This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence - 2009-10 In-season Thread

In referrence to the glass being half full instead of everyone being so negative. 57% means it is now more then half full.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      In referrence to the glass being half full instead of everyone being so negative. 57% means it is now more then half full.
      So now you're ripping off a Scooby gimmick? I think that one comes from the book of "How to Not Win Friends and Influence People on USCHO."
      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
        Final 3-1 for the Friars.
        My Falcons came out flying in the first period but did not sustain the energy. Now I'm thinking we might win one before Jaunary.

I happened to be sitting pretty much in line with shot that yielded the GWG. It looked as though there were 15 bodies in the way.

BG had an interesting lineup change: McIntosh, a forward, played defense. Last season, attrition left the team with only five D-men, and McIntosh played defense late in the season. We've now got the usual complement of eight, but Coach Williams presumably thought only five were good enough to play.
        Go Falcons!

Comment

Huh ??? You made more sense when you were calling 91 names, you did a better job spelling then too

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
            Huh ??? You made more sense when you were calling 91 names, you did a better job spelling then too
            If you don't want to know the answer, shut your trap and dont ask questions. typical busy body

Comment

all-Minnesota fourth line of Maloney, Landman and Simon
              Anybody have the 1-3rd lines? Didn't get them the other night.

Also the D' pairings?

Comment

Thats exactly what we have been telling you to do for quite a while.......so why not try it

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                  Thats exactly what we have been telling you to do for quite a while.......so why not try it
                  Lead by example

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                    Lead by example
                    You're going to be waging this pom-pom shaking campaign by yourself for a long while, because a few October wins don't erase the last 4 seasons of ineptitude from this coach -- and last year in particular. ONLY ONE OF THE WORST SEASONS IN THE HISTORY OF THIS PROGRAM. Where were you during it? Oh right, not here, that's for sure.

You want fans to get excited? How about winning games in-conference, not collapse in the month of February (like Army's teams do every year), and not just get into the playoffs (which by itself is not much of an accomplishment), but actually win a playoff round. And how about making up the 30 game hole just to get a .500 coaching record.

Until then, your post-game "glass is rising" comments, especially for OCTOBER hockey games, are ridiculous given the overall context of where this program is at. That's not being a naysayer, it's being realistic. And I think a lot of people believe Army would've been fired by this point if they didn't extend his deal through 2013 (for reasons nobody still, to date, has been able to provide a rational explanation for). If he was under his initial contract right now he wouldn't be here. Again, that's reality.

So be happy your guy is still in charge, but don't expect people to vote him Coach of the Year until he actually produces a full season -- perhaps even two in a row -- where fans have reason to. It's not like he just stepped in and all of a sudden the last 4 years are gone. This program's lowly stature, at the moment, is to a degree his doing...and it's going to take an awful lot to undo it.
                    Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 10-26-2009, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by D.Leo View Post
                      all-Minnesota fourth line of Maloney, Landman and Simon
                      Anybody have the 1-3rd lines? Didn't get them the other night.

Also the D' pairings?
                      Cavanaugh-Jamnick-Bergland
                      Farrar-Mackinnon-O'Connor
                      Kremyer-Germain-Eppich
                      Fayne-Velischek
                      New-Brown
                      Baier-Smith

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
                        You want fans to get excited?
                        Would you be referring to yourself here?
                        I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                          So now you're ripping off a Scooby gimmick? I think that one comes from the book of "How to Not Win Friends and Influence People on USCHO."
                          Hokydad and Dirty really have to start posting on the same thread. That's going to be a riot.

HM2000- Ah, that's the reason there's no parade down Admiral Street today?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

They cancelled the parade again.......

Comment

HM2000- Ah, that's the reason there's no parade down Admiral Street today?
                              lol. I think the usual suspects showed up with the ticker tape, but nobody else appeared.

Are we at 59.595959589595959595999% yet and rising?
                              Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 10-26-2009, 03:15 PM.

Comment

I waited in front of the fire station and the parade never came by........

Comment

Working...
                                X