• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Ten conference discussed, rejected

I just like the thread's title.

Comment

Why Are We Still Debating This?
      Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
        Because its on the schedule.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Cause your mom said it turns her on.

Or not, not that I've ever talked to her or anything...but in your face!
          UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
          2006 Time Person of the Year
          Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
          It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Because Andy Baggot is an idiot.

Comment

Why did you capitalize every word in that sentence?
              "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Good question. Someone should let that article writer know that we schedule the debate on the BTHC in July of the offseason, not right before the season starts.

Jeez.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Saw this in the Star Trib blog today.

* Lucia said there was a lot of talk about a Big Ten Conference this summer, but it is going nowhere at least until a sixth Big Ten school adds men's hockey.

Right now Minnesota and Wisconsin have teams, so does Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State of the CCHA. Five teams aren't enough for a viable conference.

The Big Ten Network is a prime mover and shaker in the conference scuttlebutt. It would love to be able to televise a Big Ten game on Friday night each week, especially after the football season ends, Lucia said. It has basketball games on Thursday and Saturday nights but a hole on Friday nights.
                  http://www.startribune.com/blogs/70605707.html

I have a question. If the Big 10 Network wants to broadcast hockey so bad on Friday nights why don't they do it now? Why do they need a conference?

Wisconsin has tons of games that are not televised.
                  Ohio State has games that are not televisied.
                  Michigan, Michigan State, etc.

Heck even this year the Michigan State/Minnesota Showcase game is not on TV.

They can't possibly want to televise this stuff that bad or they'd be doing it already. Tell me I'm wrong.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

They can't possibly want to televise this stuff that bad or they'd be doing it already. Tell me I'm wrong.
                    You are wrong. [but not about this]

Comment

I have a question. If the Big 10 Network wants to broadcast hockey so bad on Friday nights why don't they do it now? Why do they need a conference?

You're not. The last thing college hockey suffers from is overexposure on tv. Probably just goes back to power. The Big 10 can't stand having another organization controlling, at least in part, some of it's member schools.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I don't know if it's a "want to" or a "have to" but they're only broadcasting games between two Big Ten teams at this point. That's why the BTN basically forced the CCHA into pairing Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State in their proposed new league schedule.
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I'm all for a Big Ten conference. I'd rather play MU, MSU, and OSU than SCSU, UAA, MTU, etc. It would generate a lot more interest and get more games on TV. Sign me up.
                          Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                            I'm all for a Big Ten conference. I'd rather play MU, MSU, and OSU than SCSU, UAA, MTU, etc. It would generate a lot more interest and get more games on TV. Sign me up.
                            I don't think I've ever neg repped a Badger, but I may have to consider it in your case.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                              That's why the BTN basically forced the CCHA into pairing Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State in their proposed new league schedule.
                              Since you are apparently the only person who knows the future schedule, mind letting the rest of us in the CCHA know what it is?

Comment

Who is this Roman Augustoviz guy? It's his unattributed assertion that the BTN would love to televise more games, but ScoobyDoo is right. Facts speak for themselves. They aren't broadcasting the available games now. I call bullsh*t.

Comment

Working...
                                X