to be under too much pressure defensively.

We need a good offensive showing tomorrow night. I think that will come most easily by, like I said, bringing it back to the basics.

Comment

On post game show with Jay Stickney, Gwoz said that Brookwell is now the 7th d-man. Hmmmmmmm.
                                DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                                sigpic
                                WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X