X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun to watch

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...st_talked.html

Re: Fun to watch

There was a similar video of a young (about the same age) Texas Attack player performing that move floating around a couple of years back. Even made the local network TV news here! (And I'm NOT in Texas)
    There is no right way to do the wrong thing.

U19AAAA Forever!

Comment

That's just absolutely sick (in a fun way, though ), though it brings back memories of the Mike Legg goal for Michigan from 1996 against my beloved Gopher men (I was at that game, and it's bad enough that that goal is featured in Enterprise Rent-a-Car commercials ).

I was also at the Minnesota Wild game a few years back when Pierre-Marc Bouchard scored on the spin-o-rama in the shootout against Chicago.
      Last edited by CrazyDave; 10-15-2009, 06:52 PM.
      Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
      Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
      Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Since Michigan's Mike Legg scored with a similar move against BC, I don't think there has been a day I have been in a rink where I haven't seen someone trying to do that move, be it a Squirt or a D1 player.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
          Since Michigan's Mike Legg scored with a similar move against BC, I don't think there has been a day I have been in a rink where I haven't seen someone trying to do that move, be it a Squirt or a D1 player.
          That was against Minnesota (as I referenced earlier), not BC. It was an NCAA Quarterfinal game in East Lansing, and I was there with the Gopher pep band.
          Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
          Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
          Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

I still prefer Colin Hemingway's "riding the broom stick" top shelf goal vs PC over the Legg goal.

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8z3Yk99yrak&hl=en&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8z3Yk99yrak&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
            113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by rinkrat890890 View Post
              Fun to watch.
              How about Choirboy's favorite?

Originally posted by Choirboy
              Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                Agreed.

But when I clicked the link, it took me to a page about pumpkin whoppie pies. weird.

I like this one...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgdlejlZAQ0...Reminds me of half the Eagles goals.
                Last edited by RStarr; 10-15-2009, 11:01 PM.
                (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

Originally posted by GHF View Post
                  There was a similar video of a young (about the same age) Texas Attack player performing that move floating around a couple of years back. Even made the local network TV news here! (And I'm NOT in Texas)
                  One of my D's teammates scored a goal like that in a final of a tournament. She lifted the puck onto the stick just after gaining the blueline, skated around a stunned D with it, stick waist high with the puck on it, spun to the inside when hitting the top of the circle and fired it short side high in the net. This is quite a few years ago at Peewee AA (Girls U12). The amateur footage, off much lesser quality in those days, made it all the way to Canada AM (National Syndicate Network Daily Morning Show).
                  Last edited by OnMAA; 10-15-2009, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                    She lifted the puck onto the stick just after gaining the blueline, skated around a stunned D with it, stick waist high with the puck on it, spun to the inside when hitting the top of the circle and fired it short side high in the net.
                    The ref should have given her two minutes for travelling!

Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Loosely referred to as "carrying the puck on your stick" in several rule and handbooks...makes me laugh because i don't think they ever really intended carrying and meant propelling instead.
                      Without mutual respect for all participants, our game will slowly self-destruct...

Comment

Originally posted by RStarr View Post

But when I clicked the link, it took me to a page about pumpkin whoopie pies. weird.
                        FYP

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, get in my belly!

Comment

Watch the poor little goalie's reaction.....he shrugs helplessly then looks over at the ref as if to say WTH???
                          Last edited by goaliedad35; 10-16-2009, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RStarr View Post
                            But when I clicked the link, it took me to a page about pumpkin whoppie pies.

Sa-WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!
                            Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by goaliedad35 View Post
                              Watch the poor little goalie's reaction.....he shrugs helplessly then looks over at the ref as if to say WTH???
                              I know, and they replay the goalies reaction in slow mo like 20 times. lol.
                              (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

Working...
                              X