X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU 2009-2010 Season

Originally posted by critsports View Post
    Ouch.........

Does anyone have anything positive to say that might cheer me up??? Because right now I'm not too excited or optimistic about our fortunes going forward.
    Sure, McKenzie played well. He is the one guy who I see fire in every game still.

After that, I can't really post because it is really too awful and it ****es me off too much. These guys could have been 3rd and now we have to play Yale, Cornell, Union or Colgate (sorry RPI, I give you no hope of 4th) on the road.

We were not good last night. If they are going to play like that, and I know I am just being angry, but we should just hang up the gear now and break out the golf clubs because what we have seen in the last month is not what Saint hockey is all about.
    Last edited by Got 6, Want More; 02-27-2010, 07:07 AM.
    9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
    1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Looking at the scenarios, SLU can end up 5th, 6th, or 7th. A loss and a Quinnipiac win drops them to 7th. A loss and a Qunnipiac loss/tie puts them in 6th. If they manage to get one more point out of tonight's game than RPI does, they will be 5th.

RPI will be either 5th or 6th. Win and they're 5th. Lose or tie and SLU has an open door to take it away. Quinnipiac cannot pass them and RPI has the tiebreaker. The loss to Colgate last night gives Colgate the tiebreaker advantage, so RPI cannot catch them.

In the event of a three-way tie between SLU, RPI, and Quinnipiac, SLU ends up 5th as well because they hold the tiebreakers (unless it's calculated a different way).

Comment

Originally posted by StayPuftMMcu View Post
        In the event of a three-way tie between SLU, RPI, and Quinnipiac, SLU ends up 5th as well because they hold the tiebreakers (unless it's calculated a different way).
        That's not quite how they do it. In the three-way draw, Rensselaer would finish fifth, then QU, then St. Lawrence. It's detailed here.

Comment

Got Six, I agree with you completely. I shouldn't post now in the mood that I'm in, but it was just not SLU hockey last night and hasn't been since the 4-2 win against Yale.To-days paper says that the mood in the locker room after the game was upbeat,that they thought they had played a good game.Coach should post the players in the lobby and let them hear what the feelings of the fans were.We lost almost every battle along the boards, lost every important face-off,D men couldn't keep it in at the point and any 2 or 3 man rushes were broken up easily, by sometimes just one Dartmough defender.I've never gone to a home game in my lifetime hopeing for a loss but I am to-nite.If we win and Cornell beats RPI, which will happen ,than we get Clarkson.If that happens and the way we're playing and the way the Knights are playing they will take us in two.I'm wondering if what some of the fans around us were saying that this is a partying team and hockey is just a little sideline, is true?Travis Vermeulen is the only consistent player we have that gives it 200% all the time ,what a captain he's been.I've seen more SLU games than anyone posting on this board.It is so disappointing to see a team with this capability , go down hill so fast at this crucial time.
          I'd better quit now before I get everyone upset. Maybe to-morrow I'll feel better.
          brashersaintsfan

Comment

Toknight after the playoff positions have been set, remember to look for the ECAC PICK THE PLAYOFFS THREAD . The ECAC PICK THE STANDINGS 2009 CHAMPION will be crowned Sunday AM.
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

I apologize if this was mentioned already. Greg Carey was named the MVP of the West Division of the CCHL and Justin Baker the Best Defenseman http://www.thecchl.com/view/cchl/cchl-news/news_10766.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks Ralph, I needed something to get me out of this mood,
                Pete
                brashersaintsfan

Comment

Originally posted by ECACHL writer View Post
                  That's not quite how they do it. In the three-way draw, Rensselaer would finish fifth, then QU, then St. Lawrence. It's detailed here.
                  I misread your Friday column then, I thought SLU held the tiebreaker over QU as well.

