X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread Part the One

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
    Missing Bonino hurts, but if we get through this weekend against UML without dropping both games, it might not be the worst thing for everyone else. Having the other forwards get into an offensive rhythm is a good thing, rather than depending on Nick for all of our offense.
    Good point. Somebody at the game made the statement (might've been shrader or Babbitt) that they haven't put it together yet but that's to be expected. The Michigan game and a couple of minutes of the Notre Dame game showed what they can do, its a matter of getting more consistant. I think Bonino has played well, as well as some others here and there, but perhaps a more complete effort instead of waiting for a star player to step up will be good in the short term (obviously the sooner he gets back the better).
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Brett Bennett Posts a SO on friday against Minn St. in a 6-0 win... Seems to be progressing well in madison
      The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
        Brett Bennett Posts a SO on friday against Minn St. in a 6-0 win... Seems to be progressing well in madison
        There's a Minn St?
        Boston University 2009 Champs
        Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

My god, he's going to break the record before Thanksgiving at this rate:

Eric Gryba entered the season needing 52 penalty minutes to break Freddy Meyer’s all-time BU record.

3 games into the season he already has 21, and now stands a mere 31 minutes away from the top spot.

We need a Cal Ripken-like warehouse-with-giant-countdown-numbers thing for this. Someone get a commemorative Tshirt ready.
          Boston University Hockey
          1971 1972 1978 1995 2009

Comment

My philosophy on Bennett is the same as IIRC a Dodgers team advisor about an unnamed player in the Mitchell Report, I'm paraphrasing: He made our team and got offered the contract scholarship he did because he was on steroids working his a** off, now that he feels comfortable here he has stopped taking steroids working his a** off, however, if we trade cut him he will feel scorned and start taking steroids working his a** off in an attempt to get back at us.

So I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has a completely different work ethic, at least initially, than he did at BU, and I'm really not rooting for him to fail, I have no reason to. Also the situation worked itself out absolutely perfectly for BU fans so I have no idea why you keep trying to bring him up. He is not exactly the one who got away in any of our minds, and never will be.

Comment

So the Gryba 5 minute was deserved and the Michigan one wasn't? For the people who were there?
              Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                So the Gryba 5 minute was deserved and the Michigan one wasn't? For the people who were there?
                Both were deserved as far as I'm concerned.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by FourAnd0 View Post
                  They were calling everything super tight (including offsides, hand passes, etc.), which led to more than 1 penalty which wasn't a penalty.
                  yeah, I hate when the refs make those judgmental calls on ticky tacky infractions like offsides and handpasses! and I definitely hate when they give you a penalty for them!!!
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown6 View Post
                    My god, he's going to break the record before Thanksgiving at this rate:

Eric Gryba entered the season needing 52 penalty minutes to break Freddy Meyer’s all-time BU record.

3 games into the season he already has 21, and now stands a mere 31 minutes away from the top spot.

We need a Cal Ripken-like warehouse-with-giant-countdown-numbers thing for this. Someone get a commemorative Tshirt ready.
                    I think you might like the new feature on the left side of the blog.
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

he also shut out umass, maine, and providence over the last 3 of 4 weeks of his last regular season here.
                      time to write new history

Comment

my Battle of Comm Ave dvd is here.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Mine too!!

Comment

I bought it Saturday night. Just about to pop it in.

Comment

Best start to a movie ever. (The first 2 Jewwy and Jack quotes)
                              Slaw. Counter-Slaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect8RowESeat15 View Post
                                Best start to a movie ever. (The first 2 Jewwy and Jack quotes)
                                That was good.

Also, I had never heard of the "Beanpot Trot". Hahahahahahaha.

Comment

Working...
                                X