X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread Part the One

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    My mistake on separated, dislocated is correct, OP edited. It is likely that Jack, as a coach, is more pessimistic and has to prepare for the worst and that's why his timetable is slightly longer than the one of person I spoke to.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
      My mistake on separated, dislocated is correct, OP edited. It is likely that Jack, as a coach, is more pessimistic and has to prepare for the worst and that's why his timetable is slightly longer than the one of person I spoke to.
      Pereira said he heard 3 as well, but that may have been from Parker, so...
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Just heard 2 weeks from someone who spoke with Nick's dad.
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
          Just heard 2 weeks from someone who spoke with Nick's dad.
          Nick's dad also told people it was a "bruised shoulder". Just saying.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

well, let's just hope Vincent gets back soon....
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

glad this game wasn't on tv for the rest of the nation to see how bad HEA refs are....

"clipping"?!?!? mich dude when down and gave a great hip check on zach. if zach wasn't 6'9", 1) zach wouldn't have done a cartwheel, and 2) he wouldn't have appeared to get him so low. awful call.

and the major CFB on michigan was awful from my view. looked like he got him in front. i thought it would be two because of the violent nature and it was near the wall... but certainly not a 5.

gryba's was a 5 though. if bernie said otherwise on the radio, well....
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                glad this game wasn't on tv for the rest of the nation to see how bad HEA refs are....

"clipping"?!?!? mich dude when down and gave a great hip check on zach. if zach wasn't 6'9", 1) zach wouldn't have done a cartwheel, and 2) he wouldn't have appeared to get him so low. awful call.

and the major CFB on michigan was awful from my view. looked like he got him in front. i thought it would be two because of the violent nature and it was near the wall... but certainly not a 5.

gryba's was a 5 though. if bernie said otherwise on the radio, well....
                Totally agree on the "clipping" (seriously, I've never heard that call in a hockey game)- that was as clean and as great of a hip check as you'll see.

As for the misconducts, I thought both Gryba and Brown deserved to be ejected. Both were dirty IMO. No room for that. Kampfer's shot after the whistle definitely warranted an ejection, too. I didn't realize he actually had been ejected until after the game because there was no minor or major penalty, just the game misconduct.

Comment

Nick's dad also told people it was a "bruised shoulder". Just saying.
                  Shoulder dislocations are in the category of injuries where the timetable is flexible based on pain tolerance and its impact on play. The danger of re-injury is low (although one is always more prone to dislocations if they've occurred previously), but swelling and pain is an issue. I'd guess Nick's dad would know when Nick will try to be back, but Parker's timetable is more conservative.
                  Boston University 2009 Champs
                  Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

In the grand scheme of things, isn't a dislocated shoulder better (so to speak) than a separated shoulder? You could tell as soon as he got hit that he did something to the shoulder.

Millan looked really sharp tonight, then let in that first goal. Given all the stops he made, to get beat on that goal was such a let down. I had my eyes closed on the 2nd one.

This was a big win tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                      Shoulder dislocations are in the category of injuries where the timetable is flexible based on pain tolerance and its impact on play. The danger of re-injury is low (although one is always more prone to dislocations if they've occurred previously), but swelling and pain is an issue. I'd guess Nick's dad would know when Nick will try to be back, but Parker's timetable is more conservative.
                      Also, Parker said they were going to be very cautious since it is his first time and they want to make sure it doesn't happen again. He made it sound like it if it got to the point where Bonino could maybe play through it, they'd hold him out another week just to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        In the grand scheme of things, isn't a dislocated shoulder better (so to speak) than a separated shoulder?
                        Absolutely. A dislocated shoulder will really only hurt if he gets hit while his arm's stretched out or raised up. It won't hurt if he hits someone or if someone hits him while his arms tucked. A separated shoulder hurts anytime there's contact.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          In the grand scheme of things, isn't a dislocated shoulder better (so to speak) than a separated shoulder? You could tell as soon as he got hit that he did something to the shoulder.

Millan looked really sharp tonight, then let in that first goal. Given all the stops he made, to get beat on that goal was such a let down. I had my eyes closed on the 2nd one.

This was a big win tonight.
                          Yes. They're a similar class of injury, but if it's separated it's completely out of the socket instead of just "off track." I missed the tumble to be honest, but this is big with the series vs. UML looming.

Kieran was very sharp. There were some rebounds, but the defense stepped up to block the second chances or lift sticks at just the right time. The first one was annoyingly sneaky. The second one was a nice pass and nice shot, but I couldn't tell if he got a piece of it.

I agree that this was a huge win. No doubt in my mind that Michigan showed how strong a team they have, especially in the 3rd period, but this game showed that this BU team still has a ton of talent, and when they put together a focused effort they were able to get a win. There are still errors to correct for sure, but this was great progression.
                          Boston University 2009 Champs
                          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Totally agree on the "clipping" (seriously, I've never heard that call in a hockey game)
                            And there was a "facemask" call earlier. Of course, my wife had to be at the game with me, asking all the usual hockey questions.

Explaining facemasking and clipping nearly put me on tilt when she said she thought those were for football.
                            Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                              And there was a "facemask" call earlier. Of course, my wife had to be at the game with me, asking all the usual hockey questions.

Explaining facemasking and clipping nearly put me on tilt when she said she thought those were for football.
                              Wow. Didn't even realize "grasping the facemask" was the official call on that. Are they just making up penalties now? And why was the "contact to the head - roughing" not just called "elbowing"?

When I played growing up, we had tripping, hooking, holding, holding the stick, slashing, elbowing, cross-checking, high-sticking and interference for minors. Anything that didn't fit into one of those categories but was clearly still a penalty was roughing.

Comment

So, I'm thinking it's gonna be a while before we see the regular home whites again.

Comment

Working...
                                X