X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread Part the One

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    ZCohen hits a post in the 3rd. rebound across the ice right to Vincent off the lw circle. wait.. 1-one thousand, 2-one thousand. shoot. of course he misses the side of a barn.. but over and over it's the same result. HE.CAN.NOT.PULL.THE.TRIGGER. that's what his job requires. if he can't do it, don't put a kid in a situation where he is destined to fail.
    That play drove me mental! Even with his waiting for what seemed to be a full minute to take a shot, I think he still could have (and should have) scored.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      With the exception of Colby Cohen's three rockets and a few Chiasson snipes, does BU have any true "goal scorer" goals this year? Can anyone else on this team shoot?
      Yes, someone can. He just needs to re-condition himself since he hasn't played in a while. Until then he'll make the forwards who couldn't hit a barn look great.

I of course mean Ross Gaudet.
      Boston University 2009 Champs
      Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        That play drove me mental! Even with his waiting for what seemed to be a full minute to take a shot, I think he still could have (and should have) scored.
        his favorite spot too. i'm surprised he doesn't melt the ice with all the time he stands there waiting, his body heat must create a puddle.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

his favorite spot too. i'm surprised he doesn't melt the ice with all the time he stands there waiting, his body heat must create a puddle.
          Like this quote from Connolly about his first goal, Vinny should take a page out of his book:

"So, I was getting ready to shoot the puck and I had an open net. I told myself, 'If I miss that, I may as well just leave the ice and go get undressed.'"
          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

I picked up on this on numerous occasions last season as well. Lil' Saponari has a really hard time pulling the trigger if the puck is not laying absolutely flat. Taking the extra second to settle the puck gives the goalie enough time to square himself to the shot. Maybe he needs to channel his alter-ego Vinny Saporino

Comment

Should be in the alumni thread, but what the hay....has Colin WIlson been sent down? I haven't seen his name on the box score rosters for a couple games now.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                Should be in the alumni thread, but what the hay....has Colin WIlson been sent down? I haven't seen his name on the box score rosters for a couple games now.
                Re-injured his groin, should be back in a few days.
                Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

He was actually back in Boston last week(end?) for treatment. He got his ring when he was in town.

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                    Re-injured his groin, should be back in a few days.
                    whenever i read "groin injury", i always think of Sam (and with the release of the beanpot trot - very apropos)

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QxaQ9cKYQXo&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QxaQ9cKYQXo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

How long until Donnelly can sign a LOI?

Comment

whenever i read "groin injury", i always think of Sam (and with the release of the beanpot trot - very apropos)

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QxaQ9cKYQXo&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QxaQ9cKYQXo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                        A+
                        time to write new history

Comment

I swear I thought of the EXACT same thing when I read the response. Of course I would not have the ability to find the video, so yes, nicely done!
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Holy ****, Ted Danson!

Comment

So we finally dropped out of the top 20, thank goodness because this team really doesn't deserve to be ranked. Can't go anywhere but up from here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                                So we finally dropped out of the top 20, thank goodness because this team really doesn't deserve to be ranked. Can't go anywhere but up from here.
                                Dude, don't say that. (see: Maine)

Comment

Working...
                                X