X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence - 2009-10 In-season Thread

"0" shots in the 3rd period

Remember when Amy came here and proclaimed "If we are going to lose it is going to be 7-6 because we are willing to give up goals because we are going to score" uhhhhh yeah okay Coach Amy and it's all Tyler's fault

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
      Does this laughable ticker of yours take into account losses or does it just go up when you feel like posting -- which, being the fraud that you are, seems to be exclusively after wins.

Anyway, thanks for the update on your glass Mrs. Army. I love the "increased accountability" too, whatever the hell that means.
      Hey HM this is laughable....

Hey go check out the game review, Coach Amy "we wanted to come out strong the first 5 minutes, not necessarily score..." hahaha isn't the idea to score???

Comment

Originally posted by BUObserver View Post

Hey go check out the game review, Coach Amy "we wanted to come out strong the first 5 minutes, not necessarily score..." hahaha isn't the idea to score???
        If you have the lead, no, you fool. Now people are negative when they win on the road?

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
          If you have the lead, no, you fool. Now people are negative when they win on the road?
          First, Army was talking about coming out at the START of the game with that strategy. So reading is fundamental, really -- but more over, it's funny how everyone you disagree with is a "fool" and a "moron." Way to connect with the fanbase, Mrs. A.

Most people here have a pretty strong BS detector and right now your posts are about 99.999999% and rising. Actually make that 100%.

It'd be one thing if you were just excited about the start to the year but you suddenly show up for Season 5 with an agenda that's pretty clear and I think most people here can see right through it, what with the "past is the past" and "great work by the coaching staff" lines. Hell, you mention the coach as much as the players after every win (as you don't ever post after losses) -- which is a little strange in any circumstance.

So yes it's a nice start. It's also October hockey we're looking at here. We have 4 prior years of disappointments and colossal collapses at the end of the year to point to. Hopefully things are going to be different this year, but it's going to take some post-season success for me, at least, to start changing my mind about the coach.

And you'd be a little less obvious if you posted on balance whenever the team does lose, or at least acknowledged, once, the last 4 seasons. Or went one post-game win post without mentioning how wonderful those coaches are. If they were so great why are we coming off one of the worst years in the history of the program?

You, ma'am, are a fraud.
          Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 11-02-2009, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BUObserver View Post

I think the goal was to play keepaway.

Comment

If they were so great why are we coming off one of the worst years in the history of the program?
              So is RPI, and check out their new thread title!! You gotta believe.
              Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

First, Army was talking about coming out at the START of the game with that strategy. So reading is fundamental, really -- but more over, it's funny how everyone you disagree with is a "fool" and a "moron." Way to connect with the fanbase, Mrs. A.

Most people here have a pretty strong BS detector and right now your posts are about 99.999999% and rising. Actually make that 100%.

It'd be one thing if you were just excited about the start to the year but you suddenly show up for Season 5 with an agenda that's pretty clear and I think most people here can see right through it, what with the "past is the past" and "great work by the coaching staff" lines. Hell, you mention the coach as much as the players after every win (as you don't ever post after losses) -- which is a little strange in any circumstance.

So yes it's a nice start. It's also October hockey we're looking at here. We have 4 prior years of disappointments and colossal collapses at the end of the year to point to. Hopefully things are going to be different this year, but it's going to take some post-season success for me, at least, to start changing my mind about the coach.

And you'd be a little less obvious if you posted on balance whenever the team does lose, or at least acknowledged, once, the last 4 seasons. Or went one post-game win post without mentioning how wonderful those coaches are. If they were so great why are we coming off one of the worst years in the history of the program?

You, ma'am, are a fraud.
                It took you 6 paragraphs to say that? What a tool/fool

get a life pal

So this comment was not in response to a loss?? You should listen more then just talk, talk about being a broad.

10-17-2009, 01:10 PM #40
                Hokydad

Re: Providence - 2009-10 In-season Thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC played every bit as good in 2nd game as first game, good Job
                Last edited by Hokydad; 11-02-2009, 08:55 AM.

Comment

this thread is so much more fun now. On multiple levels.

Y'know, there's something about stumbling around in the dark for 8 years that makes a fan base much grouchier. I wonder why?
                  Last edited by Jon; 11-02-2009, 09:21 AM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    this thread is so much more fun now. On multiple levels.

Y'know, there's something about stumbling around in the dark for 8 years that makes a fan base much grouchier. I wonder why?
                    To a point...

To start nit picking and always being negative is a total waste of time. I can be as negative as anyone but feel strongly that this team has upside, saw it at end of last eyar. With young group in place, 2 NHL draft picks in 09 and 10 on D in place and others, it copuld be a good/fun few years. Good coaches make adjustments, maybe 4 years being a little long to do so but who cares, we are not playing BU on 10/23/2007. We are beating ND, HC, BG and U Mass, with 2 big wins on the road. If that is not a good start, then maybe the negative dwellers should go hang out with the Maine crowd, they would at last have somethimng to moan about

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      If that is not a good start, then maybe the negative dwellers should go hang out with the Maine crowd, they would at last have somethimng to moan about
                      UVM 1
                      Maine 4

Overall, yeah. Recently? Not so much.

Basically, it's November.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Good coaches make adjustments, maybe 4 years being a little long to do so but who cares,
                        53-80-16 is "good"?
                        Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 11-02-2009, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          UVM 1
                          Maine 4

Overall, yeah. Recently? Not so much.

Basically, it's November.
                          And that says it all right there.

Comment

53-80-16 is "good"?
                            the point is who gives a rats a about 2006 or 2007

Some of you sound like the Cleveland fans from Major League 1.

It is a new season, with new players. Enjoy it and hop on for the ride. It might be fun and they might surprisea few people. I am sure they will have stumbles and probably have dead spots but it sure looks to be better then billed and a better product then last season....

Comment

Any product had to be better than last season so please don't use that as a base..........and it took 4 years to adjust the coaching to a winning style.....slow learner no wonder the NHL gave up on him

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                                Any product had to be better than last season so please don't use that as a base..........and it took 4 years to adjust the coaching to a winning style.....slow learner no wonder the NHL gave up on him
                                NHL didnt give up on him. He could go back today but wanted to be home with roots as kids got older. Moving all over the place is not a fun life.
                                Anaheim, Washington, Maine. What next, go to Toronto? please...

part of his problem was that he tried to coach like the old run and gun days when Ron Wilson was rocking ther rink. To much like a pro program but seems to have adapted and instead is putting players in situations they will have success in. Slow but who cares, today is today and If I had told you we would have already won vs ND, HC, BG and U Mass you would have laughed

Comment

Working...
                                X