X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU 2009-2010 Season

Originally posted by critsports View Post
    Hey I think Jack Parker is a horse's ***...how many points does that get me??
    You know what's funny? After that BC win in Denver, I read the game recap and there was a quote from Jerry York saying "They just played better than we did." The FIRST thing that I thought was, Wow, this guy is the opposite of Jack Parker. Parker would have blamed the officials, the tournament format, the travel, the altitude, and the guy in the hot dog stand, and probably accused SLU of cheating.

bothman, thanks for that link!!

Comment

In ECAC win percentage we are actually in 4th place right now. A Saint win coupled with a Yale loss or tie would put us in third place a mere .30 points (.650 to .680) behind Cornell.

If you go to the game tonight be sure to stop over at the Hoot Owl for the after-game party.

Comment

Originally posted by freego View Post
        In ECAC win percentage we are actually in 4th place right now. A Saint win coupled with a Yale loss or tie would put us in third place a mere .30 points (.650 to .680) behind Cornell.

If you go to the game tonight be sure to stop over at the Hoot Owl for the after-game party.
        In ECAC win percentage, your neighbors down the road on Rt. 11 are in last place in the ECAC - a place never before experienced since the Knights began playing hockey lo those many winters ago.

However. since you can't get up if you don't fall down, I take comfort that I have seen the phoenix rise on many occaisions in Canton. Would that famous creature fly east and rest her mighty wings over Cheel and raise the fallen Knight from the field of battle to try again.

And tonight we face the Toothpaste Trap. Like the vampire Bear, they just suck the life out of us. Last season was a lost cause, this season is a further disaster. I don't know who we can beat in the ECAC except ouselves.

Anyway, good luck tonight against the Big Red. And buy Bob's book - it is a great read!
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by freego View Post

Thanks for the invite, but it would be a 2,500 mile drive for me -- but if the stars align correctly, I will be in Canton for the QPac game, which will be my first SLU game at Appleton in ~25 years. (I've seen them play just about everywhere else except Canton in that period)

And, I wouldn't know where else to go after the game but the Hoot.
          St. Lawrence University
          World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

That was a mack truck that hit Armstrong last night.The stats list Sean Carty as 6'5 and 235# . Mark is lucky to be alive after that, sure glad that the report is that he'll be alright.Fun game to watch, and as Tim said, if Gate had gotten the first goal it could of been 4--zip the other way.I've got a gut feeling that the Saints will come out on top to-night.
            Had a good visit with Maureen Fensel last night, sure good to see her and Harry back at Appleton.She said that Shawn came thru his hip operation fine but is still on crutches at the moment.
            brashersaintsfan

Comment

Hung out with Shawn Fensel last night, he is doing pretty good and off his crutches. He probably could of used them after leaving the Hoot last night though Let's Go Saints!
              Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by bcarlisle View Post
                Thanks for the invite, but it would be a 2,500 mile drive for me -- but if the stars align correctly, I will be in Canton for the QPac game, which will be my first SLU game at Appleton in ~25 years. (I've seen them play just about everywhere else except Canton in that period)

Query: Any relation to Dr. Carlisle of Cornell and SLU History/Govt Dept?
                SLU65

Comment

Originally posted by bcarlisle View Post

I will be at the SLU/Q game as well, as it's a long weekend for me and I'll be headed home. Hopefully some other posters will make the trip and we can meet up somewhere.

Comment

Excellent 3 point weekend against CU squared. It looks like Colgate will jump us by a point, but we have a game in hand. We are also only 2 points behind QU, but have 3 games in hand there.

Hopefully Flanny will be back soon, as we need him in the lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                      Excellent 3 point weekend against CU squared. It looks like Colgate will jump us by a point, but we have a game in hand.
                      I'll say. At some point I'm going to have to start giving SLU credit for being a pretty good team.

Comment

Great weekend by the Saints. I just hope that Kyle Flanagan and the others out with injuries are all OK. Nothing that we do going forward will be a surprise.
                        It's amazing what a combination of coaching, talent, effort and heart can accomplish.

Colgate wins 6-2 tonight, and has more wins than any other team at Cheel.
                        GO SAINTS.

Comment

Zach has a goal and an assist tonight, and Pevs has the same for Atlanta against Carolina

Comment

Nasty, intentional hit on Flanny. Didn't see who did it, but that was not cool.

You don't get any better chances than a 2-Min 5 on 3 in a tied game. SLU got a ton of shots, but not many good ones.

I'll take the result. It was a bit of a patchwork lineup. Why does it seem when we get injuries they are always in the 1st not the 3rd??? Really major disruption of our lines tonight. Carden is coming into his own. So are Hughes and Child. Dewey is starting to show his stuff. It would have been really nice to get the win, but with the disrupted lines and against a good team with a good goalie...I'll take that.

As for the officiating...a lot of the penalties were not on B2 so who knows, but no one can convince me know that Cornell is not a clutch and grab team. Whether grabbing a jersey, a leg, a stick or whatever....they were cheating to slow down SLU. And homers or not, I love Greg and Wally. I am amazed at how well Greg sees games and can paint the picture through the radio. The penalties I did see were deserved. SLU played with a lot of discipline tonight...Cornell did not at times. I don't know what to think of Riley Nash. The talent is there but I think if I was his coach I would beat him. At times he is the best player on the ice, other times he is lazy and even cheap. I do know I would rather build my college team around Greening.

Final comment...I really don't think Cornell's goal should have happened because there was a pretty blatant penalty on Cornell on that play that was not called. Oh well. Great 3rd period to watch.

The Saints have the best team and the nemesis next week. Let's hope they are ready and they have some guys back like. We really miss Bogo and Keller. Bogo is needed to help neutralize Yale's ridiculous quickness.
                            9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                            1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post

Final comment...I really don't think Cornell's goal should have happened because there was a pretty blatant penalty on Cornell on that play that was not called. Oh well. Great 3rd period to watch.
                              Yep, but I think we got some help in the second with almost 5 minutes of 5x3. If you can't score on that, you don't deserve to win IMO.

Comment

Flanny has an MCL injury, out 3-4 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X