N_c_h_a (009'-010' A.d.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: N_c_h_a (009'-010' A.d.)

I was at the game and I have to disagree. Rf Depth is there strength. RF played the last half the game almost a man down with 25 minutes of penaltys Just by RF alone. rf has given up 1 pp goal the entire year, but the rf goaltender was great. Rf also had one of there leading scorers yuel out this weekend with a knee.
    Last edited by bladesofsteel; 11-15-2009, 03:59 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=bladesofsteel;4466406]I was at the game and I have to disagree. Rf Depth is there strength. RF played the last half the game almost a man down with 25 minutes of penaltys Just by RF alone. rf has given up 1 pp goal the entire year, but the rf goaltender was great. Rf also had one of there leading scorers yuel out this weekend with a knee.[/QUOTE

Time will tell, but I thought they looked tired, down a man or not as the season goes on I bet they will struggle on Saturdays and teams typically do take more penalties when they're tired. It will be fun to see how they do.

Comment

I think in D3 it is more common that you do not have quality depth after the 3rd line in my opinion. Best teams may be able to roll all 3 lines but most will have to shorten the bench in a pinch.

The back up or 2nd golaie that RF come in, Babcock?, I thought did a stand up job. Not being there I don`t know if the Falcons take undisiplined stupid penalties or had some bad calls as mentioned before in other posts.

I haven`t had a chance to see River Falls play alot yet with it being so early but they seem to be ateam that yiou can`t count out and they will some how even in an unorthodox way come back or at least give you a good show. I want to see them play St.Norberts

Comment

Right now Rf seems to be a team that does take some dum penaltys and they will not be able to do that against teams like norbs. If they do norbs will eat them alive. fridays game against eau claire was cleaner for RF but then with 2 minutes left they take a penalty and calleja got a shorty with 30 seconds left to go in the game to win it. Cant keep taking penaltys and especially in crucial times and keep winning forever. norbs and RF i think a split for RF would be big but they will need to stay out of the box which could be key. Look what happened to point when they played norbs and took penaltys, ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by bladesofsteel View Post
            Cant keep taking penaltys and especially in crucial times and keep winning forever. norbs and RF i think a split for RF would be big but they will need to stay out of the box which could be key. Look what happened to point when they played norbs and took penaltys, ouch.
            Is St Norbets a team so far this year that takes very few penalties and whenthe opposing team does take a penalty is St Norberts PP really productive so far this season? I will have to look it up but doesn`t River Falls have one one or two goals scored on their PK? Need to research that as well

Comment

Im going to have to disagree with Blugold Hockey, I thought both Friday and Saturday nights the Blugolds seem fatigued in the 3rd periods, after coming out in my opinion extremely strong in the 1sts, they seemed to tail off as the 2nd period wound down.

I think the Blugolds could benifit from rolling more lines, especially as the games go on to keep guys fresh as time passes. Because this early in the season and a tired team is going to struggle to remain fresh as time goes on.

Does anyone know why Brigl didnt play this weekend? (Stephenson played out of his mind, and one could only think that this poses a big goaltending battle as the season goes on).

Road sweep this weekend
              Blugold Hockey: 0 conference championships, 0 NCAA tournament appearances

Comment

Originally posted by UWEC Blugold Hockey View Post
                Im going to have to disagree with Blugold Hockey, I thought both Friday and Saturday nights the Blugolds seem fatigued in the 3rd periods, after coming out in my opinion extremely strong in the 1sts, they seemed to tail off as the 2nd period wound down.

I think the Blugolds could benifit from rolling more lines, especially as the games go on to keep guys fresh as time passes. Because this early in the season and a tired team is going to struggle to remain fresh as time goes on.

Does anyone know why Brigl didnt play this weekend? (Stephenson played out of his mind, and one could only think that this poses a big goaltending battle as the season goes on).

Road sweep this weekend
                R u sure you're not confusing the UWEC Women's team that played their game earlier in the afternoon? The men's team was out shot 18-9 in the first period on Sat. I wouldn't say that would be a start that too many teams would be proud of. They did end up outshooting Falls 41 /35 holding Falls to 7 shots in the 2nd and 6 shots in the 3rd while posting 15 shots in the 2nd and 15 in the 3rd. Not too bad for a tired team against the country's 6th best team. I think their legs were just fine and you were busy watching the EC girls instead of the game :-).

