Bentley v/s Northeastern, Fri 10/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bentley v/s Northeastern, Fri 10/16

These 2 teams played last yr in a 4-1 Huskies win, but (as i mentioned in our season thread), i thought the Falcons skated pretty well.

Have you lost/ gained on defense since then? How is your goaltending situation? I think NU will win.. but no blowout as i will give your D credit from last yr. Any snipers we shoud know about? As you know for us.. we lost Brad Thiessen to the pros along with other seniors like Ryan Ginand & Joe Vitale. We did get some promising freshman & they have skated very well our first 2 gms, yet we did lose one of our best skaters - Steve Quailer (who played well against you last yr).. to an ACL injury in an exhibition gm 10 days ago.

Well, how does your team look this year Bentley fans? Have you had any reg or exhibition gms so far? I thought we should have won our gm last yr by more than a couple goals but your defense was pretty good (my opinion). Thiessen wasn't too shabby either. We do have a new tender... he's settling down. He's no Thiessen...
    yet
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Re: Bentley v/s Northeastern, Fri 10/16

I posted this in the NU season thread, but it probably fits better here.

I'm not sure who Bentley lost (or gained, for that matter) after last season, but they were playing some really good hockey for the second half of last season. They skated well and had pretty good patience. I saw them in a February series against Air Force and they looked really good that weekend and handed AFA one of their four conference losses of the entire season. So if they pick up where they left off last year, they'll be tough. One thing for sure: the AHA is not a laughing stock these days.
    Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
    -dggoddard

Comment

They lost a lot after last season. Basically their entire front line was lost to graduation. Coach says that D-men will be more involved in scoring this year(and they will have to be.) Definitely a rebuilding year. One bright spot is the return of some good goaltending in Rank and Calvi.

Unless someone really steps up, this could be a long year. :-(
      Bentley University Hockey
      On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

If Bentley fans do treck down from Waltham for the game, the atmosphere atleast should be worth the trip, it's our home opener so the place should be a bit more packed than the game between these two squads last year at Matthews.
        Arenas Attended
        Matthews Arena
        Agganis Arena
        Tsongas Arena
        Lawler Arena
        Schneider Arena
        Mullins Center
        TD Banknorth Garden
        Conte Forum
        Whittemore Center
        Gutterson Fieldhouse
        Alfond Arena
        Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Speaking of hitting the road

what do you guys generally do for away game tickets? I'll have my car at NU this year and i'd love to start making the trip to away games this season. Any way to get them at blackman?Any student rates?
          Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Originally posted by choog View Post
            Speaking of hitting the road

what do you guys generally do for away game tickets? I'll have my car at NU this year and i'd love to start making the trip to away games this season. Any way to get them at blackman?Any student rates?
            No student rates, but they do sell them at Blackmon. I usually go the Monday or Tuesday before the game but it doesn't hurt to try the prev Friday.

Comment

Awesome, thanks

What does it usually cost?
              Northeastern University, Class of 2012

GO NU

Comment

Awesome, thanks

Every arena is different but generally in the 15-20 range. Some are higher (BU is close to 30 for example) some are lower (Providence is like 10 I think). Don't forget the Lowell family pack.

Add in parking and gas and it's still not a brutal night. Get a couple guys to split the gas and parking and it's even better.

For like Burlington and Orono you can usually find a crappy motel for around 30 a night, once again split four ways and it's really not all that much.
                MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

Awesome, thanks

Whatever that arena would cost.

I know last year for the game at bc it was actually cheaper to have someone run to chestnut hill and buy tickets through them, since they were offering some kind of family pack to fill the arena (it was spring break). and when I've bought tixx at Merrimack they've always given me the student rate of 50% off. Those tickets would be normal price through NU.

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
                    I posted this in the NU season thread, but it probably fits better here.

I'm not sure who Bentley lost (or gained, for that matter) after last season, but they were playing some really good hockey for the second half of last season. They skated well and had pretty good patience. I saw them in a February series against Air Force and they looked really good that weekend and handed AFA one of their four conference losses of the entire season. So if they pick up where they left off last year, they'll be tough. One thing for sure: the AHA is not a laughing stock these days.
                    Agree.. and i wasn't aware that Bentley lost a lot to graduation.. (going by what 'schiegs' said), otherwise (or inspite, i should say).. i still think this a close gm.

I'll say NU 5 (eng) Bentley 3 (Rawlings looked good in Colorado/ Gm2... now he's gotta get over opening night jitters & attention from the home crowd )
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

The student section needs to show Rawlings support from the very beginning. Maybe when they come out for warmups we should do a Rawlings chant to get things going.
                      Go Huskies!

Comment

If this offense is going to convince me that they can get it done this season, they need to put up 6 goals this weekend.
                        Originally posted by owslachief
                        Furthermore, here are the best predictors of particular leagues:

Hockey East (9 points) ... sameoldfury

Comment

Originally posted by sameoldfury View Post
                          If this offense is going to convince me that they can get it done this season, they need to put up 6 goals this weekend.
                          That's easily the part of the team I'm least worried about.
                          Matthews Arena:
                          Originally posted by UMLGoon
                          "you know a team's awful when the main selling point, even to its own fans, is 'our rink predates electricity'"

Comment

Agreed; offense has looked good so far and they even had 2 PPGs at Colorado. I also like the idea of supporting Rawlings from the start of warmups. There's nothing like having 3,000 fans chant your name to give you a little confidence.
                            Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

Originally posted by NUHuskies View Post
                              The student section needs to show Rawlings support from the very beginning. Maybe when they come out for warmups we should do a Rawlings chant to get things going.
                              ..sounds good.

How about every time he makes a sick save.. you yell

"THAT'S JUST (wrong) !! RAW !!!!!!!"...... (hey, i'm trying)
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                              X