Alaska Goal Rush: 10/16-17 UA_, UAA, RPI, RMU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska Goal Rush: 10/16-17 UA_, UAA, RPI, RMU

RPI goes north after a split against two hockey east teams. They really seemed on their game vs. UNH on Saturday, hopefully it can continue. Also, I hope that the parade to the penalty box stops, but that is probably too much to ask for.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Alaska Goal Rush: 10/16-17 UA_, UAA, RPI, RMU

If we play the way we did this weekend, we'll be fine! So far solid hockey.
    All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      RPI goes north after a split against two hockey east teams. They really seemed on their game vs. UNH on Saturday, hopefully it can continue. Also, I hope that the parade to the penalty box stops, but that is probably too much to ask for.
      Not just north but way west. I too worry about the penalty situation. We are starting to get a reputation for taking penalties-and refs are simple folk who continue doing as they have done. Once you get the rep for taking penalties they just assume you should get more of them. In the ECAC we dont have to worry so much-Kotyra will find things to call against us even if we play a ladylike game.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Well to be fair, RPI did pare the number penalties to 7 last night from 14 on Thursday...
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
          If we play the way we did this weekend, we'll be fine! So far solid hockey.
          That's an understatement. The question mark for UAF was goalie and scoring and it looks like scoring has improved and goalie looked solid. .983save% with .333GAA ... that should be 1.000 and .000 that 1 goal was a fluke. he is undefeated. I thought Mercyhurst looked ok against UAA but UAF just totally dominated with faster wheels and transition game.

I'm hoping RPI and RMU is a slower hitting team so we have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra View Post
            The question mark for UA_ was goalie and scoring and it looks like scoring has improved and goalie looked solid.
            Congrats on winning the UAA tourney. I'm sure the Seawolves want to pay you back and win yours, like last year. I wish UAA and UA_ were playing each other in these tournaments, and that they were a real tourney format with the winners playing the winners and losers playing losers.

Glad the games will be on TV, as we won't be able to make the trip north.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Not just north but way west. I too worry about the penalty situation. We are starting to get a reputation for taking penalties-and refs are simple folk who continue doing as they have done. Once you get the rep for taking penalties they just assume you should get more of them. In the ECAC we dont have to worry so much-Kotyra will find things to call against us even if we play a ladylike game.
              I think that RPI has gotten the reputation of taking penalties over many years.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Can't wait for puck to drop on this one. RMU played two exhibitions this weekend so it'll be their season opener. I've honestly got no idea what to expect, both Alaska teams look good, especially Fairbanks and the way they handled Mich and Mercyhurst was impressive. Here's to hoping RMU can get a good start to the season, it's not going to be easy.

This signature sucks!

Follow on twitter: @21stCenturySkiz

Comment

I'm excited for this weekend, but will not make any predictions, until I look into RMU and RPI further. I'm really excited to see RMU, due to the fact that I am originally from PA. My brother graduated from PITT, and I spent a lot of time in that city back in the day (I love Pittsburgh). I have followed RMU a little bit since they turned DI. I'm actually going to be in PA for a deer/pheasant hunting the first week of Nov! I will say I really like these tourney's (UAA's and UAF's). I like getting to see all of these different teams. Both Alaska teams will be tough. They are both well coached, and play with a lot of pride. They are quite different in many ways however, being built for different conferences. Both Alaska teams play on Olympic size sheets of ice (not a big change for UAA to come to the CC and play). What size sheet of ice do RMU and RPI play on? It should be a great weekend of hockey. Is anyone for RPI or RMU coming up for the games? If so, the weather has been awesome, and is supposed to be that way through the weekend.
                  All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

I'm excited for this weekend, but will not make any predictions, until I look into RMU and RPI further. I'm really excited to see RMU, due to the fact that I am originally from PA. My brother graduated from PITT, and I spent a lot of time in that city back in the day (I love Pittsburgh). I have followed RMU a little bit since they turned DI. I'm actually going to be in PA for a deer/pheasant hunting the first week of Nov! I will say I really like these tourney's (UAA's and UAF's). I like getting to see all of these different teams. Both Alaska teams will be tough. They are both well coached, and play with a lot of pride. They are quite different in many ways however, being built for different conferences. Both Alaska teams play on Olympic size sheets of ice (not a big change for UAA to come to the CC and play). What size sheet of ice do RMU and RPI play on? It should be a great weekend of hockey. Is anyone for RPI or RMU coming up for the games? If so, the weather has been awesome, and is supposed to be that way through the weekend.
                    RPI plays on a standard-sized sheet and often has trouble on bigger surfaces. Then again, over the past few years, the 'Tute has had trouble on any ice surface.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The last time RPI was in Alaska, we were able to get free video. Is that still available? And if not is there video available for a charge?
                      The bigger ice surface could be a problem if we continue to take penalties. If we stay out of the box, I don't think it will be as much of a problem.
                      Either way, York will play a big part in the outcome.
                      Any chance that Merriam might get a start?
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

Both Alaska teams play on Olympic size sheets of ice (not a big change for UAA to come to the CC and play). What size sheet of ice do RMU and RPI play on?
                        RMU play home games on the standard sheet, but their home arena also has an olympic sheet to practice on.

This signature sucks!

Follow on twitter: @21stCenturySkiz

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                          Any chance that Merriam might get a start?
                          Sure, there is a chance. Most likely scenario is if we lose the first game, however it seems more likely that we will see him a week later.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

looking foward to seein some hockey after that **** we played against michigan. Will be heading up that way friday morning, quick question though what's the start times for saturday?
                            Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

For UAA - Friday @ 4:05 PM. Saturaday @ 3:05 PM.
                              Alaska - My Very Big Back Yard!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X