X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU 2009-2010 Season

Originally posted by TimU View Post
    Hey Brian, Tayt, and Super Dave

Not to distract us all from SLU hockey or anything, but did you happen to catch the baseball game last night?
    Notice my signature
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
      I just happened to catch it, then watched postgame stuff until 3:00 AM. I'll just have to change my Name here to: "Got 27, Want More."
      Already beat you to it Muskie .
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
        Already beat you to it Muskie .
        Hi Vic, Good one on your part.

Please count the Smiles here: - Will Get More!!
        GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
          Notice my signature
          You're all right, Vic.

You know, for a Clarkson guy.

Comment

So the Yankees won with a payroll equal to about the Phillies and Angels combined. Wow, didn't know you could buy a trophy like that. I don't think the Yankees are charging enough for some of their best seats still.

Sorry...didn't even notice but did throw up on Wednesday night so that must have been my clue.

This is RED SOX NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
            1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
              So the Yankees won with a payroll equal to about the Phillies and Angels combined. Wow, didn't know you could buy a trophy like that. I don't think the Yankees are charging enough for some of their best seats still.

Sorry...didn't even notice but did throw up on Wednesday night so that must have been my clue.

Your nation is in Yankee Universe, however

Just got back from the parade, now off to Princeton. Will also be at Qpac tomorrow night, then up to Hartford to stay with a friend. Should be a fun weekend.

Mike, any chance of meeting up before the game for a couple drinks or something? I'm pretty limited on time afterwards, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post

It's probably a payroll that exceeds all of the rest of the teams combined. A very unfair system (football has it right IMO), but don't see it ever changing.
                Just wanted to get you going!
                GO SAINTS.

Comment

Great wins! Both the Yankees and the Saints.

Seriously, excellent start to the season. Great for Petizian to get a W under his belt.
                  GO SAINTS!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post

Mike, any chance of meeting up before the game for a couple drinks or something? I'm pretty limited on time afterwards, let me know.
                    Brandon........I am a bit under the weather. I went home sick today and at this point I am not sure I will even be able to make the Q Pac game. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
                    SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                      Brandon........I am a bit under the weather. I went home sick today and at this point I am not sure I will even be able to make the Q Pac game. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
                      Ah, ya there has been a second wave of stuff going around school that I've avoided thus far. Hopefully you feel up to it tomorrow.

Very solid 40 minutes by the Saints tonight. They were outplayed badly in the first, however Alex kept them in it with some great saves and some lucky bounces (the puck was bouncing quite a bit tonight). The second period was like a brand new team, and they popped 3 goals: great 2 on 1 conversion by Jerry and McKenzie, Drewiske made a great move just inside the zone on a quick rush that allowed him to get a quality shot off that Mobley tapped in, and Bogosian was the beneficiary of a defensive turnover from behind the net that allowed him to walk in and bury it.

The defense got burned a few times in the first where the Princeton forwards just deked them out of their shoes and got quality shots off, however the D played pretty well the rest of the way out. All 4 forward lines looked real good tonight after the first, where I'm not sure if it was getting their legs or what, but it wasn't pretty.

Should be an exciting game tomorrow night as well, with Q beating Clarkson and undoubtedly wanting more. The guys need to find a way to stay out of the box... there was just the one phantom call tonight on J. Keller for boarding to give Princeton the 5x3 at the end, however the others were either legitimate or I didn't see them. Most of the penalties tonight seemed like good calls though, which was a pleasant surprise.

Comment

Any opportunities to watch or listen to the game today other than the SLU broadcast?

Comment

Originally posted by justlookin' View Post
                          Any opportunities to watch or listen to the game today other than the SLU broadcast?
                          pretty certain that Qpac has a student radio station online... go check their thread.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            pretty certain that Qpac has a student radio station online... go check their thread.
                            Sure do... WQUN Online. I think there's video available through QuinnipiacBobcats.com as well.
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I say we chant "We want Greg" on the Blog until he comes back...

I called play-by-play in college and could probably hand SLU's broadcasts... at least it would be listenable.

Comment

Originally posted by SLUwriter View Post
                                I say we chant "We want Greg" on the Blog until he comes back...

I called play-by-play in college and could probably hand SLU's broadcasts... at least it would be listenable.
                                WE WANT GREG!
                                GO SAINTS!

Comment

Working...
                                X