• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread Part the One

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    nope
    *****http://www.chtg.net/NU/matthews_crowd2.jpg******
    hmmm. you'd guess a place that once housed the bruins would be ready to hoist as many banners for divisions and in-season tournament wins as they could.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
      So then wouldn't stating we won the beanpot in '09 be redundant?
      i'm not sure many people know this tidbit of info though

Comment

Last night was an example of vintage Parker getting his team ready for the first weeks of the season. I hope everyday he prays to the pictures of messrs Gilroy, Wilson, Higgy, JLaw, and Yip because they bought him another 5 to 10 years of a free ride. Time to resume 21st century futility and medicocrity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
          Last night was an example of vintage Parker getting his team ready for the first weeks of the season. I hope everyday he prays to the pictures of messrs Gilroy, Wilson, Higgy, JLaw, and Yip because they bought him another 5 to 10 years of a free ride. Time to resume 21st century futility and medicocrity.
          lol
          Last edited by RoughEmUp; 10-17-2009, 09:36 PM.
          Go BU!

Comment

*****http://www.liquidmatrix.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/mongo.png******

Gryba only pawn in game of life.
            Sons of old Massachusetts,
            Devoted daughters true,
            Bay State, old Bay State,
            We'll give our best to you.

Comment

So gryba ( or another dman) did score that winning goal? Looked like it, but it is far away for my old eyes to see ( and the video replay ther is somewhat lacking in quality)

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                Ahh, good to have this miserable SOB back, eh?
                I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

Just finished CC's highlights video and wanted to add ONE MORE recommendation to a very long list, absolutely incredible stuff, perfectly done, just what you wanted to remember the season with.

Between Battle of Comm Ave, the CC Highlights Video, and Burn the Books... we certainly have lots to be grateful for don't we?

One note... CC: Any chance of getting a soundtrack listing from the DVD, I'd love to get my hands on a couple of tracks I don't have and can't seem to figure out from the highlights!
                  Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                    Between Battle of Comm Ave, the CC Highlights Video, and Burn the Books... we certainly have lots to be grateful for don't we?
                    I did a radio show last week to promote the book, and one of the guys repeatedly called it Burn The Books. He was embarrassed, but I thought it was really funny! I finally said something about thinking I was now a character in Fahrenheit 451.

My favorite question that night: "So if BU did NOT win it all, how would that have changed the angle of the book?"

Answer: "The book wouldn't exist at all, so that's a pretty big change in the angle! I don't think people are interested in reading about the great team that almost won it all."

I went in to explain that I had been thinking about writing it since around January but always felt the idea was a non-starter unless they went all the way. So with four minutes left to play in DC, I was resigned to fact that I would not write any book at all!

www.buhockeybook.com

Comment

Originally posted by weighart View Post
                      .... So with four minutes left to play in DC, I was resigned to fact that I would not write any book at all!

www.buhockeybook.com
                      dude!!!

"destiny"

Comment

I am very encouraged by the play of the freshmen, especially Chiasson. And I totally agree with my south shore buddy Kennedy; Dainton was out of his mind. Maybe another Thiessen or Millan, even?

Also, Jackson is a great coach, he will have the team more than ready for Tuesday, especially after the embarrassment in Providence.

I'll be ready, too, get to see my only 2 games for the year in the opener and the Michigan game and am bringing along 5 family members to share the excitement!

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                          One note... CC: Any chance of getting a soundtrack listing from the DVD, I'd love to get my hands on a couple of tracks I don't have and can't seem to figure out from the highlights!
                          Thanks for the... thanks!

I'll send you a list of all the tracks.

I did a radio show last week to promote the book, and one of the guys repeatedly called it Burn The Books. He was embarrassed, but I thought it was really funny! I finally said something about thinking I was now a character in Fahrenheit 451.
                          Haha, hilarious.

Scott, I finished Burn the Boats the other day, marvelous job. Great to see all of the insights into the events in the locker room, and it was all very nicely woven together into a complete tale. This book offers a look into college hockey, the players, and Coach Parker that nothing else can offer. Great job!
                          Last edited by candycanes99; 10-19-2009, 09:23 AM.
                          Boston University 2009 Champs
                          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Just started BtB this morning on the way into work. Only on p. 25, but already have laughed at some of the insights and appreciated some of the behind the scenes stuff. (loved the description of Strait )

edit - anyone know when they're shipping the rivalry dvd?

edit 2 - added BtB to the weRead application on facebook.
                            Last edited by bostonewe; 10-19-2009, 10:59 AM.

Comment

I did a radio show last week to promote the book, and one of the guys repeatedly called it Burn The Books. He was embarrassed, but I thought it was really funny!
                              Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                              Scott, I finished Burn the Boats the other day, marvelous job.!
                              I actually managed to read all of these posts wondering why we were joking about calling it Burn the Books... before I realized it was all my fault (sieve).

Sorry, Scott... it was late and for some reason Burn the Books just flies off of my keyboard... I promise, I'm not a book burner.

<---Fail.
                              Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

former Terrier Sean Sullivan off to a really hot start for the San Antonio Rampage

10 points in 8 games (2G, 8A)

http://theahl.com/stats/player.php?id=1779
                                Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
                                when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
                                "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

Working...
                                X