This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence - 2009-10 In-season Thread

PC losing 4-1. Can't wait for Hokeydad to tell us we should be happy about this.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

The Mighty Big Green was 1-6 going into this game.

Now they're 2-6.

Man that's going to hurt Hokydad's glass percentage.

EDIT: At least PC outshot them though!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
        EDIT: At least PC outshot them though!
        We are way too negative.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          Hokeydad
          Sons of old Massachusetts,
          Devoted daughters true,
          Bay State, old Bay State,
          We'll give our best to you.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
            He watched Wheel of Fortune and bought a vowel.
            Providence College
            National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

We out shot them we must have won.....must be a computer error.....wrong score posted........ahh the PC roller coaster is running again, hold the glass tightly so it won't break in the turns......I so wanted a parade on Admiral Street

Comment

If Hokydad is going to be a troll on this thread despite us all thinking that he is a tool then he could at least troll after a loss.
                Apparently the coaching got them those w's but he seems to take the Army approach that the losses are on the players.

HD the DB trolls minutes after a win to extoll the virtues of Timmy. After Timmy and Co. losing to an inferior opponent by all accounts? Not so much.

Proving once again that Hokydad is a total fraud.

Comment

I would post more but I am going back to panicking. I do thank PC for winning Tuesday, so I didn't have to panic during Thanksgiving.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! ( Panic sounds)
                  Providence College
                  National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

PC91- How much proof did we need?

Netman- Let me know when we move from panic to looting.

-Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      PC91- How much proof did we need?
                      You mean "propf" right?
                      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                        You mean "propf" right?
                        My bad.
                        How embarrassing...

-Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

So the overall team speed was obvious. Though what's the deal with odd man rushes…. when they had odd man rushes they were always spinning off and heading into the corners instead of the net. The line changes were very rough and almost late through out the game and had part in at least two of the goals. In general they seem to be weak on the puck, no one was hitting and they were out muscled over and over again. While the shots on goal continue to be high, there were more shots off target than on. Special teams…. What special teams?? The penalty count was low for both teams and really didn’t make an advantage for either. The contact to the head (1st period) two guys loose an edge one falls on the other I didn’t see much there. The rest were mostly hooking.. but supporting my point about the lack of physical play. Perhaps the sign of a young team?
                          Let's GO FRIARS!!
                          Let's GO FRIARS!!

Mikey Sweeps!!

Comment

Originally posted by #1 Friars Fan View Post
                            So the overall team speed was obvious. Though what's the deal with odd man rushes…. when they had odd man rushes they were always spinning off and heading into the corners instead of the net. The line changes were very rough and almost late through out the game and had part in at least two of the goals. In general they seem to be weak on the puck, no one was hitting and they were out muscled over and over again. While the shots on goal continue to be high, there were more shots off target than on. Special teams…. What special teams?? The penalty count was low for both teams and really didn’t make an advantage for either. The contact to the head (1st period) two guys loose an edge one falls on the other I didn’t see much there. The rest were mostly hooking.. but supporting my point about the lack of physical play. Perhaps the sign of a young team?
                            This sounds so like Coach Amy. When coach played he always went right, right into the corner (I think Freds can agree with this). When Coach Amy played he played like a pussee never hit anyone it was always linemates particularly Rooney who was physical. There hasn't been a hitter on this team since Platt graduated. Hockeyman and I have had numerous conversations about the lack size. When Lou coached he had size and speed and PC would beat teams up physically finishing checks and it opened things up for the speed players.

Ah what's the sense, as long as Amy is there I will root for BU...

Hope things are going well for you in Badgerland #1

Comment

Well, I know none of you nerds (except Jon), but Colin McDonald just scored his first NHL goal in an absolute farce of an Oilers-Canucks game.
                              @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
                              I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

Originally posted by Boosh View Post
                                Well, I know none of you nerds (except Jon), but Colin McDonald just scored his first NHL goal in an absolute farce of an Oilers-Canucks game.
                                Woot!

Would it kill PC coaches not to moan endlessly about having a "young team"? First Pooley, then Army, now Keano Davis... cripes people, just stop it!

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X