• Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence - 2009-10 In-season Thread

Now I get to post 3 in a row!!!!!!!
    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
      Want to see what the RI Beanpot is like, eh?
      Actually, I'm not close to my required time of slumming for the year!
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

PC Men's Hockey will be celebrating the life of Mrs. Penny Clarke in a pregame ceremony on December 12th.
        Mrs. Clarke was a retired nurse, a longtime season ticket holder and huge fan of Friar hockey.
        I was lucky enough to have gotten to know her a bit and found her to very lovely to talk to and she had a wonderful of humor. I worked with Mrs. Clarke's daughter Sara at the P-Bruins. She was so sweet, as is her younger sister and Mr. Clarke, and I'm hoping that the ceremony is a fitting tribute. Not a rehash of the recent Senior's Nights.

There is a nice notice about the event on friars.com.

Comment

Another bit of news that some might find interesting is the play of the RI Storm. They are a pro club whose operation is based at Boss Arena on the campus of URI.
          Talk about great hockey for a reasonable price.
          I watched them play the Connecticut C-dogs this past Tuesday night and they housed the dogs. They play against this Sunday afternoon at noon down at URI. It's worth the trip I swear!
          The C-dogs have this goon Esposito that you'll love to hate. He can't skate but he can shoot and swing.

Comment

There will be no third post in a row today. Sorry, I'm just not feeling up to it.

Comment

So, did the Grammar Horse trample Hokydad or did the police drag him away after driving over to PC91's house wearing purple diapers?

And who the hell decided that two games in the span of 20 days was a good idea?!?!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

If it wasn't for the RI Storm, I would have lost my hockeyloving mind!!!

Granted, I love the after party at the Mews as well but it's the quality of hockey that has held me over.

Maybe some of you will make the trip to Boss Arena tomorrow? Faceoff is at noon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  So, did the Grammar Horse trample Hokydad or did the police drag him away after driving over to PC91's house wearing purple diapers?
                  Nah, he just moved over to the BU-Merrimack thread. Maybe you wore him out?

Comment

Anybody hear that Jon Rheault is back in Providence on a tryout with the Baby Bs? Refresh me, how long's it been since the Bruins had a former Friar? Wasn't Leach the last one?

Comment

Originally posted by BruinFriar View Post
                      Anybody hear that Jon Rheault is back in Providence on a tryout with the Baby Bs? Refresh me, how long's it been since the Bruins had a former Friar? Wasn't Leach the last one?
                      Dinos Stamoulis played 1 game for the PBruins last year
                      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

I hope Jon can catch on with the Bruins it would be the only reason I would go to their games

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                          If it wasn't for the RI Storm, I would have lost my hockeyloving mind!!!

Granted, I love the after party at the Mews as well but it's the quality of hockey that has held me over.

Maybe some of you will make the trip to Boss Arena tomorrow? Faceoff is at noon.
                          The Mews = good!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                            He got the game winner the other night for Springfield. I believe he's got 5 goals and 6 points total. Just follow close enough to see how he's doing, but he seems to be a 3rd liner and seems to essentially be filler. Size got him to where he is, but he never was willing to use it.
                            I was actually out there Friday night for the game. He played on their top line, 1st set of penalty killers and powerplay. He was pretty much a nonfactor in the game that ended up being lost by sprinfield in overtime 3-2. Sprinfield was down 2-0 till 10 minutes left and tied it up late with 2 goals, but I didnt see Colin do much. And as Cav pointed out he still is not willing to use that size so I would think hes going to be a career ahl guy if he wants to continue playing because he definitely didnt stand out to me to say he should be up with the oilers.

Also, saw Cody play as well and he looked pretty good out there. Was the quarterback on the powerplay, moved the puck well as always and skated well, doesnt seem to jump up in the play anywhere near as much as he did at PC, but seems to definitely have improved on the defensive end. I would think he could play as a 5th or 6th defenseman in the nhl as long as you put him with a stay at home guy so he can jump up in the play and use his skating which has always been his best asset.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                              The Mews = good!
                              And how! I went back to the Mews after the Storm beat the C-dogs yesterday in a shootout at Boss. They have the best food and no bad ice!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night's game. It seems like forever since they men's team has played. They must be itching to get back to action.

Nice game turned in by the women's team yesterday beating BU 6-2. Nicole Anderson (sp) turned in a hat trick. Go Friars!

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                                I'm looking forward to tomorrow night's game. It seems like forever since they men's team has played. They must be itching to get back to action.

Nice game turned in by the women's team yesterday beating BU 6-2. Nicole Anderson (sp) turned in a hat trick. Go Friars!
                                Bad news: You've been barred from attending for being a clown/maggot hybrid. I won't be there because I have no life.
                                But if you don't actually root for PC and you have awful spelling and grammar, you get in free.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X