Comment

[QUOTE=Collegeman;4468263]Is St Norbets a team so far this year that takes very few penalties and whenthe opposing team does take a penalty is St Norberts PP really productive so far this season? I will have to look it up /QUOTE]
                  SNC PP = 23.8%....the six for eight on Fri nite vs Point, bumped it up over 20%.....O'Brien has been solid in net, allowing just 1.04 goals per game.
                  As a team, SNC has allowed 1.14 in seven games...
                  Any 'white out' nites planned this weekend at River??
                  SNC Men:
                  Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                  NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                  SNC Women:
                  O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Collegeman View Post
                    Is St Norbets a team so far this year that takes very few penalties and whenthe opposing team does take a penalty is St Norberts PP really productive so far this season? I will have to look it up but doesn`t River Falls have one one or two goals scored on their PK? Need to research that as well
                    Who is this St Norbets you speak of?
                    "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blugold Hockey View Post
                      R u sure you're not confusing the UWEC Women's team that played their game earlier in the afternoon? The men's team was out shot 18-9 in the first period on Sat. I wouldn't say that would be a start that too many teams would be proud of. They did end up outshooting Falls 41 /35 holding Falls to 7 shots in the 2nd and 6 shots in the 3rd while posting 15 shots in the 2nd and 15 in the 3rd. Not too bad for a tired team against the country's 6th best team. I think their legs were just fine and you were busy watching the EC girls instead of the game :-).
                      Definitely not watching womens hockey, you really like that eh? Hey I guess I was just saying what I saw.
                      Blugold Hockey: 0 conference championships, 0 NCAA tournament appearances

Comment

[QUOTE=pete99race;4468512]
                        Is St Norbets a team so far this year that takes very few penalties and whenthe opposing team does take a penalty is St Norberts PP really productive so far this season? I will have to look it up /QUOTE]
                        SNC PP = 23.8%....the six for eight on Fri nite vs Point, bumped it up over 20%.
                        All true, but remember that the PP numbers for St. Norbert were pretty dismal before the UWSP game. It always seems to take SNC a while to get the PP going while they monkey around with pairings...
                        NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion: 2006-2007, 2007-2008, 2008-2009, 2009-2010
                        Last Person Standing Champion: 2014-2015

St. Norbert
                        National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014
                        NCAA Runner-Up: 2004, 2006, 2010, 2016
                        NCAA Frozen Four: 2003, 2007, 2017
                        NCAA Final Eight: 1997-1999, 2002, 2005, 2013
                        NCHA Peters/Harris Cup: 1998, 1999, 2003-2005, 2007, 2008, 2010-14, 2017, 2018
                        NCHA Champions: 1997-1999, 2002-2008, 2010-12, 2014, 2016

Comment

http://www.collegehockeystats.net/09...s/mwspwsr1.d05
                          Two Pointer and Jacket players each, will miss next Friday's NCHA game due to their post game tussle last night!!!!!
                          SNC Men:
                          Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                          NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                          SNC Women:
                          O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

[QUOTE=pete99race;4504520]http://www.collegehockeystats.net/09...s/mwspwsr1.d05
                            Two Pointer and Jacket players each, will miss next Friday's NCHA game due to their post game tussle last night!!!!![/QUOTI

With Erstad out Point should be able to play 5x5 for at least 4-6 more mins Friday night. Looks like he's taking 2-3 penalties a night. Lucky break for them.

Comment

Well a third of the way thru the seaon just before holiday brea and with Norbert losing and CSS doing well, and Superior overcoming a bad start the race is tightening up. After next weekend those two go at it and that will really shape up the race. If CSS sweeps that could secure a race between Norbert, CSS and River Falls. Not sure how much better the Green Knights can improve but I do think RF youth will make strides and CSS as well but not sure if CSS can make huge gains, haven`t watched then yet. Stevens Pointe and Eau Claire could be spoilers if top teams take them litely on a weekend after holiday break.

Comment

Well a third of the way thru the seaon just before holiday brea and with Norbert losing and CSS doing well, and Superior overcoming a bad start the race is tightening up. After next weekend those two go at it and that will really shape up the race. If CSS sweeps that could secure a race between Norbert, CSS and River Falls. Not sure how much better the Green Knights can improve but I do think RF youth will make strides and CSS as well but not sure if CSS can make huge gains, haven`t watched then yet. Stevens Pointe and Eau Claire could be spoilers if top teams take them litely on a weekend after holiday break.
                                i agree, next weekend could be a maker or breaker for a few ncha teams. stout and superior will need to work hard, forget the previous weekends losses to ncha basement teams, and regain momentum. a few teams have golden opportunities to take and hold second place heading into break. that would be huge for these programs.

Matchups:
                                (UW-EC @ UW-SP) I'll give the nod to the blugolds, taking all 4 points. blueline and forechecks top notch. scoring is slow slow slow though.

(UW-ST @ UW-RF) Stout needs at least 2 points. i think they'll get 4.

(UWS @ CSS) Rival weekend up at Mars. competitive matchup, UWS netminder must play well. Way to late in the season for goalie indecision. I will say split weekend 2/2.

That puts the blue devils safely in second for the break with most others nearby. Can't wait to see what happens!
                                The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

Working...
                                X