X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union at St. Cloud (10/16, 10/17) - Never Won vs. Never Been

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    This is awesome: It's no longer SCSU vs Union.

It's now RPI, SCSU, Minnesota, tUMD, MTU, NMU, PC, GVSU (thanks, Monster), UND, Cornell, against... one guy.

I don't see a single Union fan coming to his defense.
    Better make that Adrian Jon, GVSU don't even play college hockey, yet.

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
    It's time for UnionHockeyManiac mad libs. You fill in the blank.
    Check your rep and see if you don't pee your pants.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
      That's cool. You posted this on page 16 and no one responded so you figured, "****IT!!! I spent 3 HOURS on this...I MUST GET RESPONSE! IMA POST IT ON 17 TOOO!"

All I see in your post is:

"I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. I have no life. "
      You do realize that you're the one carrying on the arguement with him, so what does that make you??
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
        You do realize that you're the one carrying on the arguement with him, so what does that make you??
        It makes him a Union hockey maniac is what it does.
        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

I just googled "Union College Union" to see if there is any validity to this ranking arguement. Little surprise, as I found that Union is highly ranked among liberal arts schools. That is like being the best NAIA football team.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            I just googled "Union College Union" to see if there is any validity to this ranking arguement. Little surprise, as I found that Union is highly ranked among liberal arts schools. That is like being the best NAIA football team.
            UND is playing them on Saturday.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              You forgot to look for their respected MBA program.... with an average GMAT score of a "highly respectable" 547.... oh wait nevermind that's only in the top 50%...
              Originally posted by Mankato student
              Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
              "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
              -- Peter Klein

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
                You forgot to look for their respected MBA program.... with an average GMAT score of a "highly respectable" 547.... oh wait nevermind that's only in the top 50%...
                I don't want to know what St. Clouds is..

Comment

Hey, it could be just me, but after reading several posts, I'm getting the impression that Red Cloud is anti-Union.
                  Bob is making me concerned
                  I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                    I don't want to know what St. Clouds is..
                    Well scsu's MBA program is a joke and its at 499
                    Originally posted by Mankato student
                    Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                    "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                    -- Peter Klein

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                      Hey, it could be just me, but after reading several posts, I'm getting the impression that Red Cloud is anti-Union.
                      In more ways than the obvious.
                      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                        He's a Confederate!?

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                          He's a Confederate!?
                          Let the glorious War of Northern Aggression commence!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                            seem to enjoy typing in all caps
                            Sorta like your signature?

You'd think someone from such an elite institution to have a much more subdued offering.
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                              He's a Confederate!?
                              Those dang rebs! Is the saying that "The south is gonna rise again" some kind of erotic deal?
                              Bob is making me concerned
                              I am the voice of reason

Comment

A BRIEF HISTORY OF UNION HOCKEY
                                A RED CLOUD PRODUCTION

Part IV: Demanding Respect, Failing to Receive Any

2005 brought another glimmer of hope. The Dutch again hosted Clarkson in the first round of the ECAC playoffs, and after dropping Game 1 to make it 14 straight playoff losses, Union finally won a playoff game, beating the Golden Knights 2-1 in overtime in Game 2. But the broken record rolled on as the glimmer died the next night as Clarkson took the decisive Game 3. 14 years into their ECAC lives, Union still had yet to win a playoff series.

The following season, though, Union finally made the history books – although not in the way anyone would want to. Game 2 of their fourth consecutive home playoff series (this time against Yale) became the longest game in NCAA history. Fans from across the college hockey spectrum tuned in on the Internet to listen to history in the making. The teams battled into a fifth overtime – more than two full games worth of hockey. Yale’s Joe Zappala was sent off for hooking early in OT #5 to give Union a precious overtime power play. 20 seconds later, Yale’s David Meckler scored a short-handed goal to end the game, and Union’s season, giving the Dutchmen 17 losses in 19 total ECAC playoff games.

2007 saw a return to form for Union, finishing in last place in the ECAC. The Dutchmen were dispatched in consecutive games in the playoffs by Quinnipiac, a school in only their second season in the league since graduating from Atlantic Hockey. While the Dutch had suffered 16 years without ever advancing in the playoffs, the Bobcats did it in their very first season in 2006 (dispatching Union’s "arch-nemesis" in the process) and after beating Union, later came within minutes of upsetting Clarkson in the title game to win the ECAC championship, only highlighting the misery in Schenectady.

2008, however, was a revelation. The Dutchmen were suddenly considered an ECAC force beyond all historical belief, and they came through during the regular season, finishing in an all-time high fourth place and earning a first-round bye in the playoffs. Union’s few stalwarts debated whether this could be considered the Dutchmen’s first ever playoff triumph, but rational hockey fans knew they’d have to prove themselves in the second round in order to earn that honor. Sure enough, Union wasn’t going anywhere. After the week off, Cornell swept into Schenectady and swept out, leaving the Dutchmen as the only team swept in the second round that year, and leaving them with an all time playoff record of 2-23 in the post-season. Ultimately, the banner moment from the year came during the RPI game in Schenectady, when a intermission giveaway featuring thrown t-shirts turned ugly as a thrower couldn’t manage to clear the glass with a t-shirt, which was promptly run over by the zamboni, causing an on-ice breakdown.

Season #18 in Division I started with a reconnection to the all important RPI ties that Union had thrown away in 1977. Ben Barr, the man who had tortured the Dutchmen in the ’03 playoffs, was hired as an assistant coach, and the magic touch was finally found. Although the team slipped a bit from its fourth place finish of the previous season, the playoff monkey was partially cast off as the Dutchmen pounded Clarkson 5-3 and 7-2 to leave no doubt, advancing in the playoffs for the first time in their Division I history by doubling their all time playoff win total in a single weekend. And yet, the common thread of doors opening followed closely by doors slamming shut continued in the second round. Though Union increased its all-time playoff win total to an amazing five in Game 2 at Princeton, the Tigers scored 3 quick goals in the first period of Game 3 to dash any fantasies of a Union appearance in the ECAC Final Four.

Next: Coup de grâce
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X