Comment

I may not have seen as many games as SLU FAN (I started in 1960) but let me put in my 2 cents worth. If Tisi has a normal game we win 2-1 or at least tie. If he has a great game we win 2-0. Either scenario gives us a good chance for a first round bye and all of us would be very happy. As far as being disappointed with this season, I am not. Everyone thought we would be a .500 team and that's what we are. The real battle starts next Friday. If Tisi and Petizian play well we will win regardless of who we play. If the power play does not start producing we will lose to whoever we play in the quarterfinals. I have never been a fan of playing Clarkson in the playoffs but maybe that's what we need to get us out of this slump. The real disappointment was the last 2 seasons when we had teams that could make some noise in the NCAAs but didn't even qualify for the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by freego View Post
                      I may not have seen as many games as SLU FAN (I started in 1960) but let me put in my 2 cents worth. If Tisi has a normal game we win 2-1 or at least tie. If he has a great game we win 2-0. Either scenario gives us a good chance for a first round bye and all of us would be very happy. As far as being disappointed with this season, I am not. Everyone thought we would be a .500 team and that's what we are. The real battle starts next Friday. If Tisi and Petizian play well we will win regardless of who we play. If the power play does not start producing we will lose to whoever we play in the quarterfinals. I have never been a fan of playing Clarkson in the playoffs but maybe that's what we need to get us out of this slump. The real disappointment was the last 2 seasons when we had teams that could make some noise in the NCAAs but didn't even qualify for the playoffs.
                      You can't get a first round bye.

Comment

Originally posted by StayPuftMMcu View Post
                        You can't get a first round bye.
                        Correct me if I'm wrong, freego, but I believe that he was referring to last night's game against Dartmouth in relation to the possible scores he posted. That would have left SLU within close striking distance of Colgate for 4th place.
                        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I'll tell you what...if the guys were upbeat after a loss, then I don't know what to say. If you are upbeat after losing to a team that we should have beat twice and we needed to beat last night then I am left feeling pretty disappointed about this group.

We win last night and tonight) and Union wins tonight, and then we get the bye, we get a little momentum going into the playoffs and we get either RPI or Colgate (two teams we took at least 3 points from each this season) at home in the second round assuming they win their first round. Now, we get either Clarkson, Princeton, Harvard or Brown at home, then we play either Colgate, Union or Cornell on the road for a trip to Albany. That is a huge swing. We go from a bye and either RPI or Colgate at home to four very good teams at home followed by a road series that will be brutal. Even if we were to go on the road and beat Union or Colgate, who the hell wants to play in those rinks??? Or we could get Cornell at Lynah...gee, wouldn't that be fun??

Vermuelen is a solid player and I certainly wouldn't ever have anything negative to say about him. He has done so much good, that there is endless goodwill. I personally think McKenzie has played with a lot of fire and he is one of the only ones who seems to take losing personally which the team should. He had a very nice goal last night and made some nice plays. He played well at Brown and in most of the recent games. Cunningham also had some nice plays. But for the team overall....our ability to make plays is really not good right now,...and the bottom line is 3 points in our last 7 games, and 1 point out of our last 3 home games all against teams behind us in the standings.

It seems to me, this team set out this season with something to prove. What happened to that agenda?????
                          9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                          1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

I know they are dropping the puck on Seniors' Night right now at Appleton and I would just like to take a moment to wish the boys well from afar. I am at the Olympics in Vancouver and not able to be there for the final regular season game at Appleton for my guy and the others from his class.

I know the team has been on hard times lately and I know a lot of fans are frustrated at losing the bye and making the road to Albany very difficult and it's true that if they don't play better, their odds of getting there aren't very good.

But I would also remind everyone that this class of seniors has won an ECAC regular season title as freshmen, went to the ECAC Final Four in their freshman and junior seasons and the NCAAs in their freshman year. There is a lot of character and talent in this senior class and whether they get to Albany for the third time in four years or not, it won't be for lack of effort on their part.

Anyway, enjoy the game. Wish I were there in Appleton. I should get to see a pretty good hockey game tomorrow at Canada Hockey Place , but anyone who knows me knows where I would rather be right now.

Good luck to all the Saints but especially to a very good senior class, including my son Mike.

All the best.

Comment

The Yale-Quinnipiac game, while ongoing, is now meaningless. The standings are set.

Comment

Son of a b......

Clarkson at SLU for a first round match up....I will have to be on heart medication next weekend. No pressure......
                                LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Working...
                                X