Colorado College @ Wisconsin - KC opening to the Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado College @ Wisconsin - KC opening to the Doors

Wisconsin's 1st test, can we get off to a better start then last year although it wouldn't take much.

Colorado College has a couple more games under there belt will that be an advantage against wisconsin who just has 2 Red vs White scrimmages??

Drop the puck and lets get it on...
    The Quest For 7

Re: Colorado College @ Wisconsin - KC opening to the Doors

Looking foward to watching the Friday game on TV. Badger fans may want to keep their eye on #27, Freshman, William Rapuzzi. He shined in both games against Northeastern this past weekend. Bill Sweatt has started the season a complete gear faster than other players on the ice.

If the Tigers start slow in either first period game they could be in trouble.

Go Tigers!!
    World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

I think Bill Sweatt's hands have finally caught up with his feet. In the past 3 years his breakout speed usually ended up with nothing (except a hooking or holding penalty). He couldn't get a shot on goal or his feed pass would miss.

In his first game this year (exhibition) he got a hat trick, and a goal and assist in his second game. He is bigger and stronger this year. He decided to come back in his senior year to complete his degree before going pro.

This will be his break out season! With Rapuzzi as a linemate - watch out for the Tigers this year.

Comment

I agree that the first series of the season was very positive for CC. I think they only had one bad period all weekend. It will be interesting to see who Owens goes with in net. My guess is Howe on Friday and depending on how that goes maybe Stremmel on Saturday. Too bad he was sick last weekend. I would like to see him get some game action soon.

Comment

Should be a couple of great games. Wish I could be there...Go Badgers!

I'll be at the Air Force games this weekend, getting my hockey fix. Hopefully we can get Fairchild and Sellers back to full strength!

CCtig,
          I'll be at both Wisconsin games in January...maybe I'll see ya there.

Comment

The WI lines will be really interesting to see, Eaves has enough F on the roster that he can put together 5 full lines. I would be shocked to see Meuer play. Other than that, nothing would surprise me.

The 3rd pair on the D pairing will be interesting to see as well. I hope to see Johnson and Schultz playing along with all studs from last year.

I expect Gudmandson to get the Friday start in goal and Bennett to get the Saturday start. As good as Gudmandson has looked in the scrimmages, I think Eaves will want to see Bennett under real fire.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bullitt View Post

I'll be at the Air Force games this weekend, getting my hockey fix. Hopefully we can get Fairchild and Sellers back to full strength!

CCtig,
              Go UAH!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                The WI lines will be really interesting to see, Eaves has enough F on the roster that he can put together 5 full lines. I would be shocked to see Meuer play. Other than that, nothing would surprise me.

The 3rd pair on the D pairing will be interesting to see as well. I hope to see Johnson and Schultz playing along with all studs from last year.

I expect Gudmandson to get the Friday start in goal and Bennett to get the Saturday start. As good as Gudmandson has looked in the scrimmages, I think Eaves will want to see Bennett under real fire.
                Should be a very confident badger hockey team. Not a lot of uncertainty on UW's roster with almost everyone returning. I think there is enough talent and playmakers on the blue line to fill in for McBain pointing the Powerplay, besides Gardiner pointed the 2nd unit for most of last year. Also fro the scrimmages it looks like a little bit of a different powerplay system then with McBain last year. If Eaves rolls all 4 lines both nights Colorado College will have a difficult time matching up and defending our Depth, specially late in the games.

there is a little bit of a question in goal for some people, however I don't think there is. I'm really excited about the goalie situation we have, i think we will have great goaltending this year...
                The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by Bullitt View Post

CCtig,
                  Excellent Steve, I'll look for you good buddy!
                  World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Is it Friday yet!!!?? I can't wait for the season to start!!

Comment

Does Wisconsin have any injuries right now or are they healthy for the start of their season? CC will be without Andreas Vlassopoulos as he is out with a knee injury this weekend.

Comment

UW Lines:

?? - Street - Mitchell (most recently, Eaves has been alternating Davies/Turnbull on RW)
                        Bohmbach - Geoffrion - P Johnson
                        Murray - Stepan - C Smith
                        Dolan - Bendickson - Grotting

Please please please put Davies on the 1st line!

I really like the Stephan Line. If that is the 3rd line, they will be hard to handle for most other teams' 3rd lines.

Same goes for the Bendickon line in regards to other teams' 4th lines.

D pairings:

Goloubef - Schultz
                        B Smith - Ramage
                        McDonagh - Gardiner

Ramage over Craig Johnson is a bummer. Johnson looked pretty darn good last year. He played well defensively and picked his spots here and there to make an offensive play. I know Ramage is a stay at home guy, which makes sense to be paired with Smith, but to me Johnson is just a more seasoned Ramage.

No injuries, just Derek Lee not playing (a super talented Freshman) due to transcript issues.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

UW Lines:

?? - Street - Mitchell (most recently, Eaves has been alternating Davies/Turnbull on RW)
                          Bohmbach - Geoffrion - P Johnson
                          Murray - Stepan - C Smith
                          Dolan - Bendickson - Grotting

Please please please put Davies on the 1st line!

I really like the Stephan Line. If that is the 3rd line, they will be hard to handle for most other teams' 3rd lines.

Same goes for the Bendickon line in regards to other teams' 4th lines.

D pairings:

Goloubef - Schultz
                          B Smith - Ramage
                          McDonagh - Gardiner

Ramage over Craig Johnson is a bummer. Johnson looked pretty darn good last year. He played well defensively and picked his spots here and there to make an offensive play. I know Ramage is a stay at home guy, which makes sense to be paired with Smith, but to me Johnson is just a more seasoned Ramage.

No injuries, just Derek Lee not playing (a super talented Freshman) due to transcript issues.
                          Where did you get these, i have something a little different from a few of the guys....
                          The Quest For 7

Comment

I really like the Stephan Line.
                            Not to get all con1977 (just kidding con, we lova ya, come back!) on you, but it's STEPAN. Thank you.

Comment

Found a video add for FS Wisconsin for the game Friday night against CC. Wonder if it will be Wisconsin announcers or if its just going to be the FS Rocky Mountain Crew doing the game and FS wisconsin gets the feed?????
                              The Quest For 7

Comment

Working...
                              X